Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Maulfan -- are you getting this?

Want to, simply because it's the best Maul figure made to date, but money is tight for me and I can hardly swing $240 on one figure, and this is just too little value for money on display.

For all you got, Sideshow's original Maul would feel more worth $240 than this, where this feels worth the price of the original Maul at best. It's a figure with some hands and a base, it's a 12" equivalent to a Hasbro action figure at HT prices.

First impression: SS has come along way in paint apps. I don't really see much skin texture. They need to do. Enter at that.

I do see some areas where the red paint is showing. While it may be intentional, the jawline a lot of it. I don't like that. I am reaching to SS for a replacement head already.

His left leg is really flimsy, good ol SS bodies. Hopefully will get that replaced. I agree he needs a lot of accessories since he's really a one and done character. Maybe HT will nail that department. Being a huge Maul fan I really like the figure. Having this, the original and Medi, I can bash the ultimate Maul.

Damn! that seams and overlaps......the promo looks so good! I would buy that if that was the case.

i dont get it. why must it be so damn sloppy?? especially at these new price hikes. absolutely no excuse to put product out like that. he looks great too . but damn the paint and seems :mad: cmon sideshow

Arrghh. My hand was hovering over that Buy Now button earlier...but I just couldn't do it. Need more pictures of this ...right now I'm seeing a Hasbro figure with a better outfit. I'm just not past the point of thinking, "Yeah...This is light years ahead of Sideshow's first version of this character....Gotta get it!"

And what a release that one was...that box packed with saber hilts (lit and unlit, full and "split ") all those glove options, a great, layered outfit, the multi - textured robe with it's wired hood, a decent portrait (with paint apps that still hold up now)....

I'm talking myself out of this and that's too bad because when I first saw that stunning portrait with that crisp, fine looking outfit featured on that proto for this new version, I was stoked. Now, as these first in-hand images are showing up.....not so much.

Want to see some more shots and read some more comments on this one...

i dont get it. why must it be so damn sloppy?? especially at these new price hikes. absolutely no excuse to put product out like that. he looks great too . but damn the paint and seems :mad: cmon sideshow

Yep. HT can put out nice paint apps at this price and there's no good reason why SS can't do it too.

Arrghh. My hand was hovering over that Buy Now button earlier...but I just couldn't do it. Need more pictures of this ...right now I'm seeing a Hasbro figure with a better outfit. I'm just not past the point of thinking, "Yeah...This is light years ahead of Sideshow's first version of this character....Gotta get it!"

And what a release that one was...that box packed with saber hilts (lit and unlit, full and "split ") all those glove options, a great, layered outfit, the multi - textured robe with it's wired hood, a decent portrait (with paint apps that still hold up now)....

I'm talking myself out of this and that's too bad because when I first saw that stunning portrait with that crisp, fine looking outfit featured on that proto for this new version, I was stoked. Now, as these first in-hand images are showing up.....not so much.

Want to see some more shots and read some more comments on this one...

While I don't agree that the paint apps on v1 were good I completely agree about the goodies that were included. With a repaint the portrait was decent though. This has improved in both of those areas imo but not enough overall to warrant me shelling out that price for it.

If anyone has both the old and new Maul could you please post a side by side comparison pic? Thanks in advance.

Who'd have both? It's like someone having both Deadpool's or Fett.

I want to see some HQ macro shots of that head! Not crappy iPhone quality pics.

A quick pic I took yesterday.
IMG_1553.JPG

Holy ****! This 80cm x 80cm x 80cm lightbox I bought off ebay for AUD$35 is a lot bigger than I imagined! It even comes with different coloured backdrops that attach at the rear with velcro! Time for me to take some half-decent photos from now on lol!! :)

IMG_1180b.jpg

Nice pic, Life! Horns look really well sculpted. The eyes are definitely an improvement from v1 but still not quite as bright and intense as they should be to me but maybe they would be in hand.

I just got this a few minutes ago, haven't really had time to pose him or really check him out to any real degree but I do have to say that these hi-res pics don't do this sculpt and paintjob any kind of justice, this head sculpt is extremely close to being HT quality and to the naked eye I am not finding any issues whatsoever even that smooth non textured skin or the mold seam that seems so visable in the pics isn't even really that big of an issue. Although I hate the price and feel he should have at LEAST come with his cloak I am pretty damned impressed.

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Darth Maul figure. Overall, the figure is decent, but definitely not worth $240 when compared to other recent figures! Hope you can check it out.

Just watched this. Great review, kool! Definitely some good to this release but disappointing is how I would describe it too based on that video.

Soooo...Sideshow remakes a Maul and calls it the "Dual on Naboo" version and goes cheap by using that as an excuse to omit the cloak, then turns around and poopoos on everybody that goes to another retailer and sells an Exclusive version thru their site only which offers a damaged light saber as a "bonus" to their already stripped down Naboo version? :lol I didn't realize that wasn't included with every figure until the video. Shame for shame, for shame.

I have pre ordered this figure just for this sculpt, from the first pics it looks quite different. Does anyone can take an hi res photo from the same angle?

DM.jpg

Back