Sideshow Classics Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well we are bound to see some re-releases of previously released Sideshow pieces re-made or altered with the first being Sabretooth.

At first I was against the idea and voiced my opinion negatively about it however then I realized the benefit of such a line.

Rogue (classic) 80s Premium Format would be a perfect example of how SS could redeem previously released stinkers with a spin to them (new head sculpts variant costumes).

Id actually be all for this since Rogue and Psylocke came out less than desirable- it sucks for the discontinued grail pieces such as Captain America Thor Hulk etc but classics line would be great for the xmen line ie Cyclops Rogue Psylocke maybe Colossus

Last edited:
The head sculpts for all the exs on the xmen line should be redone. It would be nice if they sold new switchout portraits at least

Esp for cyclops vision rogue psylocke ( i like this one but the original ex wouldve been better)

Ban him!! .... only classic you'll have permission to get is the classic bronze.

it's bound to happen with Sideshows track record. It wouldn't affect me either way. Ask yourselves this, would Sideshow gain more revenue compared to customers lost if they released a fully sculpted Doom on throne? If the answer is yes, look out! Pandoras box has already been opened.

This is one of the main reasons I got out of collecting other toys that got re released all the time. While I can see how people who missed out can potentially get what they want, it essentially kills the value of any "collectible." As much as we all say we don't care about ES or what our pieces are worth, I'm guessing a whole bunch of people would be upset if the OG doom or hulks got re released, essentially killing their "grail" status value. These variants are a slippery slope to that result and I'm not a fan of it whatsoever. The current variants aren't too bad since they are released relatively close in time to each other. Re releasing variants of the original Xmen pieces I would not be a fan of. I would prefer they just come up with brand new sculpts. They have yet to really release any type of variant that was more than 6 months after the original piece so the effect hasn't been that significant.

If SS started "re-visiting" past figures it'd be a step back for them. Not sure why they did this for Sabertooth other than the fact the new Brown Wolverine is out. I don't think they could afford to re-issue Doom or Hulk with the same lvl of quality, and if they did the $ would be much higher than what PFs are at now.

People want to see something new.

This company is simply and obviously running out of ideas what to do with their statues. :slapThats why they are re releasing them with variants, couple of tweaks here and there and different paint jobs but same statue. Oh well

Oh man I so hope I can grab the PF Hulk that I sold for 2K for $600. Sweet, I like this deal.:slap If Sideshow pulls this I am DONE buying products from them.

WOW

I should just shut my ho face up.

The Sabretooth looks amazing
hRLLD2U.jpg

Release more classics please!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome

I would want a re-release of Psylocke for obvious reasons. Maybe even to coincide with her appearance in the next X-men movie - the black X-Force suit. No mixed media.

Just a guess but the $160 mark up might persuade someone to give a damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back