Statue Sideshow Batman PF 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall it's not bad and has elements I like, reminds me of the Bowen on gargoyle with the cape flowing over half of the base. Not completely sold on either portrait or the head angle but it ain't all that bad, even with the blue and yellow.

Last edited:
This is still better than any other Batman PF they've done. When they got a pose I liked, I hated the costume. When they did a costume I liked, I hated the pose. I like both the costume and pose on this. I actually like the blue a lot more than I thought I would too. I just wish they would have announced a black suit version as well. Let us decide now between which version instead of potentially missing out on it or having to sell this blue version down the road.

I'll hold out as long as I can to see a potential black suit version.

I think it looks cool overall and I LOVE the switch-out arm with grappling hook. However, I think there's just waaaay too much airbrush shading going on with this thing. I would prefer a black suit version as well though I know a bunch of folks have been wanting the blue with yellow oval chest for awhile. So far now, $600 saved

Not feeling the portrait that much and would have preferred a normal length cape.

man who approved that EX head

Not feeling this, I see what they're going for and I like the idea behind it, it just doesn't work for me. The cape wrapped around the base doesn't work for me either.

I'll stick with the OG.

I love it. The Ex head is completely ridiculous and terrible but aside from that, it's great. We don't need Sideshow to make a variant black. Over production is what's killed interest in this hobby in the first place. It's nice that they've lowered ES, stuck to focusing on one good design at a time instead of just pumping out mass quantities of product. This is a nice piece. Great size. Beautiful. I love the blue. I'm sure when the time comes Sideshow will make a different gorgeous black suit sculpt Batman as well. Well done, Sideshow!

So, I think this piece kinda has a Kelley Jones vibe to it. The EX portrait doesn't look good to me and the REG is OK but I think the Adams portrait on the OG blue variant looks far better. I'm good with the long cape. Jones, Breyfogle, and McFarlane (along with other artists) drew Bats with a gigantic cape. The utility belt isn't his classic 70's capsule belt. That's a little disappointing. Lastly, the paint apps look a little lackluster to me. It's like the statue looks dingy or dusty. On a positive note, his musculature looks perfect for a 70's/80's Batman.

Overall, I think the PF looks pretty good. It's a solid piece but it certainly doesn't floor me in any way.

This is still better than any other Batman PF they've done. When they got a pose I liked, I hated the costume. When they did a costume I liked, I hated the pose. I like both the costume and pose on this. I actually like the blue a lot more than I thought I would too. I just wish they would have announced a black suit version as well. Let us decide now between which version instead of potentially missing out on it or having to sell this blue version down the road.

I'll hold out as long as I can to see a potential black suit version.

Definitely agree. This Batman PF is much better than the last 2 versions. At least this new PF has better musculature and proportions. It is not over-sized and not armored.

It's just the cape that has me baffled. I don't know what to make of it ...or how to feel about it right now. I guess I'm still trying to figure it out. Everything else I like ...I like the EX portrait, too ...but I like the REG portrait more.

I disagree on his musculature. Looked like my guy was banging on squats and lunges but didn?t hit chest and bi?s as much.

I don't like this at all. I think the long cape looks ridiculous, the base is stupid, and both head sculpts are just crazy. :lol

Definitely agree. This Batman PF is much better than the last 2 versions. At least this new PF has better musculature and proportions. It is not over-sized and not armored.

It's just the cape that has me baffled. I don't know what to make of it ...or how to feel about it right now. I guess I'm still trying to figure it out. Everything else I like ...I like the EX portrait, too ...but I like the REG portrait more.

Yeah, the more I look at the cape, the more I’m confused. That has to be a 10 foot plus long cape, which is ridiculous. I feel myself slowly turning on this statue, still like it better than the last two though.

I wonder if that cape is molded to the base or its own piece? I’d be interested to see how a proper sized cloth cape would look with this. I remember some of the custom capes for one of the older Batman PFs and thought it looked pretty good. I just don’t want to spend some $600 on this then spend more money on a cape.

They just can't get Batman right can they? Was full of hope after the teaser pic but front on it just looks bad. Not just the cape but the right arm placement just looks odd and WTF is with the Ex portrait!

If the last PF had this style of suit it would have been close to perfect. I'm guessing the next PF in 2022 will have a great pose and portrait but a stupid armoured suit.

Catwoman and Batgirl came out great, Robin looks good, Green Arrow is one of the best 1/4 statues out there but the biggest character of all they keep messing up.

My initial thought when seeing all of the pics is that I don't love this, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think the cape looks cool (even though it's length is obviously ridiculous), and I'm liking the blue and yellow oval look. That EX head, though... Yikes! An easy way to save $20! I'm pleasantly surprised that the left hand with grappling hook isn't part of the EX, too.

The only other PF I own is SS's Amazing Spider-man (https://www.sideshow.com/collectibl...-man-sideshow-collectibles-300201?var=3002011), and this Batman has very similar dimensions, so I could potentially pair the two. If nothing else, it's nice to see a higher-end statue like this that is easier to display/doesn't have a HUGE base/doesn't require a super deep shelf to display it on. My collection is mostly displayed on 11" deep shelves, so that is always an issue for me when a statue I am interested in is announced and its dimensions are revealed.

I also have over $600 in SS reward points, so I could get this PF free. I'll have to consider it!

They just can't get Batman right can they? Was full of hope after the teaser pic but front on it just looks bad. Not just the cape but the right arm placement just looks odd and WTF is with the Ex portrait!

If the last PF had this style of suit it would have been close to perfect. I'm guessing the next PF in 2022 will have a great pose and portrait but a stupid armoured suit.

Catwoman and Batgirl came out great, Robin looks good, Green Arrow is one of the best 1/4 statues out there but the biggest character of all they keep messing up.

You're in luck. I promise they'll continue to release more Batman PFs over the years. Hopefully, one of them hits the spot for you.

man who approved that EX head

Not feeling this, I see what they're going for and I like the idea behind it, it just doesn't work for me. The cape wrapped around the base doesn't work for me either.

I'll stick with the OG.

Igo was the art director on this piece so he approved it along with DC. I'm very curious to see where sideshow's new AD will take us now that Igo is gone. Will we see a more classic take on characters? Will we see a more diverse character list instead of the same characters getting rehashed over and over again? I can only hope so.

Back