Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pics look bomb. Was going to bid on a medi Maul but decided to hold off. Good idea or no?

Depends on your current displays. I had the Medi Maul with a ton of mods and upgrades but still wanted this one instead. Sold mine for a decent price but I think this will be the one to have till HT announces their prequel line.

The Medi is really good but lacks in some areas. It needs a body swap to fit in with other Hot Toys and Sideshow figures as well as a leather belt upgrade. If you are just planning on displaying it on his own I'd say get the Medi if you can't wait for this but if you want him sparring off against sideshow Obi and Qui Gonn I'd say wait for this one. Otherwise it would look like the Jedi are picking on a middle school Sith Lord!

Depends on your current displays. I had the Medi Maul with a ton of mods and upgrades but still wanted this one instead. Sold mine for a decent price but I think this will be the one to have till HT announces their prequel line.

The Medi is really good but lacks in some areas. It needs a body swap to fit in with other Hot Toys and Sideshow figures as well as a leather belt upgrade. If you are just planning on displaying it on his own I'd say get the Medi if you can't wait for this but if you want him sparring off against sideshow Obi and Qui Gonn I'd say wait for this one. Otherwise it would look like the Jedi are picking on a middle school Sith Lord!

Hmm he was going to be part of my Sith display, which includes SS Vader 2.0, Hasbro Dooku with height extension, and SS Sidious (soon). I think I'll wait for this Maul. I had SS Maul last year but I returned it because it was kinda garbage for the $90 I paid for it.

And I was tempted to pick up some of the SS Jedi for the cheap, but I'm hoping SS just re-does them. Their message kind of gives that indication of revisiting the prequels (crosses fingers). Hoping we FINALLY get Dooku...

Hmm he was going to be part of my Sith display, which includes SS Vader 2.0, Hasbro Dooku with height extension, and SS Sidious (soon). I think I'll wait for this Maul. I had SS Maul last year but I returned it because it was kinda garbage for the $90 I paid for it.

And I was tempted to pick up some of the SS Jedi for the cheap, but I'm hoping SS just re-does them. Their message kind of gives that indication of revisiting the prequels (crosses fingers). Hoping we FINALLY Dooku...

I like the medicom Maul, but the SSC 2.0 might be a good upgrade.

IMG_9886.JPG

I like the medicom Maul, but the SSC 2.0 might be a good upgrade.

View attachment 219284

Yup that's exactly what I'm going for! Although I'm waiting for Hot Toys' Emperor. SS has a good Chancellor though. And that is how Sidious is through most of his life.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that after this Maul, we're not getting another one from TPM for a long time. I really like the sculpt too.

Hot Toys will have a hard time besting the Sideshow Emperor, other than a slightly nicer paint job, the tailoring and sculpt, at least the neautral face, were easily at Hot Toys level. I miss mine a lot.

As for Maul's, I've owned all of them and each has had their flaws, no one has had it all in one package but this new Sideshow looks like it could deliver on that, or at the very least, have fewer flaws out of the box than any predecessor.

Hot Toys will have a hard time besting the Sideshow Emperor, other than a slightly nicer paint job, the tailoring and sculpt, at least the neautral face, were easily at Hot Toys level. I miss mine a lot.

As for Maul's, I've owned all of them and each has had their flaws, no one has had it all in one package but this new Sideshow looks like it could deliver on that, or at the very least, have fewer flaws out of the box than any predecessor.

Yeah I'm hoping for a better paint job. Maybe even a few interesting accessories such as Luke's saber or a second sculpt. The SS looks good, but it's not worth aftermarket prices. I think Hot Toys can prob improve on everything. I might as well just wait.

Same with maul. Keeping my hopes up for now.

Don't know why Hot Toys hasn't shown any signs to produce this character, but this figure looks to be on par with Hot Toys quality. Still want to see Hot Toys produce this, after seeing the quality differences between the two Vaders, I can't help my curiosity.

Last I checked, Howard was on record as saying that Hot Toys will be focusing their efforts on OT characters and TFA characters, implying that they'll be leaving prequel characters alone.

I pretty much don't like to wait. I have picked up a version then sold it, usually for a profit or break even, to pick up the newer version if I think it's better.

It used to be where this hobby would yield great profits after a figure has sold out but it seems to be hit or miss these days with so many figures saturating the market.

If I buy a figure it's not with the intention of making a profit. I just want to be able to buy a figure on a character and be done but with all these recent Hot Toys and SS endeavors they are really making it difficult to settle for what I have.

I had the Medi Maul and upgraded it with SS parts then sold it. I will buy this one and hope it's what Ive been waiting for but if HT ever makes one I'm sure I will want that one instead.

SS Emperor is a nice figure but I think HT would take him to another level, in terms of likeness and definitely with the paint which I also think they would get the skin colour looking a little bit more screen accurate compared to SS attempts. I would never get rid of my SSC Emperor and his Throne but I sure would snap up a HT version in a New York second.

I'm sure HT would probably be a step up, but overall I was amazed at how much from sculpt to tailoring the SSC figure looks straight out of the movie, I had a blast taking photos because I could duplicate so many classic moments and have them look so much like the film, something rare with Sideshow and common for an HT figure.

I'll order this guy if there's an exclusive, if not I'll hold off for awhile. I don't see a need to pre-order any of these anymore since they take a year to be released, and the larger mass numbers being made due to renewed interest in Star Wars from the new movies. I preferred when Sideshow gave production numbers to help my decision, but now they follow Hot Toys lead and we have NO idea how many get produced. If pre-orders are high they just make more. I'd rather wait and use a monthly $20 off coupon, it'll at least cover shipping.

1 more hour to see him.

"At last we will reveal ourselfs to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge".

Back