Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows, maybe Disney really screwed them on the license. Beyond that, I expect SSC's expenses operating in the US are higher than HT's operating in China (having no CS department must save them a ton). My assumption is that if we saw SSC's expenses, the prices would make sense in that context (i.e., I don't think they are being "greedy") but that doesn't make us any more likely to buy. Things like cutting the stands from this and the Jawa releases smack of a desperate move to cut costs, so I don't think 1:6 SW is looking too good for Sideshow going forward.

:lecture I think a lot of people forget that part. Cost of living in China is significantly less. Sideshow as a company simply costs more to run.

:lecture I think a lot of people forget that part. Cost of living in China is significantly less. Sideshow as a company simply costs more to run.

This is Hong Kong we're talking about. One of the most expensive cities in the world.

The worst part is that you are paying a premium price and there are no gimmicks and some missing elementary accessories: 1. You don't get his hooded cloak, 2. There is no lightsaber light-up feature, 3. You don't get a probe droid accessory, 4. A Bloodfin Speeder,... nothing to justify the price. With that said, I do think it is the best looking 1/6 Darth Maul out there so far, even over Medicom's.

Yeah for $200 (the Hoth Han and Luke price) I'd be perfectly fine with the lack of a cloak. But for $240 there's just no way.

Shame, because otherwise it looks like one of the best figures they've done in a while.

Happy with the first Sideshow Maul. This doesn't look any better, so why buying it...
Meh.

I'm not very interested but if was I'd be disappointed in the lack of cloak. No stand seems pretty cheap too.

The worst part is that you are paying a premium price and there are no gimmicks and some missing elementary accessories: 1. You don't get his hooded cloak, 2. There is no lightsaber light-up feature, 3. You don't get a probe droid accessory, 4. A Bloodfin Speeder,... nothing to justify the price. With that said, I do think it is the best looking 1/6 Darth Maul out there so far, even over Medicom's.
You had me until point 4. It would be ludicrous to expect a 1:6 vehicle thrown in for $240. :lol Other accessories along with binoculars and whatnot would've gone a long way to making this more appetizing for the price.

Wow I had no idea Hong Kong was the 9th most expensive city to live in, I just looked it up after reading your comment.

New boots new body will be upgrades 4 old Darth Maul and this will be bought for sure. We need a rerelease of the Jabbas throne n Emperor's throne.

$239.99US = $315.81 CAN and I have not paid shipping yet!! I don’t care how US minimum wage compared to CAN is. Fact is looking at this figure sitting on my kitchen table is nowhere even close to being a $350 CAN product!! And that goes for so so so many if not all 1/6 figures today.

Its very easy to remove temptation if you see $150 price tag for a new release Blu ray!!

I really think the days of SSC having the monopoly on Star Wars is done. HT's is the new game in town. They just keep upping the prices and producing less. I think SSC will eventually get out of the 1/6 market. There are some early releases that need new sculpts, but not at this price. Again charging HT's prices and giving an inferior product. I am not buying that their increased operating costs are doing this. I think they have poor management at this time. This is not the same company they were 8 years ago. I think it is just Greed. They did not even get the TFA license. This is a pass. I have the original SSC Maul and the Medicom version 2 one. That is enough.

I think they have the TFA license, they are just choosing not to produce the main characters as they know it will be competing with Hot Toys. They could probably fit in a niche where they produce the same characters but at half the cost and lesser quality compared to Hot Toys. However, I suspect they get so much from distributing Hot Toys figures that they do not want to cannibalize sales.

I think we need petition for a cloak and a stand. Two major pieces missing from this figure that should be a default requirement.

I think they have the TFA license, they are just choosing not to produce the main characters as they know it will be competing with Hot Toys. They could probably fit in a niche where they produce the same characters but at half the cost and lesser quality compared to Hot Toys. However, I suspect they get so much from distributing Hot Toys figures that they do not want to cannibalize sales.

I doubt they have the 1/6 TFA license at this point if they've chosen to produce/preview absolutely nothing so far, but obviously there's still time to find out for sure.

Stick it where the sun don't shine Sideshow , no cloak or light up saber and not even a stand !
You can tell Disney have had a say so in this as it's getting like their blu ray steelbooks a pi*s poor effort.

It is indeed odd that they haven't previewed a TFA premium format figure as that would have no direct competition in that area. However, Sideshow has made some incredibly nonsensical decisions over the years with Star Wars (ie, focusing on B-Level characters while ignoring main characters, an endless stream of clones while ignoring everyone else, a hard on for the PT while neglecting the OT) and it is entirely possible that they are just being incredibly slow with revealing their TFA stuff.

Back