Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparison SSV1,MEDICOM and SS new little gem...View attachment 320642

Thanks for the comparison!! :clap

Been wanting to see that forever, but everyone just liked to say the new one is sooo much better!!! Like, duh, but how much better! :slap Now I know! :) I gave up asking for picture comparisons. Other than the head, the original doesn't look all that bad. I almost bought a parted head from TA the other day for $80. Now wish I kinda did as I could live with the rest, but didn't think the head was worth 1/3 of the price of the whole figure, and still not sure if I do. Considering the fact the original only cost like $60!!!

Great pictures Matrix! The new Maul does look amazing, it's the prices that get me with this hobby...if only salaries increased at the rate the prices go up for these figures....I feel conned paying more for less regardless of the likeness.

I bought this guy and he arrived. Box is beautiful too. I expect to be moving soon though do in it he shall stay for now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hate to say this...but SS did a great job on this......not sire about the price....a little skimpy on the extras for that price....

That medico, one looks like he got run over with a steamroller in the side profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hate to say this...but SS did a great job on this......not sire about the price....a little skimpy on the extras for that price....

That medico, one looks like he got run over with a steamroller in the side profile.

I really think all they had to do was include the freakin' cloak and the majority would've been happy to pay the price they asked, or at least not complained so much about it.

I really think all they had to do was include the freakin' cloak and the majority would've been happy to pay the price they asked, or at least not complained so much about it.

I know this was true for me. I bit the bullet with the 50.00 coupon but wish it had the cloak.

This figure is great, but I almost hate that they boxed him with such amazing pictures of the prototype lol. His tattoos and details in his face look like straight up skin. And his eyes are cooler. They definitely changed the eyes. I want the prototype lol. Oh well, judging how far he's come since his last sideshow figure, he'll get there eventually lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been close to buying it on 3 occasions but I just refuse to swallow the obscene price they want for it.
I know it sounds like a silly thing to make a stand on and I'm aware it won't change anything but everyone here knows it's ********.
I have no doubt he will be made again at some stage by another company and will come with more options.

I've been close to buying it on 3 occasions but I just refuse to swallow the obscene price they want for it.
I know it sounds like a silly thing to make a stand on and I'm aware it won't change anything but everyone here knows it's ********.
I have no doubt he will be made again at some stage by another company and will come with more options.

That's possibly true, and it's also possible it will be even better than this one, but this one is truly amazing.
Had this been Hot Toys that put this one out, i would not have been surprised. As it's Sideshow, i have to admit i am doubly surprised, considering their recent track record.
I took mine on flexpay with the $50 coupon, so i don't have it yet, but i do have some spare heads i bought from Toy Anxiety when they have parted it out, and the sculpt is incredible.

Ill be watching for a sale......with most of my figure funds tied up in BW ghostbusters , this is way to high a price for a bare bones figure.

On sale for 180? Bought......

I saw this at my local Forbidden Planet.

It looks as good as the Hot Toys it was with. A fabulous Sideshow figure.

Just wish it wasn't £230!

For those still holding off, I would say to you... just jump on board by the end of summer.

If you don't, you'll most certainly be missing out on one of the best Maul figures we are likely to ever get. The chances of a sale on this guy are slim, especially once the summer is over. By that point, he will start hitting secondary market prices... and he's already a bit on the higher end.

Hot Toys may or may not ever do this character. They seem pretty insistent on not doing any prequel characters. This is one gamble I would not take, as a Star Wars fan and as a Maul fan.

Just get the figure and enjoy it. You can always sell it down the road for a **** ton of money if or when a better version, that is more justifiable to the masses, is unveiled. Your biggest obstacle will be getting one with no serious flaws.

Back