Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't surprise me. Although it's basically going to mild tweak of:

View attachment 391904

If they went with the 'art print version' I feel this could have been much better. The pose for is more appealing (IMO) and bad ass, the machine pistol holding hand at her side also looks more natural.

You can see what they were trying to do with the breast plate as it looks find in the concept / art, but should have been tweaked when creating the actual piece.
- I mean they've changed the arm position, and added a different sculpt (maybe even switch out arm) so why not tweak the paint used on the breast plate so that it's not so awkward on the eye.

Personally, I don't think they'll do a switch out had like they did with the previous Black widow, I think it'll be as-is with the alternate head sculpt.

I wished the reg head was more comic style instead of scarjo. But I can't complain with the great ex head this comes with. Hope es for ex is more constrained since now with so much saturation out there just about everything goes below retail. Thano's was a great example about Bringing back the fun with a set ES and constrained ES. I say 300-350 is good for the ex. none of the widows really sold well anyways from the past.

I bought both the IM BW 2 and picked up the Avengers Custom hair, the Comic PF and I tried (and failed :gah:) to get the stunning White Widow costume too.
- I would have bought this if the chest plate didn't ruin completely the aesthetic.

I didn't bother with the EX because the knife hand was 'meh' and didn't make or break the piece.
- Having the silence pistol was actually my preferred preference, so would have displayed with the gun regardless of version.

I absolutely loved the white version though and still hope to pick it up one day.

Damn ...still not full reveal of this piece. What's up with that?!

Blog is up.

Only 750 ex, I'd probably buy it if it wasn't for that dumb boob armor. MIGHT be worth a pre-order to get in on it in case they hear enough complaints and change it.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/take-aim-at-ultron-with-the-black-widow-premium-format-figure/

blog.

Went from wanting to REALLY wanting.

300484_press03.jpg

Isn't it on Live today?

Yea, she is. But the blog should've been put up yesterday. And that comes with full reveal pics. Honestly, I prefer looking at the full reveal pics than on SideShow Live.

Nah ...the honor is yours. Thanks for posting the pics.

This is an awesome angle!

300484_press32.jpg

The pose really reminds me of Boba Fett Mythos.

This looks really great, I went from being mildly interested to being really interested, especially seeing how great she looks paired up with Cap (and Wolverine).

I would still want the breastplate to be less shiny, tho. Giving it a more satin finish would be nice.

Two changes (IMO) would make this a great statue and an instant buy for me.

1) The breastplate color shine is terrible. This needs to be a black matte paint.
2) The EX head is great except for the straight forehead line between the hair and the forehead.

Unfortunately, since SSC rarely makes changes, I will not be ordering this. It is a shame too because I need a 1/4 Black Widow in my collection.

$575 no thanks. I can get the super limited white version (200 edition size) for $400. This will be no different in due time.

Two changes (IMO) would make this a great statue and an instant buy for me.

1) The breastplate color shine is terrible. This needs to be a black matte paint.
2) The EX head is great except for the straight forehead line between the hair and the forehead.

Unfortunately, since SSC rarely makes changes, I will not be ordering this. It is a shame too because I need a 1/4 Black Widow in my collection.
Although I love the glossy breast plate, that hair line on the EX head dues seem rather straight. I have to check it out from a bigger screen.

Still, I don't want the breast plate changed at all. Also, since the smoke is removable, this piece is pretty much perfect as it is. I'm impressed. :)

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I have to own this.

I love the details. Plain and simple. The smoke was an unexpected touch and really adds a lot this one, IMO.

This one's really growing on me, the sculpt is actually pretty good. the base is cool and the head sculpts look better in those pics. It's not perfect but if the paint job is good enough I might pick this up

The base works well with Cap A. SS should do more of these in their lines.

I would still want the breastplate to be less shiny, tho. Giving it a more satin finish would be nice.

Me too. It's so frustrating because this is an instant buy for me, IF the breast plate had been made less shiny.

If the piece were $300 then I'd be willing to send her off to be re-painted / corrected.
At the price quoted - No.

:gah:

Back