Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13731703_10210622924036322_6544328140852507041_n.jpg

It's like Sideshow learned their lesson from the flop that is the Darkseid PF (size wise)

Darkseid is the perfect size. That's the way he was created and that's the way it should be. If people want the ridiculous Darkseid we have today then they can wait for that version. To each their own. I'm glad people people were hating on his size because now 5000 of them won't be floating around. Watch how many people kick themselves when they're paying crazy prices for a beautiful sculpt they thought was too small. :)

What a beast. He makes Croc look like a common lizard!

Bane is a definite PO for me. Fingers crossed that he won't go beyond $649.

Darkseid is the perfect size. That's the way he was created and that's the way it should be. If people want the ridiculous Darkseid we have today then they can wait for that version. To each their own. I'm glad people people were hating on his size because now 5000 of them won't be floating around. Watch how many people kick themselves when they're paying crazy prices for a beautiful sculpt they thought was too small. :)

Except for the fact that the rest of the DC comic line is out of scale, especially Batman. They're bigger than 1:4 (regardless of what people say to justify their purchase), so the real issue is not Darkseid on himself - it's Darkseid when you pair him up with the others. Scale will look all messed up when you put it next to Batman

This Bane PF is insanely good. Wasn't originally going to PO it but...damn, Martin and GG is making it nearly impossible for me to pass on this. They got me with Skaar and Lobo. Looks like it's going to happen yet again with Bane.

Common lizard? :horror I better stay away from the Philippines.:lol You know the prices are getting crazy when we're hopping 1/4 pieces will be under $650.

:lol I live in the village's border, with just a 12-feet tall concrete wall separating my home from the forest. I've gotten used to seeing at least 9" (sans tail) fat lizards lounging in the bathroom walls after 4 years of living here.

But yeah, it's sad that prices are getting really high, I wish I could get more from these reveals but I have to shortlist and Bane is definitely #1.

If only Sideshow won't say "$599? That's soooo 2015!".

I feel people are living a fantasy when they take guesses as to what figures are going to cost especially when it comes to SSC, it seems almost on an annual if not semi annual basis when new figures are released they bump the price $50-$100 compared to figures that were just released a year ago etc. I just started this hobby recently and have noticed a pretty steep curve in terms of price increases. If someone says this thing costs $999, I honestly wouldn't be surprised and it would probably still sell and gives another reason for SSC to keep bumping the prices.

I feel people are living a fantasy when they take guesses as to what figures are going to cost especially when it comes to SSC, it seems almost on an annual if not semi annual basis when new figures are released they bump the price $50-$100 compared to figures that were just released a year ago etc. I just started this hobby recently and have noticed a pretty steep curve in terms of price increases. If someone says this thing costs $999, I honestly wouldn't be surprised and it would probably still sell and gives another reason for SSC to keep bumping the prices.

I'm sorry, it could be the fact that English is not my mother tongue but I'm not getting your point.

Most people on here, are speculating on prices while considering the patterns on price movement from the past 3 years or so. How's that living in fantasy? Maybe a year more or 2 of pre-ordering statues and you'll see.

Except for the fact that the rest of the DC comic line is out of scale, especially Batman. They're bigger than 1:4 (regardless of what people say to justify their purchase), so the real issue is not Darkseid on himself - it's Darkseid when you pair him up with the others. Scale will look all messed up when you put it next to Batman

As probably the main bad guy of the DC Universe he had to fit with the rest of the JLA. He looks small so therefore he is out of scale. As a stand alone piece it doesn't really matter of course. Bane is this big because of the Batman PF and they didn't want to make the same mistake. I also feel they wanted to compete with the Prime 1 version and make people regret/lose those $90 NRDs if they ordered the P1 a few weeks ago.

Classic Kirby Darkseid. He's not the New 52 Darkseid. SSC got it right.

Overall the statue is not Kirby enough to use that as an excuse for the size. They modernized (Sideshowfied) the rest enough that nobody thinks "Kirby!" when they see it.

On the other hand, I think the original Hulk PF is Kirby enough to justify the ape face and it does say "Kirby!" right away.

Kirby Darkseid:

darkseidkirbythibodeaux.jpg

As probably the main bad guy of the DC Universe he had to fit with the rest of the JLA. He looks small so therefore he is out of scale. As a stand alone piece it doesn't really matter of course. Bane is this big because of the Batman PF and they didn't want to make the same mistake. I also feel they wanted to compete with the Prime 1 version and make people regret/lose those $90 NRDs if they ordered the P1 a few weeks ago.

Overall the statue is not Kirby enough to use that as an excuse for the size. They modernized (Sideshowfied) the rest enough that nobody thinks "Kirby!" when they see it.

On the other hand, I think the original Hulk PF is Kirby enough to justify the ape face and it does say "Kirby!" right away.

Kirby Darkseid:

darkseidkirbythibodeaux.jpg

Actually, the Kirby styled HULK PF doesn't work for me. The head sculpt is Kirby. However, the body is anything but. Kirby's HULK is nowhere near as big as the PF. On top of that, Kirby's HULK had 4 fingers on each hand. SSC definitely did a mash up of artistic styles to give us their take on the HULK. The same holds true for Darkseid but to a much smaller degree. This is a classic take on Darkseid even though his Head sculpt isn't Kirby inspired. I'm OK with that. I've never been a big fan of Kirby's artistic style. This Darkseid works for me personally. The OG HULK PF didn't. It's not like Kirby is the only one to have drawn Darkseid with realistic proportions and height. Keith Giffen drew a great looking Darkseid in one of the best Darkseid stories ever told. The Great Darkness Saga in the Legion of Super-Heroes is the best Darkseid story I've ever read. Giffen's art in that story has one of the best looking Darkseid's I've ever seen. His Darkseid is nowhere near the ridiculous size he's drawn nowadays. This PF reminds me of his (and Kirby's) Darkseid. Both Kirby and Giffen's Darkseid is similarly proportioned. Giffen just gave us a more modern look to the character. That's why this Darkseid PF works for me and I'll be happy displaying it in my collection.

Love the Base idea! Guess they're learning from XM. Thought it'd be just steps or a rock pile.

Learn from XM??? Please. XM would've overcomplicated things and added a street lamp, mail box, sewer cover..........
These sculpts prove again that Sideshow is on another level in the sculpt department.

Back