Sideshow Classics Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this. Now let me be clear. I would love to have a shot at an Andy B Hulk for say $650, hell maybe even the classic Cap with a new headsculpt or Thor with a new one as well. The problem is if you go down that rabbit hole how far do you go, and is ANYTHING off limits. Fully sculpted Doom on a throne??? Now do I care so much right now??? Not so much as I would love to have shot at many of those. However, in the end you end up eroding a lot of the fan base by A) Using a lot of their resources to revisit old sculpt, B) Devaluing many of the grails of old by simply recasting their own stuff in a way. Would some pieces be okay? Yeah maybe, but I think there would have to be some changes to each. What those changes would be I don't know, but simply doing what has been done before would seem to be a waste of an opportunity to do something cool. The new classic Sabertooth is pretty damn decent to me with the changes they have made.

I for one would love it. Dish out the rehashing, what I ask, if they do that stuff, it better be much less than these absurd prices. Honestly, I think SS pricing is more likely to drive me out before some tantrum of an old item being redone.

I'd think anywhere from 5+ years would be good. Realistically they are a huge company, and they pool hundreds of new customers every year. So someone would buy a new Throne Doom, even if those couple hundreds are against that move.

I for one would love it. Dish out the rehashing, what I ask, if they do that stuff, it better be much less than these absurd prices. Honestly, I think SS pricing is more likely to drive me out before some tantrum of an old item being redone.

I'd think anywhere from 5+ years would be good. Realistically they are a huge company, and they pool hundreds of new customers every year. So someone would buy a new Throne Doom, even if those couple hundreds are against that move.

I'm against this 100%. Do you own the grails? I don't own most of them and I would still say no even if it meant I had an opportunity to get a new recasted version. Basically any statue you own now that has value...even if its just retail would be worthless knowing it could just be re released in a few years. If sideshow starts doing this, I will prob stop buying from them and probably sell a large majority of my sideshow pieces. Of course I would keep some that I can not part with, but in essence, it wouldn't matter because they could just release it again some day. Sabertooth is hopefully just an anomaly because of the new Wolverine but if you own the original, this is probably going to affect it's value for sure...depends on the ES of this new version. Just make new interesting sculpts so that people can get a nice variety as well.

They are doing it with Red Skull and Sabretooth

Honestly think they might re do Gambit Rogue Cyclops since the newer xmen pfs probably wont fit with the older ones - look at new Wolverine

Much more elaborate base

No reason Sideshow would revisit all these old sculpts.

/thread
3-money.gif

They are doing it

This.

The Sabertooth looks great but is a pass for me.

I just can't support this with my money.

I'm sure it will be a big hit.

They are doing it with Red Skull and Sabretooth

Honestly think they might re do Gambit Rogue Cyclops since the newer xmen pfs probably wont fit with the older ones - look at new Wolverine

Much more elaborate base

Is the RedSkull confirmed??

Woo hoo. Glad I sold almost all my old Pf then.

If they revisit any of the grails with abit of variance, its gonna sell out mega fast! Considering same quality and yadda yadda yadda.

SS arent catering for the "been there from the start" collectors. They going for the new. And there are alot more new than old. And the new want a piece of the old.

But then in saying that i dont think SS will go that crazy with releases/Variants anyways. I cant see the all time greats making a comeback

They're not gonna recast the old. Everyone would know SSC is out of ideas and desperate for more $$$ otherwise. Their goal is aim for challenging themselves and venture out. They're fairly consistent so far; no need to look back. They're already capitalizing on variants at the moment.

Yeah I agree however as a veteran collector im hitting the PO far less these days.

Nothing will ever top the original Spiderman Venom Carnage comiquettes in terms of quality pricing and limited availability

'Collectibles' is synonymous with 'Toy'
In this context

If ssc were even to do it with the old classics I'm pretty sure many of the old collectors myself included would pretty much liquidate and say "so long" ssc.....

If ssc were even to do it with the old classics I'm pretty sure many of the old collectors myself included would pretty much liquidate and say "so long" ssc.....

But that's the thing. With so much new collectors coming in now. Do you think they really care if the few oldies stay or not when they can get thousands more new collectors willing to buy the reissues. To be honest they don't need some collectors and can care less. Well at least the last few PF has been ok in the QC department.................

Best is competition from other companies that may take away shares and lower prices and ES. XM was the biggest treat until they got shut out of shipping to the usa. :(

Don't panic guys. At the rate sideshow is going it would take years and years for sideshow to recast their old pieces. Unless they just decide they won't be doing any new ones anymore. As it is we probably won't see sabertooth for at least another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back