Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plot twist: We end up getting this one

darthmaul_detail.jpg

It better be that one... seriously. SSC Maul is perfect already. They give us this instead of Dooku or Bane or Ahsoka.....

I feel a little better about selling my first one now. Now do I wait for a potential Hot Toys version? Oh, the triumphs and tragedies of toy collecting.

Since HT is not doing Prequel figures for now it's good to see SS taking them on. Would be great to see hem upgrading their PT figs especially if they match HT size.

So, Sideshow is now walking down the path of the retools. A surprising move seeing we have yet to get PT icons such as Dooku, AOTC Anakin, AOTC Padmé...

It's a given Maul is a most popular character but surely hope it's not a simple TPM update and he will come with a few suprises.

Well after the Jawa price Im calling this is to be $275.

If its the TPM version it better have his bike, his probe droids, lightsaber, multiple hands.

If its the clone wars version hopefully diecast legs, lightsaber, multiple hands

Or do a "two pack" where you can swap out the legs for the mechanical legs. With two headsculpts, one short horn, one long horn screaming scan.

Anything less than any of these options will be a disappointment.

Wait... what? What year is this again?!?!? :huh

2015. Where SSC charges $220 for figures with no stands or headsculpts and now are retooling figures. Truth to be told this will be just a re-release with a new sculpt. I bet they even use the same box.

Well, this is a surprise... if Sideshow is going to revisit earlier figures, can we do an upgraded Anakin ROTS please?

Is this the first official redo for Sideshow on Star Wars?

Which they promised they would never do. But I don't care -- the hobby has changed so dramatically I'd be very happy to have some oldies get updated.

I also hope its not that crazy cyborg Maul... so here's hoping its a redo.

This is Snake Eyes 2.0 and Storm Shadow 2.0 all over again. Rehashes instead of doing other core characters like Dooku is a complete and utter failure.

Is this the first official redo for Sideshow on Star Wars?

Which they promised they would never do. But I don't care -- the hobby has changed so dramatically I'd be very happy to have some oldies get updated.

No. All the repainted Clones.

No. All the repainted Clones.

Does not count, those are "different" characters.

I mean a genuine redo. A repeat of the same Star Wars character done previously by Sideshow.

I believe this Maul is the first.... but only if it is NOT the cyborg Maul.... which I'm beginning to fear it may well be.

I mean a genuine redo. A repeat of the same Star Wars character done previously by Sideshow.

I believe this Maul is the first.... but only if it is NOT the cyborg Maul.... which I'm beginning to fear it may well be.

Oh... yeah it is the first.

I hope it is the cyborg Maul, otherwise this figure will be pointless.

Hmm, I must assume that SSC is aware that HT is doing a Jedi Luke sooner rather than later. Otherwise for sure, that character is in more need of a 2.0 than Darth Maul.

Vader 2.0

Here's hoping that it is cyborg Maul. Shortly followed by his brother Savage! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is just a rehash of TPM Maul... sigh!!!! then I may just get a loose head... maybe

Vader 2.0

Yeah but technically the first Vader was specific to A New Hope and the 2nd Vader was sold as ESB/ROTJ.

Just like this won't be a redo Maul if its the cyborg version. But if its TPM Maul then it shall be Sideshow's first official redo... and thus break their 10 year record of "no repeats".

Where's Keyser Bischof to answer this most curious of questions...?

OK so I looked at the pic again. Its pretty clear that its a rehash of of TPM Maul....yawn!

While there appears to be some skin texture and possibly a nicer paint job, he's still expressionless. Unless they throw in a 2nd head with an angry face, this will be an easy pass.

Hmm they could possibly be trying to reference Dathomir, but I think its just a picture. Same TPM robes, same TPM gloves...

Back