Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap I won a Thor plush and got $150 off the Clash of Kings which I could not pass up. Otherwise, Spooktacular was fun and the entertaining conversations in chat during daytime and nighttime hours. I just wish that there were more contests in the chat rooms rather than FB and twitter (especially letting the world know to come to the chat rooms for the prizes). See you next year!!! :wave

Both entry types are acceptable. :)

-SideshowAlex

It would be funny if someone entered and had no idea what the answer was to the question so they just put "?" down meaning I don't know... and end up winning. :)

Funny thing... I see a guy named Derdiver won a Twitter contest... I double checked and sure enough, it's a guy named Derek Zeller... the guy ripped me off back in the day.... I bought $560 worth of figures from him, rare, expensive figures, and he basically just tossed them all in a box with no packing and 4 of them were crushed and cracked etc. I contacted him about it telling him I was no happy and wanted my $ back and would return them or wanted some $ back cause of the way they got mangled due to his packaging. He contacted me once not really saying much, and then stopped replying... So I went to the post office to try to file the insurance which they told me I'd have to have the shipping receipt from him to claim... so I tried contacting him again for it... FINALLY, I get a response... it was from him, claiming to be his brother telling me that Derek had died in a car crash and that's why there had been no response, and that he would look through Derek's stuff for the receipt... needless to say I didn't believe a word of it. Googled the area he lived in and checked police reports/obituaries and yeah, Derek didn't die and was just a scamming POS that was trying to fake his own death to get out of making a deal right. I even found out where he worked and gave him a call... odd that Derek can leave a voicemail on his workphone...a week AFTER the day he died!! :pfft: I called him out on it and he never let up that Derek did die and he was his brother contacting me... :rolleyes: needless to say I never got anything resolved.

So, if you didn't read the above, here is the bullet point:

Do Not Deal with DERDIVER!! He is a scammer.

Enjoy your Twitter win Derek, it will do you no good in Hell. :lol

Wow, where did everyone get the $75 Undying Carcass deal from? Was that a promo code discount? I would have loved to pick it up at that price.

Didn't win anything this year, but I was limited to what I could participate in, so the odds were stacked against me. I entered a few contests, but that was about it. It was great to see a new Indy tease, and I still do like the kit I bought. The Mort plush is awesome. I hope Sideshow makes another one next year, only I want it bigger!

Wow, just wow!! Thank you so much for letting us know about that, punkg. This makes Rosario look like a saint, which isn't saying much. :monkey2

I can't believe they would outright lie like that. Were you able to at least get the police involved like a fraud kind of case?

Funny thing... I see a guy named Derdiver won a Twitter contest... I double checked and sure enough, it's a guy named Derek Zeller... the guy ripped me off back in the day.... I bought $560 worth of figures from him, rare, expensive figures, and he basically just tossed them all in a box with no packing and 4 of them were crushed and cracked etc. I contacted him about it telling him I was no happy and wanted my $ back and would return them or wanted some $ back cause of the way they got mangled due to his packaging. He contacted me once not really saying much, and then stopped replying... So I went to the post office to try to file the insurance which they told me I'd have to have the shipping receipt from him to claim... so I tried contacting him again for it... FINALLY, I get a response... it was from him, claiming to be his brother telling me that Derek had died in a car crash and that's why there had been no response, and that he would look through Derek's stuff for the receipt... needless to say I didn't believe a word of it. Googled the area he lived in and checked police reports/obituaries and yeah, Derek didn't die and was just a scamming POS that was trying to fake his own death to get out of making a deal right. I even found out where he worked and gave him a call... odd that Derek can leave a voicemail on his workphone...a week AFTER the day he died!! :pfft: I called him out on it and he never let up that Derek did die and he was his brother contacting me... :rolleyes: needless to say I never got anything resolved.

So, if you didn't read the above, here is the bullet point:

Do Not Deal with DERDIVER!! He is a scammer.

Enjoy your Twitter win Derek, it will do you no good in Hell. :lol

Wow, just wow!! Thank you so much for letting us know about that, punkg. This makes Rosario look like a saint, which isn't saying much. :monkey2

I can't believe they would outright lie like that. Were you able to at least get the police involved like a fraud kind of case?

No, I called the department down there and let them know a little about what was going on but nothing really came of it.
It was just funny to me that he would say that he was dead and go to all that trouble rather than just telling me to Eff off or whatever. ha. I think the things he sold me might have been damaged before he shipped them even but not sure. His packaging was horrible.

I checked his boardname here, and he is registered here as Derdiver... but hasn't been on since 2006 it looks like. As soon as I saw him as a winner on Twitter I recognized the name immediately and though SOAB!

Well, Spook is over and here I am back again behind this desk. Bummer. The depression is setting in...

But I will say a BIG THANK YOU to Sideshow for letting me WIN something for once this year. The Kali Chalice will make a nice table setter when Thanksgiving comes this year.

My family will be surprised with the new gravy pourer...

Wow, where did everyone get the $75 Undying Carcass deal from? Was that a promo code discount? I would have loved to pick it up at that price.

It was a straight forward product discount except it wasn't advertised in the On Sale section. You merely had to stumble across the product page during the half an hour it was discounted for in order to get one.

It was a good year... Scored a sticker, Rambo PF, Venomsaurus, Bullet Hannibal and a Clone Lieutenant. Came oh so close to a Gollum multiple times. Someday, my precious, oh yes....

Well guys, I spoke too soon about being stuck in the loser's lounge for this Spooktacular. I got an early morning email from Sideshow letting me know I had won a Dolly Colorway! So I'm pretty pumped...went to sleep a loser, woke up a winner. Thanks Sideshow!

Now, here's the weird part...I had recently gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from elementary school/junior high/high school, a guy named Wellington who lives in Ladera Ranch, CA. When I confirmed my shipping I looked at the winners list for this contest, and one of the winners is a Wellington from Ladera Ranch, CA!!

Last edited:
It was a good year... Scored a sticker, Rambo PF, Venomsaurus, Bullet Hannibal and a Clone Lieutenant. Came oh so close to a Gollum multiple times. Someday, my precious, oh yes....

"good" year? That's a Goodyear blimp putting everybody on blast year.

Well guys, I spoke too soon about being stuck in the loser's lounge for this Spooktacular. I got an early morning email from Sideshow letting me know I had won a Dolly Colorway! So I'm pretty pumped...went to sleep a loser, woke up a winner. Thanks Sideshow!

Now, here's the weird part...I had recently gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from elementary school/junior high/high school, a guy named Wellington who lives in Ladera Ranch, CA. When I confirmed my shipping I looked at the winners list for this contest, and one of the winners is a Wellington from Ladera Ranch, CA!!

Dolly Colorway...
Oh the pills have such eyes that abound and confuse it...

Congrats!

have all the contest winner been announced, im expecting a mail about me winning the cyclops pf or dd vd pusnisher, my horoscope says so i should win somethin

I won something thru FB (the first contest), but still don't know what it is. :( Oh well, I will not be Rosario. I will be happy with whatever Mistress picks out for me. :)
I had a sick puppy and missed out on the last three days of Spook. But congrats to all who won! And happy that pup (ok, he's 5) is doing better.

I won something thru FB (the first contest), but still don't know what it is. :( Oh well, I will not be Rosario. I will be happy with whatever Mistress picks out for me. :)
I had a sick puppy and missed out on the last three days of Spook. But congrats to all who won! And happy that pup (ok, he's 5) is doing better.

Glad to hear the pup is ok. I'm anxious to see what she sends you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back