Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly (I know alot of Jabba lovers are going to toss cheese at me) the annoucement of any one of either: 1:6 Old Ben, Sidious in any incarnation, Chewbacca, or the droids will greatly over shadow Jabba for me.

I would even be more excited about a Dooku. :eek:

No cheese tossing here. I think if they annouce Chewie or the doids Id be going crazy. Jabba was awesome but that was more of a "here's something we always wanted Hasbro to do". The Chewie and droids would be more "the main cast is now complete".

I'd be happy with those announcements. 2 me those would give the line a nice jolt for those feeling down and those like me just a nice jolt of pure joy as everyone does. I think we're about to go through a nice period for SW with C4 and SDCC.

Re: Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

I think Jabba and his throne had such a "wow" factor was because it really came out of left field. And it was made all the better because SS did such an excellent job with it.

I have no doubt that whatever SSC announces at C4 and SDCC will be big news.

Screw the 12", give me some PF's :monkey5

Chewie in PF would certainly put a 'WOW' factor about as big as Jabba's last year. I fully expect a new 12" at CIV now after last week's news letter. I would hope it would be ANH related, if so, Old Ben would be at the top of my list (besides Chewie who I think is still a ways off)

Re: Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

Its time 4...

Vader
Chewie
R2-D2
C3PO

Old Ben would be great, but when I miss him I just look up at my PF and I'm happy. While I do also have the PF Vader, I just think it really is the most important figure in the whole line. Come on how many Vaders has Hasbro released, and re-released.

Come on Sideshow, I know Hurricane's stuff is great, but some of us just can't explain $500-700 to the wife for a 12" figure :rotfl

Sideshow, please make my wife happy! :lol :lol :lol

Aren't we suppose to get PF C3P0 and R2 Duo Statue next ?:r2d2line
and Pilot Luke after that. I remember from an article from last year...:monkey3

lakeshouse said:
Aren't we suppose to get PF C3P0 and R2 Duo Statue next ?:r2d2line
and Pilot Luke after that. I remember from an article from last year...:monkey3

So far they've been pretty good at keeping to the original line-up they talked about when the line was announced. But I think a 3rd Luke PF would be an incredibly bad idea at this point. If they do a character in X-Wing gear, I hope they do Wedge. He really needs to get some love. He's the only one who helped blow up both Death Stars for crying out loud.

But the droids would certainly be a welcome addition.

To all those hoping for 1/6 Chewie and droids, sorry, but Sideshow said at Toy Fair that they ain't even on the radar. The Dejarik set is for the existing 12-inchers, just as a novelty item rather than being integral to any particular environment.

As for "new product previews", does that necessarily mean stuff we haven't heard about already?

I bet they will finally show snowbunny padme off and thats it. :D

I really hope we get the droids PF announced. I will do this --> :chew if that happens.

Outlander said:
To all those hoping for 1/6 Chewie and droids, sorry, but Sideshow said at Toy Fair that they ain't even on the radar. The Dejarik set is for the existing 12-inchers, just as a novelty item rather than being integral to any particular environment.

As for "new product previews", does that necessarily mean stuff we haven't heard about already?

And this is why they will have a ton of cancellations. Secondary items are cool, but you need the primary items first. I see absolutely no point to the chess set without Chewie and the droids.

And sorry Geto, we won't see any armored characters for a while either :monkey2

As far as another Luke PF yeah I could wait on that or another Luke 1:6th for that matter.

Yes, they did say the droids and stuff wheren't on the radar at TF. However, SDCC is in July that'd be 5 months since then so it "could" happen. Whatever they do bring out it should be a lot of fun and help get the juices flowing big time.

I like the Holo Chess Table. It's cool and just a small item in a much larger collection of items. So it coming out before other things that aren't ready to be put out yet is no biggie.

Darth Loki said:
And this is why they will have a ton of cancellations. Secondary items are cool, but you need the primary items first. I see absolutely no point to the chess set without Chewie and the droids.
Fair enough, but by the same token, if they were gonna do a Falcon environment you'd want them to do it BIG - not just the chess table but the booth, navicomputer, remote training etc ... maybe even the ****pit!

Darth Loki said:

And sorry Geto, we won't see any armored characters for a while either :monkey2

Even with the primary items i I think the chess set was a dumb idea (purely my opinion folks ;)). When I get Cheiw and the droids I want to post them in something "iconic" (ie the classic 3PO with his hand on R2's dome or Chewie and his bowcaster) not playing a game of chess.

pixletwin said:
Even with the primary items i I think the chess set was a dumb idea (purely my opinion folks ;)). When I get Cheiw and the droids I want to post them in something "iconic" (ie the classic 3PO with his hand on R2's dome or Chewie and his bowcaster) not playing a game of chess.

Ah--- but what will they do on their down time? When they're not posing they'll need to unwind with some galactic chess. Obviously you haven't thought this through.

DarthNeil said:
Ah--- but what will they do on their down time? When they're not posing they'll need to unwind with some galactic chess. Obviously you haven't thought this through.

I just assumed Chewie would nibble on a zombie and the droids could enjoy a good oil rubdown from Connor McLeod.

Back