1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent figure although I almost lost both of the shotgun shells. Those things are tiny. Really happy with what Sideshow gave us and can't wait for their Jack Burton

Excellent figure although I almost lost both of the shotgun shells. Those things are tiny. Really happy with what Sideshow gave us and can't wait for their Jack Burton
Woah! The shotgun shells come out. Right on!

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Holy s**tballs!Looks amazing!
I didn't think the white bandage was removable I thought it was stuck on the shirt!

Great job that's amazing:clap:clap

So clean, damn I really need some LED lights for my detolf. Great shots!

edit:
Here is a pic at some of the work I've been putting into the figure.
I was going for his look before getting sucked into the portal.
Dirtied him to hell, cut the fang off the body, removed the bandage, added blood to his forehead and repainted his white steak.

For those who are worried about those bandages, don't be. They're a very thin plastic material and isn't sewn together.

IMG_5394_zpswrhoqvcc.jpg

Alright, I think I'm retiring from posting anymore pictures in this thread :lol

For those who are worried about those bandages, don't be. They're a very thin plastic material and isn't sewn together.

Thanks for the confirmation about the bandage... and your mods are looking great so far. No one ever adds the blue stuff to him.

Great to see the arm veins and hair texture. This is what I wanted to see as a primer for the Jason figure......

Can anyone comment on the skin texture?

This combined with decent looking arms and SS will knock Jason out of the park as well.

May have to get Ash down the road .....put all 3 together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pics CJ and your wife's review was good. The strings on the boom stick holster are long but don't look as thick and awkward in the vid as the did in some pics.

Nice mods Schmitty! Lookin' good

I thought the Luke sculpt looked great... but I won't go counting my chickens before they hatch. One good looking figure from Sideshow does not make a trend :lol

Is it just me? I thought the ANH proto sculpt was more on the mark (and we saw how that turned out). I actually haven't even been in the ESB Luke thread because the sculpt soured me, but maybe I'm missing something? Is the general consensus it's a winner?

Is it just me? I thought the ANH proto sculpt was more on the mark (and we saw how that turned out). I actually haven't even been in the ESB Luke thread because the sculpt soured me, but maybe I'm missing something? Is the general consensus it's a winner?

Think there's negativity around it. I like it tho. I was thinking of using it for a Bespin Luke but that price...

The white bandage material feels to be teflon tape that comes off easily.
Love this figure! He arrived at my doorstep after 6pm tonight, then turn on the tv and Evil Dead 2 is on! :lol

Think there's negativity around it. I like it tho. I was thinking of using it for a Bespin Luke but that price...

I know the price is an issue for most people (me included), but I thought I was losing my eye for a minute if I was in the minority about being disappointed with that sculpt. A series of disappointments (amongst other things) started souring me to the hobby and I had to step away from all this for a few months. That sculpt was one of the bricks in the wall

Love this figure! He arrived at my doorstep after 6pm tonight, then turn on the tv and Evil Dead 2 is on! :lol

Gotta love when the stars align :yess: :yess:

So clean, damn I really need some LED lights for my detolf. Great shots!

edit:
Here is a pic at some of the work I've been putting into the figure.
I was going for his look before getting sucked into the portal.
Dirtied him to hell, cut the fang off the body, removed the bandage, added blood to his forehead and repainted his white steak.

IMG_5394_zpswrhoqvcc.jpg

Alright, I think I'm retiring from posting anymore pictures in this thread :lol

That looks incredible! Can you tell me how you got that look?

Sod it, ordered from Kapow toys which still had this available for preorder (one of the few UK suppliers to offer this figure). £215 delivered ain't exactly cheap but given the state of the exchange rate, doesn't seem too bad ...

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Ash is real bad ass! Paint work is on point, the accessories are all well done and look great, outfit is well tailored and overall he's about as good as I could've hoped for. I love the deadite hand and Henrietta; those really push this figure over the top.

And I'm pretty positive the saw blade is metal, I couldn't get a magnet to stick to it, but it feels a bit cold to the touch and is very rigid. So, it's possible the paint work on it is fooling, me but if that's the case it's still really well done.

The strings hanging off of the shotgun holster are not as bad looking in person... but they are a bit long and have a tendency to stick up at weird angles. Also, the holster itself is partially held onto the rig with the strings so you have to be mindful of that when posing him and making adjustments.

03d9b985-a934-430f-87db-e9e213d8bcdd_zpsidmltnhb.jpg

fb05fa34-50ce-40fd-bece-6ed5f5a1b8db_zpsb8l4nadt.jpg

With the rest of my Evil Dead/AOD figures...
718c9934-5e42-452a-ad43-260e4b137475_zpsug0nakic.jpg

I do think the original ANH Luke sculpt Sideshow showed was probably the best one yet... but of course the final product left a lot to be desired. I think the ESB is a great sculpt for how he appeared at the time, maybe even a bit better for a Jedi look.

Yep, the tape just pulled off and apart when I removed it... in the trash it went :lol

The sleeve is a bit shorter than I'd like to be able to easily get it tucked into the saw, but it's workable.

Sideshow has finally delivered with Ash. Hope from here on out this is what we at the least get from them.

ash_05.jpg

ash_06.jpg

ash_07.jpg

ash_08.jpg

ash_09.jpg

ash_10.jpg

ash_11.jpg

ash_12.jpg

Nice pictures everyone. I want this figure as I love the Evil Dead franchise and a Bruce fan all together but the fang on the body... I can't do it.. Anyone know why it's there?

Back