Sideshow and Hot toys figures at Disneyland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have current photos of the sideshow / hot toys figures in the Disneyland launch bay?
ill be there in October, ill also update the post once i go.

I went about a month ago and they had all the current SSC & HT figures on display. Seeing SSC Maul in person there really sold me on the figure, but I wouldnt plan on buying it there unless you dont mind paying 30-40 bucks more than retail. I think they wanted $270 for that Maul, hahahahaaa no. lol

Anything else stick out as a great figure?

All of the HT figs of course, but I didnt pay as much attention to them since Ive already picked up the ones I want. Maul was my main point of interest since I was on the fence with him (picked him up on ebay for $200 when I got home). I would have liked to have seen snowspeeder Luke, but they didnt have him out on display when I went.

Honestly though, the star of launch bay is the props and costumes. It's really such an awesome thing to see in person. They had the life size SSC statues and busts too, really impressive.

If I saw someone in line there with say a $270 Kylo Ren, I would so tell them they could get that for $200 (probably less) on eBay. :lol

Annual passholders get 10-20% off. Makes it worth it rather than buying from SS direct and paying for shipping if you live in CA like I do. I will be there this Force Friday and on Labor Day. I'll report back. I want to see if they have the new FX Rey Saber with removable blade.

Here's some pictures I took of the Hot Toys, Sideshow, Gentle Giant, and Anovos figures and props at Disneyland last week.

They also had the new Rey lightsaber available and I bought one. Had it shipped home as it was way too big. Got to handle a sample and it was heavier than I expected. Very nice piece!

fd5078b387d568fcd90a97e786aed1e6.jpg

e24f53ac545b43b4664fdc53ca2e0204.jpg

c53b013b6f019e5f4345324c6efc2b0a.jpg

1bf1140d2643cb035bcea5401ab1692b.jpg

c798d02572caf8b0e856cc6fd583bce2.jpg

3540d7050023f61dece196ece3d03ee4.jpg

9b9da3a790d8e401c2d7cdab85535626.jpg

3dfa6f29d4441225a6bcd2443b9481ec.jpg

For real yeah? [emoji50] Darn pricing at Disney for these!

At least it gives you a first hand look at these figures if you're debating on them. Seeing Yoda here I thought he looked really good. A lot of figures I haven't seen in person looked great, and I ended up buying Threepio to go with my HT R2. I didn't mind buying just one I really wanted to make it special. Took it all over Disneyland during the day before we went back to the hotel for a break.

However if you're looking for something small and cheap for a quick purchase, they have the Life-Size Yoda:

9d4219d4b1cf080605debf5f7bfdf0d5.jpg

Here's some pictures I took of the Hot Toys, Sideshow, Gentle Giant, and Anovos figures and props at Disneyland last week.

They also had the new Rey lightsaber available and I bought one. Had it shipped home as it was way too big. Got to handle a sample and it was heavier than I expected. Very nice piece!

What new Rey lightsaber is that? An FX one?

What new Rey lightsaber is that? An FX one?

Yeah it's a new FX lightsaber that released on Force Friday. Its sold only at the Disney Parks, but I think you can also order it by calling Delivears I believe. It might even be on the Disney Parks merchandise app.

It's great because unlike the recent Hasbro Black Series lightsabers, this one has a removable blade, display stand, belt clip, and wall mount for displaying.

95aff55c22de4efd8866a650ef868274.jpg

Hmm, that's interesting. The removable blade is a very nice selling point.

Would love to see some pics of the hilt.

The non-removable blades are the only reason I passed on all the recent Black Series lightsabers. I'd really like a Vader (preferably ESB/RO), Kylo, and Luke (ANH or ESB) in this style by Disney.

Sorry for the not-so-great picture, but tomorrow in natural light I can get some better ones. Don't mind the stickers by the way, I gotta take those off:

1917f70100cc24ae759ec6326f237d09.jpg

That looks really nice.

I have a few sabers, but I got the majority of mine from Ultra Sabers back in 2009 I believe it was. I have a RotS Anakin, ANH Vader and then a custom made hilt. The stuff they (Ultra Sabers) put out now is amazing.

So Rey uses Anakin's/Luke's saber then it looks like?

That looks really nice.

I have a few sabers, but I got the majority of mine from Ultra Sabers back in 2009 I believe it was. I have a RotS Anakin, ANH Vader and then a custom made hilt. The stuff they (Ultra Sabers) put out now is amazing.

So Rey uses Anakin's/Luke's saber then it looks like?

Nice! I've seen pictures of Ultra Sabers and they look great. I hear they're good for people that like dueling with them as they're made to be durable. At least that's what I heard.

Yeah, it's basically the Skywalker lightsaber, although there were some changes made to it in TFA. I can't remember all of them, but for one the knob is missing on the TFA version when it was there in ESB. I just think the reason is that it broke off when it fell down the Cloud City chasm. I read that neither this Disney saber nor the Black Series version are completely accurate to the movie though, but it doesn't bother me.

Wow they essentially add the cost of shipping into the figure price..? That's so lame.

Nice pics though! I actually got the Hasbro Anakin FX saber with removable blade before hey stopped making them about 3 years ago. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get Vader. I hope they make Vader soon. I passed on all the black series because of that.

I was there today, I took a few photos I'll post but they actually took the figures just put them on the shelf. Yesterday I was surprised they had all their weapons and were untouched, today C-3PO is missing fingers, and all the figures were robbed of their accessories except the stormtrooper with the shield. I kinda saw that coming.

Back