Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could trust SSC with the final product but unfortunately I can't. They've had too many misses on the final production of pieces. Until I see something in-hand I won't order a figure of theirs.

I agree that he's pretty bare bones and costly but a similar pose to below with the blades attached is all I pretty much asked for and will gladly fork over the money for this:lol

attachment.php

I usually only PO when there is an exclusive, but Sideshow either plays games lately or has lot's of cancellations. The Jango exclusive went to wait list pretty quickly, then they added the NRD, and right after charging notices all of a sudden the exclusive was back up for pre-order/purchase, and weeks after release it's still available. I should've cancelled and used a $20 coupon... Let's see if they pull the same stunt with C-3PO... All of a sudden the exclusive will be back up after they start shipping.

This happens with so many figures now--HT Han, Starlord, Scout Trooper, Jango, Superman last year, Luke Hoth. Some only remain in stock for a short time after they're actually released and some seem to remain forever, but it's definitely become a trend.

Yeah, Sideshow has now surpassed HT in terms of price... even their Marvel figures are more expensive than a comparable HT figure and the quality just has not been there in the final product or even proto.

While Maul looks great, I have a feeling if it were from HT we'd at least have the addition of leather-like boots, and the piece of mind that the figure would mostly likely arrive w/o any QC issues like a floppy body or misalinged eyes.

I understand this is an expensive license, but Sideshow has yet to deliver a figure deserving of the high-end price. They were pretty close to on-point with the Scout Trooper, but failed on Jango.

I will not PO this until I can at least use a $20 off coupon, and if it sells out before that I'll just wait or pass. The original Sideshow figure is not great, but I just don't really see this being worth anything more than like $180.

Jeezzz...no cloak, no additional head sculpt, no light up saber, no alt saber (not even the damaged one!) no stand????

WTF

The damaged hilt is the exclusive... and I assume the blades would also fit into the damaged hilt. But yeah, even compared to the HT SW releases this is clearly overpriced.

Kylo Ren is comparable... but he comes with an LED saber and is $15 less :lol

Is anyone bothered by the length of his horns? They seem a little too long. And not including the cloak is total bs- Its part of his costume. Thats like making Superman without his cape :slap

at that price we need another head and a cloak. unacceptable damnit. the horns are a little long, and too high on the sides giving the head an elongated shape. kinda looks like they referenced the clone wars cartoon maul. that said, i do like him. waiting on hot toys eventual version.

No frakin' way am I paying

$317 CAD
$40 CAD shipping
$50 CAD Tax and duty for that.

WTF are they thinking?

And thats without even seeing the actual production paintwork which will look nothing like that proto.

Is anyone bothered by the length of his horns? They seem a little too long. And not including the cloak is total bs- Its part of his costume. Thats like making Superman without his cape :slap

Yeah but wasn't there a part of a Superman comic once where he wasn't wearing it? This is like that. :lol

SS 6th scale line has improved throughout the years. The price has also rise up to almost HT range, yet their quality and craftsmanship are still far from HT.
For this Maul figure, the HS is definitely way better than the 1st version. But the upper lips bother me a bit. Looks like Sylvester Stallone's.

His clothes aren't baggy enough around the belt area and he seems to have giraffe neck. I'll wait for in hand photos but will most likely wait till after market when it drops to the appropriate price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it was up for PO and just wanted to look at the pics before ordering then (cue the screeching tires sound) no cloak???? $240 and no cloak. One thing is for sure Sideshow lost one customer with them not including it. This was an improvement over the first one in regards to the sculpt but it's a pass for me.

Jeezzz...no cloak, no additional head sculpt, no light up saber, no alt saber (not even the damaged one!) no stand????

WTF

Unbelievable. At that price all the above should be included! The price doesn't shock me anymore but never in a million years would i have assumed he wouldn't come with a cloak or a stand! And i was at the very least expecting a second "snarling" headsculpt.

After the Jango QC debacle how can Sideshow charge more than HT for a barebones release? Lets not forget SS also marks up the HT figures and they sell for around $150 in HK (and since SS are buying wholesale they get them much less than even that of course). Therefore simple economics would suggest they would be selling their own figures at a cheaper price since there is no third party involved.

I wanted this figure but i am now officially done with all Sideshow sixth scale. I'll stick to the HT with superior quality and at a cheaper price!

Back