Statue Sideshow Batman PF 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igo was the art director on this piece so he approved it along with DC. I'm very curious to see where sideshow's new AD will take us now that Igo is gone. Will we see a more classic take on characters? Will we see a more diverse character list instead of the same characters getting rehashed over and over again? I can only hope so.

Hopefully it’s somebody that will return the old Sideshow

It really does have a kelley Jones feel to it, especially the cape, but they haven't gone far enough with it. The ex should have been a nightmarish sculpt with massive pointy ears. The abs and chest sorta look meh, like they wanted to sideshowify the concept of Jones' work. I love his covers from the knighfall era, they were the best IMO but this is too safe as is often the case

Batman-Premium-Format-Figure-4.jpg

Looks good from that side and at least explains the neck angle which just looks odd in most of Sideshows images for some reason.

Yeah, the more I look at the cape, the more I?m confused. That has to be a 10 foot plus long cape, which is ridiculous. I feel myself slowly turning on this statue, still like it better than the last two though.

I wonder if that cape is molded to the base or its own piece? I?d be interested to see how a proper sized cloth cape would look with this. I remember some of the custom capes for one of the older Batman PFs and thought it looked pretty good. I just don?t want to spend some $600 on this then spend more money on a cape.

I had the same thought. Wondered if trimming the cape shorter might make it look better. But you're right ...after spending so much $$, do we really want to spend more to alter it? Might be hard to swallow.

They just can't get Batman right can they? Was full of hope after the teaser pic but front on it just looks bad. Not just the cape but the right arm placement just looks odd and WTF is with the Ex portrait!

If the last PF had this style of suit it would have been close to perfect. I'm guessing the next PF in 2022 will have a great pose and portrait but a stupid armoured suit.

Catwoman and Batgirl came out great, Robin looks good, Green Arrow is one of the best 1/4 statues out there but the biggest character of all they keep messing up.

Exactly! Those statues came out great. And there are more that came out great ...like Colossus, Thor BoB, Rogue, X-23, yellow Wolverine and others ...

Yet some how they keep messing up Batman. It's just weird.

Hopefully it?s somebody that will return the old Sideshow

I think Igo was partly responsible for driving Sideshow's business into the ground with pump and dump mass pushing of product. Didn't matter if it was quality or if they got things right. If they were lazy and knew a design wasn't accurate to the comic or horror source they would just call it "stylized." Very lazy and it's sad to see what Sideshow has become. They used to make truly collectible pieces that were unique and now in order to survive, they've had to become a North American distribution hub for other companies properties. Hopefully the old Sideshwo returns and it looks like they are. Lately the ES and Quality of designs have been much better. I'm not sure how Sideshow allowed things to get out of hand for so long :dunno

I dont like the cape-paint. Base looks boring, headsculpts no words. all movie sideshow batmans looks better than comic versions, 1st pf and lsf head i like but this and the last one no words

bust is black & PF blue version. i hope for a black version with this head and pose otherwise is very strange why the bust is black, to every bust gaves a PF with identical headsculpt

Hopefully it?s somebody that will return the old Sideshow

Man, if they have Canale, Harbottle, and Bel doing kick ass classic sculpts of these characters....I'd probably go broke. Imagine a classic raging HULK by Canale, a classic Cap by Harbottle, or a classic Perez Deathstroke by Bel. Holy shyte, that would be a sight to behold! Sideshow has such a phenomenal stable of talent. All they need is the right art direction.

Crazy how different people's tastes are. To me this is the best Batman PF Sideshow has ever done and takes me right back to all those early 90's Kelley Jones covers. I love it.

Crazy how different people's tastes are. To me this is the best Batman PF Sideshow has ever done and takes me right back to all those early 90's Kelley Jones covers. I love it.

I 100% agree with you. Pre-ordered this one as soon as I got the notification. It will look great with the last catwoman premium format imo.

Oh hell yea ...totally the best Batman PF SSC has made. Compared to the previous 2 ...yes, IMO, the best so far.

But that new Batman Bust ...man, that's looks awesome. Now if that Batman Bust was made into a Batman PF, then that would've been DOPE!!

I guess I'm in the minority here but this Batman PF is underwhelming. I do like the blue and grey and the collectors portrait is decent. The grappling hook is a cool idea as well.

However, the exclusive head is fugly, the cape looks like anime and the hunch in his neck is unnatural. Not to mention the gargoyle is tiresome- although not as bad as X-Men on a sentinel hand.

I can see being excited 2 years ago for this but I think they could have done better.

Maybe it will grow on me... No need to rush for an exclusive on this one.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

batman_dc-comics_gallery_5eb1ab97b491f.jpg

The more I look at it the less distracting the head / neck angle becomes. I even like the ex head (not all that different than the new bust) and its my favorite color scheme. I'm willing to put money down to see it in hand but may wait for an edition size before ordering.

That hunch neck is just killing this piece right now for me, just looks so unnatural and uncomfortable.

reminded me of the old bowen batman (far superior to this IMO)...I like it but like some of the other folks, don't love it. The chest/neck and arms just don't do it for me. Blue is a bit dull...would have liked the black bat logo and maybe the arms under the cape?

Yeah, just hit the PO button. It wasn't an immediate home run but have faith that in hand this will look pretty cool. I am a sucker for the yellow oval and whilst not strictly comic accurate I like it well enough to have in my collection. (I agree with a previous post, this reminds me of Kelley jones and an early 90's Batman).

I actually like the pose, particularly viewed in profile. The EX head isn't for me but I did opt for that version....and thats an awesome looking gargoyle :)

Back