Sideshow Classics Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for those who sold their hulk, Dopm Pf on the highest price on market won't complain if SS reissue them again hahaha

:lol A throne Doom PF 2.0 would make these boards explode.

People would start DDOS'ing their website lol.

mikeyvibrates.gif

This is one of the main reasons I got out of collecting other toys that got re released all the time. While I can see how people who missed out can potentially get what they want, it essentially kills the value of any "collectible." As much as we all say we don't care about ES or what our pieces are worth, I'm guessing a whole bunch of people would be upset if the OG doom or hulks got re released, essentially killing their "grail" status value. These variants are a slippery slope to that result and I'm not a fan of it whatsoever. The current variants aren't too bad since they are released relatively close in time to each other. Re releasing variants of the original Xmen pieces I would not be a fan of. I would prefer they just come up with brand new sculpts. They have yet to really release any type of variant that was more than 6 months after the original piece so the effect hasn't been that significant.

Exactly. I used to collect transformers and other toys and we all know how reissuing the g1 Optimus like 15 times killed the collectibity same as all the other toys which started out fun to collect. Yes all line from McFarlane toys, transformers, power rangers, gi joes, etc. all the originals are worth just about less than the reissues now. People say they won't hurt the originals. Yes it won't hurt but totally destroy the value and collectibility of the originals. I don't have any of ss early stuff and I'm so relieved that I sold off sabertooth a while ago for retail. But I feel for collectors who own the first early PF. It's not a great feeling for sure.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of these re-releases. Move on to something new. Don't re-hash the old.

I personally think it's a bit unfair to expect nothing to be re-released... ever. At what point is it OK? Should someone that was 12 years old at the time never be allowed to own a Doom PF, for example?. What about people that only started collecting recently? Shouldn't they get the opportunity to obtain beautiful artwork, and not pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for it? And TBH, spare me the lecture about devaluing the original piece. If you are buying statues as investments, I would hate to see what your 401K looks like :)

I'm not talking about re-hashes within a year or two, BTW. Just to be clear.

I
I personally think it's a bit unfair to expect nothing to be re-released... ever. At what point is it OK? Should someone that was 12 years old at the time never be allowed to own a Doom PF, for example?. What about people that only started collecting recently? Shouldn't they get the opportunity to obtain beautiful artwork, and not pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for it? And TBH, spare me the lecture about devaluing the original piece. If you are buying statues as investments, I would hate to see what your 401K looks like :)

I'm not talking about re-hashes within a year or two, BTW. Just to be clear.

It's a collectible and did t ss number them? So it should be left alone if they want another Thor, doom, etc just a make a new one. Why be lazy and remake the same mold over and over. I would say if new collectors missed the old doom then if they want it go pay the asking prices. It's a collectible right? But at a business point of view I can see why they are doing it at the expense of the people who owns the first releases. We all know why already.

Maybe I explained it wrong. I didn't mean for them to literally make the exact same statue again.... but if they re-envision a character, I'm fine with that. My comment has nothing to do with ES numbers.

I

It's a collectible and did t ss number them? So it should be left alone if they want another Thor, doom, etc just a make a new one. Why be lazy and remake the same mold over and over. I would say if new collectors missed the old doom then if they want it go pay the asking prices. It's a collectible right? But at a business point of view I can see why they are doing it at the expense of the people who owns the first releases. We all know why already.

Grrrr......tuff, wait till you're older and/or rich enough to buy the original. In the meanwhile, start with those kiddies toys.

Buy the new Dr. Doom PF. Things change, adapt to the new. They'll re-envision if they do anyway. We can make suggestion but no real control over it. Unless we want to form a new company like Lamborgini to Ferarri.

I guess what I was getting at was that it would be nice to see certain pieces that came flawed to begin with, improved upon and these variations were new

The Matt black Cap America blows the old cap away in areas of paint and costuming. But the pose of the original is better imo

Buy the new Dr. Doom PF. Things change, adapt to the new. They'll re-envision if they do anyway. We can make suggestion but no real control over it. Unless we want to form a new company like Lamborgini to Ferarri.

Great analogy. I'll take a Ferrari over a Lambo any day, :lol

I'd love to see the Daredevil Comiquette remade exactly but in 1:4. The one on the grave. That things a masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back