1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed my mind. Nipple's not painted. Total fail

I got the recorder covered.

tYgIcqq.jpg

Nice! Any thoughts on the dagger?

Picked up Ash today, far and away sideshow's best release. Still $40 overpriced when compared to the quality of other companies, but light years improvement over Snake, Beetlejuice and well, everything else they've ever done. I did mod the inside of the neck joint to shorten his neck about a quarter inch, my only complaint about the stock piece aside from the Necronomican which is absolutely useless. A custom is gonna be essential, but otherwise..

Love this figure!

That's been standing out to me too in all of these pics. It doesn't look like all it should be

Oh it's better than his...:wink1:

I think which sculpt is better is subjective, and you can pick your poison with the bodies, but from the neck down I think Beto's wins and his accessories are leaps beyond

I really think the neck mod is essential and helps so much. Hes a giraffe out of the box. The way the socket is in the HS makes it extra easy to remove as well which is handy!

The chainsaw really is one of the highlights of the figure. Super detailed and badass. Also, I'd recommend everyone be very careful with the trigger on the shotgun while placing his finger on it, its very thin and fragile

How is the stock body on this, are the joints tight? Sideshow bodies are usually lousy, sometimes to the point that they won't hold a pose.

Great pics everyone who has posted! Figure looks to have turned out well.

Body is alright I suppose. It gets the job done, the legs joints hold the figure well but, imo there's a soft feeling to it. I haven't gotten the figure in any dynamic poses though.

Chilipep, just did the neck "mod", you're 100% right looks a bit better.

Yeah when i get mine next month i am going to try that neck mod, i hate long necks. You mind explaining in more detail your neck mod chilipep?

All you need to do is pop the head off, remove the ball joint and you can adjust where you want the head to sit on the neck. It's not loose or anything so there's no fear of it falling off. Cheers to him for testing this! 🏆

Looks good.The head stays on tight and still turns without falling off?

So basically you completely removed the joint inside the head and just put it back on. So how does the head attach without it, Is it just sitting on the ball joint?

The neck itself is inside the head sculpt now. You have to apply pressure on the head downward onto the neck. It won't go anywhere. You could always mod the neck peg or replace it I suppose but I don't think you'll get it as low as you want.

my mod was to remove the neck plug inside the sculpt, and cut off about 1/4 inch of the plug before re inserting it and hitting it with a dab of glue for security. The way it fits in, you may not even need the glue, it should sit around this height

MJ1_5945.jpg

I didn't pre order because I just assumed Sideshow would screw up the final product. Shame cos I'd have loved the exclusive. Gone ahead and ordered the regular and used some reward points. My only gripes are that the head looks a bit over sized and his right iris looks bigger than the left. Overall I'm excited to have a decent 1:6 Ash, just never thought it would be sideshow that made it.

Glad I was able to get enough RP to buy him before he went to the WL. Really looks like one of Sideshow's best figures, and probably hands down the best human portrait figure they've put out.

So, is the white bit we see sticking out of the chainsaw removeable? Or is it sewn into place; I don't remember the bandage even being visible in the movie, and at least when he first puts the chainsaw on the bandage has been removed.

Pics in this thread have gotten me to finally order him. Always wanted a good Ash. This looks like a great one. Reward points helped.

Groovy!

Back