Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap not to include it, but looks excellent even without it. The cloak would just cover most of the nice tailoring which looks impressive so far.

Definitely looks like an improvement, though I'm sad to see that unfutzable "crepe material" rear its head once again.

Seems like the head is a bit too big but I can live with that.

Perfect, head was too small on the original. :lol

I really hope down the road they start making some prequel characters.

200w.gif

Peeking in this thread looking for pics of the final figure. This is a character that if hot toys did, I couldn't say no but I've lately started pondering getting this one as I'm just not sure how many years it'll be before they get to him. They're not even doing much with empire or jedi! SSC is never a bad option but no hood/cloak is an odd choice here.

Yeah, no doubt Hot Toys would do a better job but this still looks great. There's no telling when HT is gonna stop dragging their feet and make the characters poeple want so I'll probably get this in the meantime. The lack of a robe isn't a deal breaker, and some company might pop up with a custom robe or something anyway.

Figure looks great, I imagine most folks taking issue with the lack of robe and accessories are speaking more to this figure costing what you'd expect for a figure loaded up like the original inclusive figure and something more like $100-$150 for this.

$240 and no cloak. No accessories. All you get is a cheap stand.

Shame i would have bought it otherwise as the figure is nice. Now I'm thinking the PF would be a better deal.

This does look like a great Maul figure and the headsculpt is miles above anything we've seen before but I still feel like the likeness although covered with facial tattoos is still not very close to a Ray Park Maul. He looks like a cosplayer in great make up.
4119e35b7fafe41127b5caaa7bcdcb44.jpg

I'm still getting it because it's the best we've seen yet and it looks good but still not quite happy with it.

I also feel like the figure is taller than Maul should be -- slightly lanky for the short Maul.

Again, the usual body swap will fix this -- if it is an issue in hand. I'm guessing Maul will be as tall as the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver... and tower over Luke where he should be about Luke's height.

I agree, great paint and sculpt, but it's not Ray Park. Looks too young like a teenager maul. I'm still buying and only have 1 payment left. Stoked since I have original version, 2 medicom ones and now this one! Also have the LSF and New PF on order. Can't have enough maul in my collection.

I also feel like the figure is taller than Maul should be -- slightly lanky for the short Maul.

Again, the usual body swap will fix this -- if it is an issue in hand. I'm guessing Maul will be as tall as the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver... and tower over Luke where he should be about Luke's height.
:lol Probably. No longer sixth scale, back to just 12" figures across the board.

I think a custom body makes most sense for Maul. For my custom, I used an advanced TT upper body, combined with slim legs and pelvis, which makes him shorter. That gives him that short but athletic look.

I think a custom body makes most sense for Maul. For my custom, I used an advanced TT upper body, combined with slim legs and pelvis, which makes him shorter. That gives him that short but athletic look.

It drives me nuts to pay this much for a figure and then need to put it on another body. Seemed more reasonable when figures were a hundred bucks, not now... I'll just put Maul in a crouching pose instead! :)

It drives me nuts to pay this much for a figure and then need to put it on another body. Seemed more reasonable when figures were a hundred bucks, not now... I'll just put Maul in a crouching pose instead! :)

Fully with you. I customised my original SS Maul with that combination of bodies, new gloves, new boots, and resculpted & repainted the sculpt (though that just cost time), and I still paid significantly less than this new version costs.

Crap, I've been trying to dial back my collecting and this wasn't even on my radar as I have the Medicom and price seemed excessive. Looks really good and now I want...

Back