Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So people love this figure in hand it seems once you get past the price? I have an amazon gift card I might put towards it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hasbro Maul came today. The cloak has worked out really good, though I think I'm going to put a stitch on each side of the hood so it sits where I want it to be. Thinking about cutting the saber that came with him in half and repainting it to set on his stand, and seeing if I can grind down the saber poles to fit into SSC Maul's lightsaber...
View attachment 318655
Edit- stitched the hood down.
ffbef03e2c507cd763c341204f533fa2.jpg

My Maul lightsaber staff just snapped in half last night when I was trying to take it out of his hand, strangely enough it was a clean break that formed two perfect Sith lightsabers.....still cant say Im happy about it though as now I have to purchase his staff again loose.

My Maul lightsaber staff just snapped in half last night when I was trying to take it out of his hand, strangely enough it was a clean break that formed two perfect Sith lightsabers.....still cant say Im happy about it though as now I have to purchase his staff again loose.
That ****ing sucks. Luckily, it's the cheap hasbro one I'm talking about, but I am afraid that's going to happen to the expensive one. His hands are so ****ing rigid that I had the little black nub for his belt clip come off when I was trying to get it in his hand and had to super glue it back on.

Mine did that too, but one end had a square peg and the other had a corresponding square hole. After putting the two ends back together, it looks like it did when I took it out of the box. I was debating if I should keep the two halves apart like how I have them on my Play Arts Kai variant Darth Maul. Now, if I can only fix the crooked "blades".

I also purchased a custom robe for him that was $65 so once I rebuy his staff this figure is gonna cost me about as much as a Hot Toys diecast IM figure!!! Good thing I love that sculpt so much!

Its not quite movie accurate (doesn't have that pleated front) and I definitely overpaid but I wanted a robe for him and was having a hard time locating one so I bought this one off of ebay. It was meant for a 1/6 statue but works just as well on the figure, its wired and stuff and looks good, if I hadn't broken his staff I'd be fine with what hes cost me so far all things considered. Heres a pic of the robe on the statue from the ebay auction...........

Attachments

• robe.jpg
    robe.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 254
Its not quite movie accurate (doesn't have that pleated front) and I definitely overpaid but I wanted a robe for him and was having a hard time locating one so I bought this one off of ebay. It was meant for a 1/6 statue but works just as well on the figure, its wired and stuff and looks good, if I hadn't broken his staff I'd be fine with what hes cost me so far all things considered. Heres a pic of the robe on the statue from the ebay auction...........
It looks really nice though, and the wiring is a really nice touch. It would be amazing is Hot Toys made Maul...

Yeah my most important concern was how the hood looked up, I didn't want that cone head look but I also didn't want him to look like he had a hoodie on, this one falls in place nicely. He is so small compared to my other figures I wanted the robe to sort of bulk him up a bit more.

Yeah my most important concern was how the hood looked up, I didn't want that cone head look but I also didn't want him to look like he had a hoodie on, this one falls in place nicely. He is so small compared to my other figures I wanted the robe to sort of bulk him up a bit more.
I feel you. Next to my other figures he looked like he was too small and missing something. The cloak makes him have more presence. Definitely a **** up on sideshow's part to not include one

Is there a significant difference in quality between the earlier Sideshow Lords of the Sith version vs the current Sideshow Duel on Naboo version? Just curious, since the LOS version looks like it comes with a cloak and seems to be cheaper on ebay.

Looks fantastic worth all of the money you spent on it.

Did you get that cloak for your Maul yet? You realize the SS Premium Formats are 1/4 scale, not 1/6. That cloak you pictured from the auction on ebay is for the 1/4 scale original Darth Maul SS premium Format figure.. It's probably going to be very oversized for your 1/6 SS Maul...

I've been contemplating buying that custom cloak for my original SS Darth Maul PF statue for years, but never wanted to pay the $65 for it since its not quite accurate without the front pleats...

Did you get that cloak for your Maul yet? You realize the SS Premium Formats are 1/4 scale, not 1/6. That cloak you pictured from the auction on ebay is for the 1/4 scale original Darth Maul SS premium Format figure.. It's probably going to be very oversized for your 1/6 SS Maul...

I've been contemplating buying that custom cloak for my original SS Darth Maul PF statue for years, but never wanted to pay the $65 for it since its not quite accurate without the front pleats...

What he said, was about to say that too, the Maul pictured is the 1/4 Scale Statue.

If it's a clean break, you could just buy some cheap round neodymium magnets off eBay, and glue one on each end. Then you can have a whole or separated saber anytime you want. I've done that to my CCFL maul sabers.

That's weird, it arrived yesterday and it is indeed 1/6 scale as the auction states. Not sure why he's showing a 1/4 pic. Pheonix0A that's actually a pretty good idea.

That's weird, it arrived yesterday and it is indeed 1/6 scale as the auction states. Not sure why he's showing a 1/4 pic. Pheonix0A that's actually a pretty good idea.

Ah well then thats all that matters, glad you got the right size. I guess he just shows the drape and cut on the 1/4 scale knowing he can replicate it in 1/6.

Can anyone give me the exact height of you figure standing straight up I wanted a comparison to my custom maul with obi wan body. The site says 304mm but I don't think he is that tall;) thank you in advance

While i still want this calculation update Ray Park was 5 "10
1÷6=0.166666666667
70 " x 0.16= 11
.2 which my custom is 11.3 inches. I think I'm pretty close;)

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Back