Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had such a fun time with my first ever Spooktacular! I wasn't counting on winning anything at all, but I ended up able to snag a Specimen 687M bust in LiveChat yesterday almost on accident (I was in class and I figured my connection was too slow to manage anything, but lo and behold!) I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to score Nyarlathotep, but there's always next year!

I loved watching everyone else win, too, that was so intense.

Has anyone who won in livechat yesterday received a confirmation email yet? I'm a bit anxious - there was a little mix up with my info that I hope I got sorted out.

I had such a fun time with my first ever Spooktacular! I wasn't counting on winning anything at all, but I ended up able to snag a Specimen 687M bust in LiveChat yesterday almost on accident (I was in class and I figured my connection was too slow to manage anything, but lo and behold!) I'm a bit sad I wasn't able to score Nyarlathotep, but there's always next year!

Has anyone who won in livechat yesterday received a confirmation email yet? I'm a bit anxious - there was a little mix up with my info that I hope I got sorted out.

I wouldn't be worried yet. Maybe if you are still anxious by Wednesday or Thursday just shoot Chicky or Alex and pm on the boards and ask politely. Sometimes it can take a month or two to get your win though so don't panic if December hits and you still haven't receive your Specimen.

It really is exciting to watch the madness in chat!

I won earlier in the week and still havent heard anything so don't sweat it. Sideshow always comes through.

MadCow & Superdoug - Awesome! Thanks so much, I'll try to relax, I think I'm just way overly excited (I never win anything, it's an entirely new experience for me :panic: ) but I have no doubt that everything will come through :)

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten an email about my chat win... I wonder if that's cause I am a current client and they can charge my card on file....? Wonder if I will be getting an email or not...

In the past when I've had chat wins, I usually just saw the charge on my card when it shipped, never got a tracking number or an email that it was sent.

Well, it's November and time to change the avatar!

Boba Fett serving turkey avatar is back again for 2011!

Just FYI regarding contests (chat and otherwise)...

Though there are going to be some exceptions, almost all winners will receive an email from me later this week/sometime next week regarding their prizes, so be on the lookout in your inboxes.

Thanks!

-SideshowAlex

Just FYI regarding contests (chat and otherwise)...

Though there are going to be some exceptions, almost all winners will receive an email from me later this week/sometime next week regarding their prizes, so be on the lookout in your inboxes.

Thanks!

-SideshowAlex

Alex received my sideshow t-shirt last week made my spooktacular :hi5:Huge thank you

Well, just about all the contest are done, but maybe I'll be a scavenger hunt runner up or mortifying contest winner. My last two chances to win...

So yeah, that was a fairly fun Spooktacular. Every year feels a bit different, for better or for worse. But I certainly cannot complain, because I have managed to win something every year.

This year, I won the Holiday Yoda, and I'm really excited about it because in the past, I've always just sold my wins to make more funds for future Sideshow purchases. But this one is different. I will keep him forever.

It was fun to get the boot and try to wiggle back in before the final close. Damn you Lonnie, Chris favors you too much to skip over your name and save to until the end!

Overall, a very fun Spook for me this year! :D

My only concern is: Some said the mistress may have been a fake on Friday night when I won. Hope not. :(

I hope they announce the other contests today, I hate waiting. I'm surprised the scavenger hunt has been up all day on the entrance sheet, hopefully they keep the cut off in mind.

So yeah, that was a fairly fun Spooktacular. Every year feels a bit different, for better or for worse. But I certainly cannot complain, because I have managed to win something every year.

This year, I won the Holiday Yoda, and I'm really excited about it because in the past, I've always just sold my wins to make more funds for future Sideshow purchases. But this one is different. I will keep him forever.

It was fun to get the boot and try to wiggle back in before the final close. Damn you Lonnie, Chris favors you too much to skip over your name and save to until the end!

Overall, a very fun Spook for me this year! :D

My only concern is: Some said the mistress may have been a fake on Friday night when I won. Hope not. :(

I'm pretty sure Mistress confirmed yesterday morning that it was definitely her on Friday so I wouldn't worry too much!

Chris just killed chat. :(
Holy cow, that lasted a LONG TIME! I woke up this morning at 5:20am (and no, I didn't want to, but suddenly my body was used to getting only 4 hours sleep) and was still logged into chat. Everybody was idle, but there were still about 20 people there. I posted a few final messages for people to wake up to. :)

As for chat wins, I have always received a final email with all prize wins after Spook ends, usually a week or so later. I wouldn't be concerned about not receiving an email anytime soon. They have a LOT of contests to process, and it will take Alex, Chicky, and anyone else helping considerable time to get to everyone (and we all appreciate that!) So I'll just kick back and relax. When it comes, it comes.

I was blessed to win two prizes this year (but no contest wins or freebies whatsoever). Still a successful Spook, as far as I'm concerned. I spent a LOT of time in chat, and in this thread, but it was nothing but FUN (well, and perhaps a little stress). But I have many memories which I shall not forget, such as:

1) Jen winning her Templar
2) Swabie's Dennis Hopper story
3) the Midnight Sunday debacle when Mistress Fortunes said Spook was over, when it still had one day left!
4) The WOLFY incident
5) RANCOR2026
6) Vander's awesome stickers (which are now a Spook tradition!)
7) Robodad's awesome banners (also a Spook tradition)
8) BuffyGirl showing off her Buffy expertise, winning the only Buffy trivia question asked

There's a LOT more, but my mind is a blur at the moment. Oh, and I FINALLY won a Star Wars prize, after many years of Spook! So this year shall always be EPIC for me! :r2d2line

Last edited:
images

^^^ for all of those who had a successful Spook

And I don't wanna change my sig yet. I'm not ready :monkey2

Back