Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it went up right off the bat. This is my first SS statue order in 3 years. I still need to order the Jane PF. I wish they hadn't put the two up for order so close together.

Lol yes. Wonder when he'll drop for preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not going to order any pieces from this line ... but this Thor really looks cool as a stand alone possibly ... hmmm decisions decisions! Think the EX will sell fast? So much more coming in the near future really makes it tough to decide what pieces to get :banghead

Damn...25.5" high. That's giving me second thoughts. Complicates display options for me.
Dude i didnt even read the details. Damn. Quick crappy shot for reference. Spidey is 25"
1444ec8c045d7a1c02e6d90cc30d615f.jpg

I got a reg PG and yes that cape is good quality. Not to criticize but man putting these heavy statues inside a detolf even with 2 glasses on those flimsy Ikea bars is like a risky proposition.

Np dude. Yeah the plan is to get bestas. But ive been saying this over a year. But yeah best i put the 1/6 on top till i get new display cases juuuust in case [emoji28]

Np dude. Yeah the plan is to get bestas. But ive been saying this over a year. But yeah best i put the 1/6 on top till i get new display cases juuuust in case [emoji28]

Yeah, bestas are very strong shelve systems even the shelf itself doesn't bend or warp. I got my statues in bestas or something similarly strong made of wood and and I put my 1/6 scale action figures in Detolfs. So you got Ikea in Aruba?

Yeah, bestas are very strong shelve systems even the shelf itself doesn't bend or warp. I got my statues in bestas or something similarly strong made of wood and and I put my 1/6 scale action figures in Detolfs. So you got Ikea in Aruba?

Cool thanks for the tip. Yeah i will get bestas eventually for my 2 PFs and this line. And keep the detolfs for 1/6 kotobukiya and hot toys. No ikea here unfortunately. I use miami freight forwarders. At the end of the day it costs me double but still a better option to the alternatives here

I looked at all the Ikea options for my new display and all had good points and bad. I love Bestas and Pax for different reasons but the same problem they have is shelf support. My room is 244 w x 232 h cm and I wanted to waste as little space as possible with what Ikea produce. I spent weeks looking over the measurements of all the options and couldnt quite find the right option until I had a brain wave...

I thought why not turn the pax on its side and stack them? My idea is to buy 3x Pax frames 236 x 75 x 58cm and stack them on top of each other to create a shelving unit that is 236 w x 225 h x 58 d cm. This will give me a good depth, height and two full 236cm sides per row as support for my statues. To create the different compartments I am going to simply use normal PAX shelves and place them where I want like I would if the frames were upright. This will also provide lots of support for the outer frames. To hold them in place I plan to use 4cm wood screws. To hold the 3 PAX units together I will just use lots of 2-3cm wood screws and drill them into the below unit through the shelf dowel holes that are now on the bottom shelf of the above units. I might add some metal brackets on the sides of the frames as well just to make sure as they wont be visible.

For the front doors of the unit I am going to buy 12x custom cut 4mm clear UV protection acrylic which will be held on to the unit with 8x 1.5cm small self adhesive magnets per door. If I attach the north pole magnets to the unit around the frame, then just to make sure the acrylic sits perfectly I think its probably best to attach the south pole magnets on to the north pole ones first. Then remove the self adhesive backing and place the acrylic on top. The acrylic is super light yet sturdy at 4mm so will easily be able to be held by the magnets. They will only be 2mm thick in total so not much space around edges for dust can get inside.

Each compartment by my measurements will be approx 58.5 w x 71.4 h x 58 d cm. Now you can use shorter PAX frames and still get same result with only 3 compartments.

Thats the plan, took a lot of working out but will get best combination I am looking for.

I looked at all the Ikea options for my new display and all had good points and bad. I love Bestas and Pax for different reasons but the same problem they have is shelf support. My room is 244 w x 232 h cm and I wanted to waste as little space as possible with what Ikea produce. I spent weeks looking over the measurements of all the options and couldnt quite find the right option until I had a brain wave...

I thought why not turn the pax on its side and stack them? My idea is to buy 3x Pax frames 236 x 75 x 58cm and stack them on top of each other to create a shelving unit that is 236 w x 225 h x 58 d cm. This will give me a good depth, height and two full 236cm sides per row as support for my statues. To create the different compartments I am going to simply use normal PAX shelves and place them where I want like I would if the frames were upright. This will also provide lots of support for the outer frames. To hold them in place I plan to use 4cm wood screws. To hold the 3 PAX units together I will just use lots of 2-3cm wood screws and drill them into the below unit through the shelf dowel holes that are now on the bottom shelf of the above units. I might add some metal brackets on the sides of the frames as well just to make sure as they wont be visible.

For the front doors of the unit I am going to buy 12x custom cut 4mm clear UV protection acrylic which will be held on to the unit with 8x 1.5cm small self adhesive magnets per door. If I attach the north pole magnets to the unit around the frame, then just to make sure the acrylic sits perfectly I think its probably best to attach the south pole magnets on to the north pole ones first. Then remove the self adhesive backing and place the acrylic on top. The acrylic is super light yet sturdy at 4mm so will easily be able to be held by the magnets. They will only be 2mm thick in total so not much space around edges for dust can get inside.

Each compartment by my measurements will be approx 58.5 w x 71.4 h x 58 d cm. Now you can use shorter PAX frames and still get same result with only 3 compartments.

Thats the plan, took a lot of working out but will get best combination I am looking for.

Damn dude. I saved this lol. Since im moving my modest collection to the living room it will be time for some new ideas. Thanks and good luck!

Damn dude. I saved this lol. Since im moving my modest collection to the living room it will be time for some new ideas. Thanks and good luck!

lol thanks mate will post some pics of it when done on here. It can also be done with Bestas btw, same logic just swap PAX for besta. Will still give you the better support with the outer edges becoming the shelves.

Back