Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That piece really makes the piece complete so tempted. Can you please also send me a pm for price to Sydney.

Just opened mine up today. Is it me, or did anybody else have slight trouble putting him onto the base? I felt like I had to squeeze the legs together a bit to kind of force it in (in order to make both legs lock into place.)

Also, I'm pretty new to collectibles. But are these within normal imperfections? I'm okay with it I think, but just want some thoughts.

xilvyTr.jpg

MMQqV2G.jpg

93U0I4p.jpg

Personally, I believe these imperfections are very small. If you stay in collecting, you'll definitely encounter bigger issues. No statue is perfect (even though some are pretty close).

Personally, I believe these imperfections are very small. If you stay in collecting, you'll definitely encounter bigger issues. No statue is perfect (even though some are pretty close).

Thanks, that's what I kind of figured. Are statues more prone to these issues, more so than say, Hot Toys 1/6?

I agree.

Thanks, that's what I kind of figured. Are statues more prone to these issues, more so than say, Hot Toys 1/6?

Yes, a hell of a lot more so. I started more or less with Hot Toy figures, then a year or so later I moved into statues, and even with the imperfections that occur pretty often with statues, I still prefer statues over figures.

Note that I currently collect both types pretty heavily.

Figures because they come out more often, the human facesculpts will nearly always be far superior (almost a 100% guarantee when compared with Sideshow), and as you hinted, there's rarely any issues. The paint and fabrics are picture perfect and crisp, whereas with statues, no matter what anyone says is imo never as 'clean'.

But the presence of statues in your display will imo always overwhelm those of figures and not just because of the scale difference. As figures will unfortunately nearly always look like posable figures with sometimes unnatural poses.

That's good to know; guess I won't hassle SSC with minor issues like these in the future. :)

I agree. All the Armored Batman statues are far more natural looking than the posable figure counterparts. Plus the details and materials on this PF Armored Batman is far superior to any other ABs. Easily noticeable from the shoulder belt and cape. I find many 1/6th figure's materials and patterns on them to be too large compare to the figures. Kind of makes them look like barbie dolls.

My friend told me statues were boring, so I started with 1/6 HT. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm one of those pose right and leave it type. So might as well get the statue with the best pose.

Send me cost to California, US please! Would this fit in a Besta shelf?

PM sent. As for fitting in a besta, I think it is doable either side-on, or if you point the tail of the spear towards the back corner of the cabinet. I have a PAX so it is challenging to say for certain.

Looks awesome. That custom spear brings the statue to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks man, it should've come this way from SS. The statue looks 10x more menacing with the spear

thanks man, it should've come this way from SS. The statue looks 10x more menacing with the spear

I never pulled the trigger on this statue though I came close several times. Your set up has me considering it again. That batarang looks good too. I have my Affleck Batman PF displayed with the bloody version of the 1/1 Cryptozoic Joker hand which is a cool piece if you haven’t seen it.

I never pulled the trigger on this statue though I came close several times. Your set up has me considering it again. That batarang looks good too. I have my Affleck Batman PF displayed with the bloody version of the 1/1 Cryptozoic Joker hand which is a cool piece if you haven’t seen it.

yeah the joker hand is a cool looking piece. I'd recommend picking up the armored bat and checking to see if Sammy has any more of the spears left. This is just a killer piece

attachment.php

yeah the joker hand is a cool looking piece. I'd recommend picking up the armored bat and checking to see if Sammy has any more of the spears left. This is just a killer piece]

I like what you did with the grenade launcher here... copied you! hahaha.

Spear looks great!

I like what you did with the grenade launcher here... copied you! hahaha.

Spear looks great!

Ha! yeah when I set it up I immediately thought it would look good placed at Batman's feet.

Great job on this spear dude, you killed it!

So, my LED right eye has started its decline to burnout. Much dimmer than the left. Anyone elses showing signs of burnout?
I emailed SS for an exchange...

Back