Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for the reveal! Love mixed media. I think it adds alot to figure/statue. Wonder what he will come weighing in at?

I actually prefer fully sculpted pieces. However, there's no denying some pieces do look better with mixed media. I have the Lobo PF and that looks absolutely KILLER with mixed media. On the flip side, the yellow and blue Wolvie PF and the OG Sabretooth PF look hideous to me because of the mixed media used on their costumes. I find mixed media to be hit or miss personally.

Problem with Wolverine and Sabertooth is there was no "shadowing" on the cloth to underline their muscles. If you look at comics Superman and Batman PFs, the problem was solved.

I love mixed media statued, I think it makes them look more life-like and less like statues.

As for Bane, I think maybe he'll have cloth trousers. I doubt the top will be cloth too.

Problem with Wolverine and Sabertooth is there was no "shadowing" on the cloth to underline their muscles. If you look at comics Superman and Batman PFs, the problem was solved.

I love mixed media statued, I think it makes them look more life-like and less like statues.

As for Bane, I think maybe he'll have cloth trousers. I doubt the top will be cloth too.

For me personally, shading wouldn't have saved Sabes or Wolverine. It was the choice of cloth that bothered me. It looked too felt like. Bats and Superman's cloth was smoother looking. More like spandex. That's why I liked them.

You'll still probably have to wait to decide on Bane. He's supposed to have cut and sew elements on him at SDCC, but he's not painted up from what I hear. So, this will still be a raw sculpt in some ways. We'll have to wait until SSC has a finished product for us to come to any final conclusions.

Yea, most likely. Making a final decision might need to be held off for now.

Seeing him in person at SDCC will give me an idea of his proportions. But not sure if there will be enough of the MM to make a judgement on.

Bane-DC-SDCC2016-01-1.jpg

Bane-DC-SDCC2016-02-1.jpg

way too many cool things coming out of SDCC. My head is spinning :panic:

As long as he is massive it is going to be a major hit. I wonder if this will get SS to rethink Darkseid and not just rerun it.

Wow!!! Great sculpt... it really exudes power and a dominating presence. I really like the base. This is an instant buy for me. I wonder what the exclusive will be. Any thoughts?

I told myself my next piece will be whenever Prime 1 gets an Arkham Game Joker piece done, but this Bane piece, though... Damn. Definitely more badass than the Darkseid one.

A kick-arse piece of sculpt by Sideshow. Big, bad, scary detailed, and great base.

You guys seen how he looks huge in the background? ^^'

He looks phenomenal. However, SSC has to reshape the traps. They are a bit overdone, it doesn't make much sens that they are this big and round.

What traps? He is stepping on the bat signal.

Back