1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One's too blue, the other's too gray.... seems like a wash there. New one has the same problems as the original, except its got longer pants.

But the new one looks like it has a smaller head.

Yeah it looks like the pinched head on the Hasbro 12"

boba-fett-boba-fett-figura-12-hasbro-2662-MLM33521065_529-O.jpg

Im really not understanding Sideshows rationale with this release. Im still content with my medicom til hot toys does our beloved boba right.

Sideshow's rationale is "Let's re-release the same figure with the least amount of cost and effort to us and remove some more accessories and charge the same price." :cuckoo:

Seems like that side by side pic is a combo. Hopefully someone can post an actual side-by-side of both figs together in the same lighting. It's interesting what they chose to fix and what they left. Not sure why it would have a pin head - everything is the same (helmet, body etc.) as the first release isn't it?

The one issue is the green of the chest plates and helmet still doesn't look that different from the 1st release - that was the most major issue to me. Yet they changed the gauntlets when those looked pretty much the right color 1st time around.

The pouches are interesting how much they changed the sew/cut.

Overall I think it looks a little better - hard to judge the blue of the jumpsuit until the two are next to each other.

Got mine in today. My friend has the first release Fett so I will see if he will take some pics side by side in his detolfs to see what the differences are.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Im really not understanding Sideshows rationale with this release. Im still content with my medicom til hot toys does our beloved boba right.

Money....lol. I mean, they are a business, and didn't fans always wish they would 'refresh' certain popular figures? That said, if you are gonna re-release, make sure that version is better than the original. This new one looks way off, color-wise

Got mine in today. My friend has the first release Fett so I will see if he will take some pics side by side in his detolfs to see what the differences are.

Please do. I have the first release and want to see if this one is any different

Money....lol. I mean, they are a business, and didn't fans always wish they would 'refresh' certain popular figures? That said, if you are gonna re-release, make sure that version is better than the original. This new one looks way off, color-wise

lol yeah thats what im talking about. like do it big! do it right! makes us ohh and ahhh. yeah i think the colors look worse and exaggerated on this version. like i said. thank goodness we have other competing companies. more potential for the best version

I have no Boba, so I ordered him. Looked good to me. Maybe weather up the bottom part of the suit (shins) and the yellow knee guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol yeah thats what im talking about. like do it big! do it right! makes us ohh and ahhh. yeah i think the colors look worse and exaggerated on this version. like i said. thank goodness we have other competing companies. more potential for the best version

Exactly.....SSC continues to charge Hot toys money, but can't compete quality wise.

I didn't have a Boba Fett either. He is the only star wars figure I wanted so I'm glad they re released him although I see how that can be annoying to the original Fett owners. As far as accuracy it looks like Boba to me. Check the 1/4 scale ht boba thread, people are complaining abou accuracy there and I'm sure whe the 1/6 ht fett comes out there will be complaints there as well.

So has anyone that's gotten this re-release actually have the original? Haven't seen any actual in hand comparison photo's yet... If the greens are close would be tempted to pick up new backpack with removable rocket.

Any chance those side-by-sides are still coming?

Yeah Im working on it. Me and my friend have been busy with work and stuff.

I hes off tuesday and im off tuesday ao im gonna go over his place and get some pics!

Back