Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted that head as well.. although I was doing 4 of them and the one I had for myself got messed up. So it's sitting partially painted on my work bench :lol

Great sculpt though, and even if I go with the new Maul it will make a great swap-out sculpt.

I painted that head as well.. although I was doing 4 of them and the one I had for myself got messed up. So it's sitting partially painted on my work bench :lol

Great sculpt though, and even if I go with the new Maul it will make a great swap-out sculpt.

I agree great looking sculpt. Sorry to hear yours got mess up, I hope you can fix it. I'm working on the Sith Speeder, its repainted with LEDs. I made one a few years ago and sold it.

Yeah, luckily just the paint... so it's fixable. I just don't relish the idea of painting that damned pattern again :lol

I think I remember the Sith Speeder you did (or someone did), it was pretty badass. Hasbro got a few things right during their 1/6 figure run.

I had to sell off my Sideshow and Medicom Maul figures, I was waiting for an eventual HT release but delighted to see Sideshow coming back and doing Maul right. The portrait is already a step up, hope the costume, especially his robe, look more like the film than the first release, just hope there's an option to get a basic figure, don't want robo Maul or his bike or droids. Wonder if they'd be bold and do his body tats.

This Maul will certainly have a second snarling head.

Yeah, but I think we also expected that on the first release. But, a 2nd head would be a real boost to this figure.

It's a lot easier to swap heads on the modern body than the old Buck, look at Palpatine, he was two whole figures instead of 2 costumes and 2 heads.

He's got nothing else to justify a $200+ price tag. 2nd head is guaranteed. Just like Hoth Han and Luke.
Lightsaber (lit up version and hilt only), binoculars, and stand would be my guesses for what he'll come with. Probably his cloak too but that's more part of his outfit I guess.

I have never really had a problem with the original SSC Maul but there has always been something off about the figure when I have a glance at him and I'm now really looking forward to seeing what SSC do to update this guy.

So far we want -

2 head sculpts
better body
better boots
better robes

I've never had a major problem with the Sideshow Maul either. I added his droids and the Hasbro speeder and it still makes for a cool display.

IMG_1113sm.jpg

Considering the price on the original Maul (I think $70) he was a damn impressive figure... even the buck body was not a major issue given that it was well hidden. I think the biggest issue was the paint work... the stencil was a bit off so you had some weirdness around the mouth and then the eyes of course were very dead. A few tweaks and he's an impressive figure.

But, having said that if Sideshow can deliver Hoth quality on him I think the new one would be worth the purchase. But I'll keep my old Maul at least until I have the new one in hand in case Sideshow is still using the ugly thick saber blades.

Perhaps the only amazing thing to come out of the PT. And I'm still out.

Looking forward to the pics though!

#OT4lyfe

I'm torn too. I've decided to cut off all purchases of PT stuff after I got Grievous, but this is tempting. I may succumb, I may not. Either way, looking forward to seeing what SSCs looks like.

I'm not much of a fan of the PT... it has it's moments, but over time I like it less and less. But there are a few shining moments and while Maul is not a favorite of mine, he's still pretty cool and worthy of addition to the collection.

Back