Statue Sideshow Batman PF 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this one, blue and grey all the way! Am hoping for a change out head with longer ears, the pose looks very cool

With the modern/classic Thanos statue, they could do that with black and blue versions. Make both camps happy.

I always appreciate when they do that. This way you don't buy a piece and then regret it later when a variant you like more gets released.

I?ll take your word for it. You?ve owned way more statues than I have 👍🏼 When it comes to large scale with sculpted capes, I have only had the original Sups and Bats and those capes were heavy. I can?t imagine a polystone cape being light though.

XM Black Panther has a fiberglass cape. It weighs next to nothing. It's lovely.

I?ll take your word for it. You?ve owned way more statues than I have ���� When it comes to large scale with sculpted capes, I have only had the original Sups and Bats and those capes were heavy. I can?t imagine a polystone cape being light though.

XM’s Samurai Batman is a good example.

Of all the batmen they've done so far, I still think the one that came out back in 2013/2014 is arguably the best overall.

I really like this one, blue and grey all the way! Am hoping for a change out head with longer ears, the pose looks very cool

I agree and it's nice to have a different pose and Blue bats finally instead of a variant. Also nice to see that they're making PFs smaller as the first Batman was way too big IMO and there was no place to effectively store him. This one looks like it will fit in a Besta or on top of a Besta... looking forward to full reveal

Not a fan of crouching poses at all. For the $$$ I want my statues standing tall & proud. :D

My thoughts exactly.

Still like my OG black-grey the most...

BPFA.jpg

I agree and it's nice to have a different pose and Blue bats finally instead of a variant. Also nice to see that they're making PFs smaller as the first Batman was way too big IMO and there was no place to effectively store him. This one looks like it will fit in a Besta or on top of a Besta... looking forward to full reveal

Agreed but they all fit in a besta, do you mean detolf?

My thoughts exactly.

Still like my OG black-grey the most...

View attachment 484256

I have the blue grey one and they l were good when they were released, I do kinda miss the fabric suits but he does need updating IMO, not least the fact that they're oversized

Yea, an update was sorely needed for the OG. Just to fix the oversized proportions, sagging armpit and awkward stance, IMO.

Yea, an update was sorely needed for the OG. Just to fix the oversized proportions, sagging armpit and awkward stance, IMO.

IDK why everyone keeps mentioning the armpit. I just don't see it on mine. It's certainly not perfect by any means, but I say it's arguably better than the others.

I have the blue grey one and they l were good when they were released, I do kinda miss the fabric suits but he does need updating IMO, not least the fact that they're oversized

Fair enough...
Funnily, Bats' size kind of set up a precedence and everybody used to compare the other PFs with him. I remember folks were sadder because the OG GL was 'undersized' as compared to him. Me, I could never 'not like' him because of him being oversized. Also, I got mine later which was probably from a batch where they tried to fix the armpits issue. What I didn't like was how weird he looks from his right, the chest logo sitting lower and being different than what was initially shown, and the long neck / small head sculpt. Talking about time for an update, I agree. Everything gets dated with time and we will always keep seeing new stuff, but then I never really liked the consecutive Bats PFs (including the movie ones). Looking forward to seeing this new one, at the same time I really like my OG imposing Bats hulking over his nemeses in the display... :)

Yeah he still looks good, agreed on the long neck but I had to pick up the blue grey as I love the Adams /Aparo style sculpt. I was considering selling him but wouldn't have made my money back so decided against it. I ordered the black Jim Lee 1/3 scale prime 1 but starting to question that as I don't have any other 1/3 scales, if this one is revealed soon and I like it, I may have ot cancel the prime 1 and eat the deposit :pfft:

Yeah he still looks good, agreed on the long neck but I had to pick up the blue grey as I love the Adams /Aparo style sculpt. I was considering selling him but wouldn't have made my money back so decided against it. I ordered the black Jim Lee 1/3 scale prime 1 but starting to question that as I don't have any other 1/3 scales, if this one is revealed soon and I like it, I may have ot cancel the prime 1 and eat the deposit :pfft:

I always thought the first blue variant PF was way too big to accurately portray the 70's Adams/Aparo Bats that so many people love. He's just too big to represent that era of Bats. I always said they needed to release a new PF that's sculpted to look skinnier and more athletic than the OG blue variant Bats. It looks like they hit the nail on the head with this piece. We still haven't seen the entire sculpt yet but so long as sideshow doesn't deviate and give us something too sideshowified, this looks like the blue Bats PF people have been waiting for.

I always thought the first blue variant PF was way too big to accurately portray the 70's Adams/Aparo Bats that so many people love. He's just too big to represent that era of Bats. I always said they needed to release a new PF that's sculpted to look skinnier and more athletic than the OG blue variant Bats. It looks like they hit the nail on the head with this piece. We still haven't seen the entire sculpt yet but so long as sideshow doesn't deviate and give us something too sideshowified, this looks like the blue Bats PF people have been waiting for.

I'm hoping so, although I don't think the costume and head will be as comic accurate as the modern age premium format. I get the gripes about his size but seeing as the costume is so accurate apart from body sculpt, I may still stick with him. Also I managed to cancel the prime 1 Jim Lee, and even got my deposit back! Now I just have iron studios cap and alita on the way

Re-posting here my first thoughts on it:

It sure makes for dramatic effect, but I would have preferred a normal length, as I like my Batman to be grounded as much in "reality" as possible.

Oh, well, I don't care for the EX, so I'll have plenty of time to get one of their gazillion regulars locally if I decide to buy it.

[...]

The more I look at it, the more it bothers me.

If only they'd have cut the cape off at slightly above the height of the gargoyle's knees, this would have been a triumph in my book and a day-one purchase.

As it is, though, I know it'll annoy me to picture Batman stepping on his own cape every time I look at it.

I get it's an stylistic choice, and it sometimes works in comics, but why, oh why, did they have to go all McFarlane in what was an otherwise nearly perfect Classic Batman? :monkey2

Back