Sideshow Cable Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold off my XM cable, thinking this was gonna great. Now after seeing the final product, just gonna sit and wait on it.

Hopefully that blue crap is the EX and the regular is cheaper lol.

Wouldn’t it be easier just to look at the Sideshow blog post for yourself to see what the Ex and regular is?

But you’re not alone in disliking the portal effect. I don’t mind it myself, but it’s more or less part of the regular and the Ex in particular.

Wouldn’t it be easier just to look at the Sideshow blog post for yourself to see what the Ex and regular is?

But you’re not alone in disliking the portal effect. I don’t mind it myself, but it’s more or less part of the regular and the Ex in particular.

Hah, didnt' even realize the prices were up! I just thought it was a preview image. Ok, just looked at the images. Yup, can't remove the blue portals...suck ass. The reg is $705 and EX is $725. no thanks...easy pass.

Hah, didnt' even realize the prices were up! I just thought it was a preview image. Ok, just looked at the images. Yup, can't remove the blue portals...suck ass. The reg is $705 and EX is $725. no thanks...easy pass.

You can supposedly only remove the smaller effect. But you can’t for the one connected to the weapon. I’m guessing it’s going to be separated in the box, but it probably keys into the weapon and if you don’t key it in, it probably leaves a big peg hole somewhere etc.

But

You can supposedly only remove the smaller effect. But you can’t for the one connected to the weapon. I’m guessing it’s going to be separated in the box, but it probably keys into the weapon and if you don’t key it in, it probably leaves a big peg hole somewhere etc.

I guess if the statue is facing foward, it might not look terrible. But honestly, its such an eye sore and done so poorly. I really hate when "fx" are done on statues cuz they just never look right. If it were an optional add on, it wouldn't be so bad but when it's so integrated into the piece, its a shame. If the blue portals didn't exist and it was like $675, I think I would do it.

The portal effects make the statue look like a toy. They are so poorly done and too cartoony looking. Also, why are there 3 individual portal effects? It should be one big portal effect. No?

I'm happy with the XM version.

The portals don't bug me as much.

I think this looks great!

300044_press1.jpg

300044_press3.jpg

300044_press10.jpg

300044_press14.jpg

sans the portals, I dig it as well.

I like it. The portals don't bother me that much especially since he will mostly be posed forward. Will be cool to see with lighting as the light goes through the portals.

I've read your comments on the XM one. I think they both have qualities to like. This one I prefer to it's comic book look and the other one I appreciate with it's more realistic tones but my theme is comic based so at the end of the day I would pick this one over XM.

That is a very nice Cable, love the big guns, Liefeld inspired look and the portal. If I collected statues of this size I'd be all over it.

And I'm really glad the eyes match in size. That's one of the things that bugged me about the XM Cable.

Back