Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

galactiboy said:
Fingers crossed for Old Ben :chew :chew

Thank you, thank you very much... for my next trick...

Re: Sideshow better unveil something top secret and cool like chewie in 1/4 or something

That's a quailty looking Ben Kenobi. It's a whole lot better than I thought it would be. COuld it be the best human yet?!?!?!?

Homer Simpson said:
That's a quailty looking Ben Kenobi. It's a whole lot better than I thought it would be. COuld it be the best human yet?!?!?!?

Were is that Masked figure you were talking about? :tap ;)

Perhaps he meant the scout trooper?

Homer Simpson said:

Keep in mind they alway mysteriously look better when they preview them. Expect an awesome yet slightly downgraded paint job once delivered. Other than that I can't wait to get mine! :D

Memnoch21 said:
Perhaps he meant the scout trooper?

No because the context was that Sideshow hasn't done a masked figure before - which is true for the 1:6 line... The 1:4 line we have seen Vader and Boba Fett.

He definitely implied 1:6.

BadMoon said:
Keep in mind they alway mysteriously look better when they preview them. Expect an awesome yet slightly downgraded paint job once delivered. Other than that I can't wait to get mine! :D

At this point, paint jobs don't bother me a huge amount because I know we got the talent here to do the sculpts justice! :rock

BadMoon said:

I'd have to disagree, based on the quality of Boromir's face and beard, I think we can look forward to a stellar figure here. It's white hair white beard, there's really not much room for shade variations before it's way off and unacceptable, not like shades of brown and blonde with ROTS Obi-Wan, I think this one will join the ranks of Darth Maul for top SSC SW figures. I can't wait to get him :)

MaulFan said:
I'd have to disagree, based on the quality of Boromir's face and beard, I think we can look forward to a stellar figure here. It's white hair white beard, there's really not much room for shade variations before it's way off and unacceptable, not like shades of brown and blonde with ROTS Obi-Wan, I think this one will join the ranks of Darth Maul for top SSC SW figures. I can't wait to get him :)

Honestly I hope you are right. :monkey5

mfoga said:
I know what 2 of them are.
Sorry guys I knew thew were telling you soon and I was having a lil fun. I did the post from my phone.

Anyone else thinking more merchandise might be revealed in the coming days of CIV, there's an awful big ammount of space left on the product preview page in the grey products secion like more product sections could be added. I know SDCC is a big deal, but I would think (and not to play down the amazingness of the speeder bike) there would be a bigger unveiling here at a show dedicated to the property versus a show where fans of all properties attend.

My guess is we've seen all we're gonna see.

Could be Medi stuff that they arent displaying since they dont have it yet.

MaulFan said:
Anyone else thinking more merchandise might be revealed in the coming days of CIV, there's an awful big ammount of space left on the product preview page in the grey products secion like more product sections could be added. I know SDCC is a big deal, but I would think (and not to play down the amazingness of the speeder bike) there would be a bigger unveiling here at a show dedicated to the property versus a show where fans of all properties attend.
I think we could get another diorama, another 12" (maybe Vader to go with Ben), a VCD and RAH.

I dont think it will be a SS peice and not a bigger one they are out of space. Based on what Dusty said I think thats it I have no idea about the site but based on what I saw and she told us.

They certainly could be done, but as a web designer, it just strikes me odd to have that much space with no purpose for it.

MaulFan said:
They certainly could be done, but as a web designer, it just strikes me odd to have that much space with no purpose for it.

I agree. All of the sections on the SS website relating to CIV are on grey backgrounds and in all of them except the new product section the grey background fits to the content of the page. I just dont understand why the grey background on the announcements page is so big. The problem is that there is space for five or six more new announcement boxes and I cant think of five more things they could announce. At best there could be another 12", a diorama, a VCD and a RAH but that would be stretching it a bit. Ive almost convinced myself that we have seen all we are going to see but there is small bit of hope that we may see more, may at their panel on Saturday.

Smudger9 said:
I agree. All of the sections on the SS website relating to CIV are on grey backgrounds and in all of them except the new product section the grey background fits to the content of the page. I just dont understand why the grey background on the announcements page is so big. The problem is that there is space for five or six more new announcement boxes and I cant think of five more things they could announce. At best there could be another 12", a diorama, a VCD and a RAH but that would be stretching it a bit. Ive almost convinced myself that we have seen all we are going to see but there is small bit of hope that we may see more, may at their panel on Saturday.

They could be waiting till the last day, and after they sell out of Yavin Lukes, to introduce the new farmboy Luke.

We have Ben and Leia, so where be Luke at?

ANH Luke, Han and Vader... that's what's still missing!

Back