Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$239.99US = $315.81 CAN and I have not paid shipping yet!! I don’t care how US minimum wage compared to CAN is. Fact is looking at this figure sitting on my kitchen table is nowhere even close to being a $350 CAN product!! And that goes for so so so many if not all 1/6 figures today.

Its very easy to remove temptation if you see $150 price tag for a new release Blu ray!!
From your previous posts on the subject, I'd have had no clue you had a problem with current US - CAD exchange rates, Bo. :lol

I am not buying that their increased operating costs are doing this. I think they have poor management at this time. This is not the same company they were 8 years ago. I think it is just Greed.
So greedy that they're pricing themselves out of the market... Makes no sense to me but no way to tell who is right, unfortunately.

This is the beginning of the end for Sideshow and Star Wars. Hot Toys is nailing the OT and the ST, so the PT was Sideshow's gap in the market. They screwed up Jango and now they've dropped the ball on Maul.

I was tempted with some PT stuff, but I think I'll stick with Figuarts 1/12 scale for the PT and get the inevitable HT figures in a couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My friend Deathstalker pointed out that Maul is wearing that same crappy "crepe" material that was used for the Sandpeople and recently on HT Kenobi.

Why do they like that spongey, see-thru, 'creped' material so much?

I would think adding a stand (even a plain black blank one) would've had minimal impact on the overall cost of production. Cloak may be a bit more but if they're charging such a premium for a figure - more than some Hot Toys releases - then that should really have been included. Throw in a seeker droid or two and there'd be a lot fewer complaints.

While it would've raised the cost of production, including the stand and cloak would be a small price to pay to bolster some goodwill with collectors and guarantee more sales. People would still grumble about the $240 price point but many would begrudgingly order saying, "well, at least it comes with a cloak." "And a stand!" "No **** it comes with a stand, dip****. Why would they not include a ****ing stand?"

Oh.

I don't buy PT figures but I'm enough of a Sith fan to have considered this. Not at this price point.

From your previous posts on the subject, I'd have had no clue you had a problem with current US - CAD exchange rates, Bo. :lol

The only other SW figure that I would like to have in my collection would be Sandtrooper. But I just can’t pull the trigger at $300 CAN. I guess it comes down to what Watto said…..”No pod is worth two slaves!!"

My friend Deathstalker pointed out that Maul is wearing that same crappy "crepe" material that was used for the Sandpeople and recently on HT Kenobi.

Why do they like that spongey, see-thru, 'creped' material so much?
Personally, I think it hangs nicely. I love the Tusken Raider material. :(

I think we need petition for a cloak and a stand. Two major pieces missing from this figure that should be a default requirement.

Sign me up. I'd have no problem buying the figure and gettinn s cloak from another customizer, but for this price, it should come with everything Darth Maul was seen with in the movie minus his speeder. I think everything they're offering minus the sabers are upgraded, but not for that price with so little. Damn shame. SSC is making it easy to say no.

Well, I think the value of the original just went up... :yess: Fans will want it just for his cloak and other accessories to add to this new one!!

View attachment 220175

View attachment 220176

I thought about it for a second, until I remembered taking this pic back in 2008:lol

DSC00763.jpg

Luckily for me I've bought none of those characters aside from the Tusken. ;)

I thought you were considering Ben? Is this Maul going to beat out Old Ben...?

Same price I guess.

That Maul pic is hilarious. That Maul was actually the very first Sideshow figure to be in-scale with itself... but they had to shrink him to do it. Damn shame.

It was nice knowing you SSC :wave

From your overpriced shipping, to your employee who screwed me over by lying to me, to your $23 NRD that last time I swear never was deducted from my order (I could be wrong), to your NRD in general, to your terrible bodies for 1/6th figures, to your lack of listening to fans (see Green Lantern), to no stands not included with the Jawas even though you showed stands, to the direction your artists go with figures as "interpretive" instead of comic style, to your inability to capitalize on 1/6th figures that should be made but instead cheap out (Cad Bane and lack of Dooku, Ahsoka, and Clone Wars Ventress), to the cheap plastic used for Battle Droids and Grievous, to the multiple month delays in figures, to the lack of information and photographs of final production of figures only until after they ship (see Jango)....

but the final nail in the coffin..... the now blatantly obvious overpriced figures.

I thought you were considering Ben? Is this Maul going to beat out Old Ben...?
Hell no (to Maul)! Still on the fence with Ben. If I can get him for a good deal a few months from now, I'll snap it up but otherwise I'm gonna give him a pass. I'll wait until HT does the Force Ghost version. :p

I wonder if Sideshow will offer the cloak separately as part of the "Inclusive" Maul...?

:lol

Sideshow old timers will get that joke regarding the last Maul.

And to think back in the good old days we use to sit by our computers to pre-order their stuff. Server crashes and it would take forever to get your order to go through. Now, they can't sell out of most of their exclusives. Sideshow needs new management. They are going the way of Master Replicas.

Back