Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm one of those Star Wars fans that enjoys every Star Wars movie...

The way I've always looked at it is like this:

The Phantom Menace would have been a really good movie without Jar Jar and especially the way too long podrace.
Attack of the Clones is probably the worst SW movie, but Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman bring it down by themselves.
Revenge of the Sith was a great movie no matter what.

Just my two cents.

The Phantom Menace would have been a really good movie without Jar Jar and especially the way too long podrace.
Attack of the Clones is probably the worst SW movie, but Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman bring it down by themselves.

Just my two cents.

Agreed. The love story parts in Attack of the Clones literally makes me cringe it's so cheesy.
Back on topic, I'm wondering if the old SS Darth Maul cloak would look good with this figure since SS didn't include a cloak. I'll probably test it out.

Back on topic, I'm wondering if the old SS Darth Maul cloak would look good with this figure since SS didn't include a cloak. I'll probably test it out.

I'm wondering about that too. If it does fit this new version, I'll put it on the figure for some desert shots next time I'm out there.

Just my two cents.

Couldn't agree with you any more! TPM and AOTC are the worst ones but I still enjoy watching them. I think we all agree that Jar Jar is the worst part of the prequels! :lol

They are doing Gonk and you question whether Maul is popular enough? Does not compute.

Kind of annoyed that they're doing Gonk before ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, but I guess they must have crunched the numbers and realized the money is in the Gonk droid.:huh

Kind of annoyed that they're doing Gonk before ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, but I guess they must have crunched the numbers and realized the money is in the Gonk droid.:huh

Maybe it is my age and nostalgia but I would take the Gonk over any PT figure.

Not to say I would not want a ROTS Anakin or an arena Padme though.

Yeah I'd appreciate some prequel love from HT. I'd want ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Windu, and Palpatine. I love my customs/SS versions, but I wouldn't mind retiring them for the real deal. Unless they just blindside us and throw it in randomly among the OT and ST stuff, we have a solid 5 years til they get to them... Sigh. 20th anniversary of AOTC or 15th anniversary of ROTS?

Just my two cents.

I agree with a couple caveats; Don't cut Jar Jar out, just cut his screen time. Just like you suggested for the pod race...it was wayy too long.

I got a chance to see AOTC in Imax and it was great because due to the reel size, they had to re-edit the movie cutting many of the bad sappy love scenes out. Best thing they could've done for that movie. The pacing was better. The scenes were more cohesive and a lot of the bad acting was cut. Made for a much better movie.
ROTS...can't agree more.

These movies weren't great but they were good. GL just needed someone to help steer the boat. I personally think he was wayyy too close to the projects and likely had no subjective opinions to refine his ideals. I mean, if you worked for Lucas, whose gonna be the guy in the room that says,"Uhhhhhh...I don't get it?" Hard to say to this guy who has had more movie success than all the guys working for him combined that you took some very talented actors and turned them into one dimensional mannequins?

I agree with a couple caveats; Don't cut Jar Jar out, just cut his screen time. Just like you suggested for the pod race...it was wayy too long.

I got a chance to see AOTC in Imax and it was great because due to the reel size, they had to re-edit the movie cutting many of the bad sappy love scenes out. Best thing they could've done for that movie. The pacing was better. The scenes were more cohesive and a lot of the bad acting was cut. Made for a much better movie.
ROTS...can't agree more.

These movies weren't great but they were good. GL just needed someone to help steer the boat. I personally think he was wayyy too close to the projects and likely had no subjective opinions to refine his ideals. I mean, if you worked for Lucas, whose gonna be the guy in the room that says,"Uhhhhhh...I don't get it?" Hard to say to this guy who has had more movie success than all the guys working for him combined that you took some very talented actors and turned them into one dimensional mannequins?

Do you know where to find this cut of AOTC? I kinda want to see how the scenes are re-edited to improve the flow.

Not really sure how people can call Revenge of the Sith great. For me that movie is the biggest disaster out of the whole PT. Anakin is at his most whiney and effeminate. The story wastes tons of time on Obi Wan lizard riding silliness, droid slapstick and General Grevious. Meanwhile crucial things like slow deterioration of Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship, the fall of the jedi, and Anakin's turn to the dark side are incredibly rushed. The dialogue and acting is at its worst. The CGI is the most over the top making it feel the least like the OT.

I can deal with TPM if I ignore Jar Jar and even AOTC has a couple decent parts, but as far as trilogies go ROTS sticks the landing about as well as Harrison Ford on a golf course.

Not saying ROTS was flawless...it certainly was not. All the things you mentioned are big problems with that movie...and a slew more! It certainly had it's, "Martha?! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?!?" moments. But for me, it had the most redeeming qualities of all the PTs. The Yoda/Palpatine fight scene was pretty good. The Anakin/Obi fight scene was epic and it actually showed some real emotion in certain parts of the film ie the destruction of the Jedi temple scene, the fall of Anakin scene. Overall, ROTS was the most entertaining of the 3, imho.

I don't think the IMAX version of the film was ever released outside of the IMAX showing. Would be cool if Disney released it though but somehow I doubt they ever will.

Not really sure how people can call Revenge of the Sith great. For me that movie is the biggest disaster out of the whole PT. Anakin is at his most whiney and effeminate. The story wastes tons of time on Obi Wan lizard riding silliness, droid slapstick and General Grevious. Meanwhile crucial things like slow deterioration of Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship, the fall of the jedi, and Anakin's turn to the dark side are incredibly rushed. The dialogue and acting is at its worst. The CGI is the most over the top making it feel the least like the OT.

I can deal with TPM if I ignore Jar Jar and even AOTC has a couple decent parts, but as far as trilogies go ROTS sticks the landing about as well as Harrison Ford on a golf course.

Going with you all the way on this one.

Can still (just) watch TPM & AOTC... (just) - but ROTS is an absolute embarrassment (bar the Anakin and Palpatine scene at the opera). Everything is so cringeworthy, I'd rather watch paint dry. At least the paint drying would simply be boring - ROTS is like torture.

Back