Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clearly overpaid on all my Star Wars figures.... and on shipping for them all too. Guess I chipped-into-the-pot for the free shipping now.

Lesson learned. No more preorders. No more "must have now". Patience pays.
It's a good policy honestly. I've learned my lesson, the only figures I pre-order now are ones I 100% knew I would get once they got made before I ever even saw the figure. Like Daredevil I always knew I would get no matter what, so I immediately preordered. Everything else I either try to get cheaper later on or forget about it.

First impression: SS has come along way in paint apps. I don't really see much skin texture. They need to do. Enter at that.

I do see some areas where the red paint is showing. While it may be intentional, the jawline a lot of it. I don't like that. I am reaching to SS for a replacement head already.

His left leg is really flimsy, good ol SS bodies. Hopefully will get that replaced. I agree he needs a lot of accessories since he's really a one and done character. Maybe HT will nail that department. Being a huge Maul fan I really like the figure. Having this, the original and Medi, I can bash the ultimate Maul.

IMG_0109.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
First impression: SS has come along way in paint apps. I don't really see much skin texture. They need to do. Enter at that.

I do see some areas where the red paint is showing. While it may be intentional, the jawline a lot of it. I don't like that. I am reaching to SS for a replacement head already.

His left leg is really flimsy, good ol SS bodies. Hopefully will get that replaced. I agree he needs a lot of accessories since he's really a one and done character. Maybe HT will nail that department. Being a huge Maul fan I really like the figure. Having this, the original and Medi, I can bash the ultimate Maul.

IMG_0109.jpg
[/URL]

How can the prototype have ALL that skin texturing and yet we end up with this? Awful!

Just got mine in today. I better be wowed by this figure when I open it! For the price, it is pretty barebones, so that head sculpt, costume, and body better be top notch! Full video review up soon!

Those seams really stand out unfortunately. I think even if they threw a 50.00 code on it, I would have to pass.

Looks pretty good just standing there. If I can find him cheap I may pick him up. Still waiting on a deal for X Wing Luke too.

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Darth Maul figure. Overall, the figure is decent, but definitely not worth $240 when compared to other recent figures! Hope you can check it out.

Can't wait to get him,thanks for the review Khai,I couldn't care less about more accessories,I'd never use them,posed up with the Sabre,that's enough for me,sure an extra hs is always nice,but it is what it is,I like it alot

Picked mine up today as well. My head doesn't have the red jawline like above but you can see the red through the black on the ears though. The lack of skin texture compared to the proto pics is pretty disheartening. That was one part of the proto that really stuck out and wowed me, was the texture on the head sculpt. My double-bladed saber is super crooked. The holes for the blades aren't level at all. Wonder if I should try and get a replacement hilt.

Maul1.jpg

Maul2.jpg

wtfsaber.jpg

Weak about your saber, my original SSC Maul had the same issue. I re-drilled the hole on the end that was angled and re-glued the blade in but you should not have to on a brand new one. You should definitely have them send you a new one, its his only accessory.

The face close up looks cool, his eyes look great but it almost looks like he is wearing a mask or something as there is so much pink under his eyes. Those are tattoos, not a mask supposedly. Hard to tell about skin texture on the shot but he looks better than derpy original SSC one (not $240 though, if this was $175 with its light load-out I would consider upgrading and keeping my outer cloak and binoculars).

Can't wait to get him,thanks for the review Khai,I couldn't care less about more accessories,I'd never use them,posed up with the Sabre,that's enough for me,sure an extra hs is always nice,but it is what it is,I like it alot

Sure, more accessories arent strictly needed, but then the price should have been a lot lower. For what we get, I think a price around the $190 - $200 mark would've been more palatable.

Picked mine up today as well. My head doesn't have the red jawline like above but you can see the red through the black on the ears though. The lack of skin texture compared to the proto pics is pretty disheartening. That was one part of the proto that really stuck out and wowed me, was the texture on the head sculpt. My double-bladed saber is super crooked. The holes for the blades aren't level at all. Wonder if I should try and get a replacement hilt.

Definitely agree on the skin texture. I mention that in my review as the main issue I have with the head sculpt too. My saber also looks a little crooked, but some hot water helped to straighten it up. I also turned the blades a little to get the best position for a straight look.

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Darth Maul figure. Overall, the figure is decent, but definitely not worth $240 when compared to other recent figures! Hope you can check it out.

Nice review, you touched on every single topic of interest and concern I had about this figure. Pity about the ankles, lack of cloak, and price tag!

This release screamed for an alternate head sculpt, cant believe they didn't go for it.

Back