Sideshow and Hot toys figures at Disneyland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup - saw this when I was at Disneyland a couple weeks ago......it made little sense (for me) to buy it there. Especially since I am from Northern California and flew in for this trip. Carrying the box on the shuttles, through the airport, and on the plane along with other luggage? Big fat NOPE. I have heard that Disney will ship items to your home, but if I'm having things shipped to my home, why not just order from Sideshow and get the points? But I did get a super sweet BB-8 drink bottle from Pizza Port and a "Chewie....we're home" shirt from that little store when you get off Space Mountain. I was a happy dude.

Nonetheless it was really cool to see the toys on display - they have them behind a really nice glass case and the figures look exceptional. They also sell some Sideshow figures and had the Luke X-Wing fighter and Han Solo Hoth figures on display and for sale. Sideshow has upped their game (and their price) but those are nice looking figures too. But damn that Luke Skywalker from Hot Toys is amazing.

They also had a full stormtrooper costume available to purchase for $9,999.99 for anyone interested...

Awesome! Sounds like a great time. I can imagine that their HT are indeed behind glass cases and probably look awesome on display. Bet they probably draw a lot of looks from people.

And Pizza Port is still there? I remember that being new back in the day when I was there for my 8th grade graduation class Disneyland trip. :lol

I am at Disneyland right now. Once I go back into the launch bay I will post a current photo of their sideshow hot toys stock and try to get some prices. Are any of you going to be here this week as well? Let me know if you want me to find a specific figure or item and I will let you know.

I am at Disneyland right now. Once I go back into the launch bay I will post a current photo of their sideshow hot toys stock and try to get some prices. Are any of you going to be here this week as well? Let me know if you want me to find a specific figure or item and I will let you know.

Nice! I was just looking for some photos and videos this past couple of weeks, but couldn't find much. Some general overall pictures would be nice. Though I was wondering about the Hot Toys and Sideshow Vader figures.

Didn't see this thread until now - this was the HT GG SSC area in the WDW Launch Bay on my trip this August-

image.jpg

If i worked there no one would get served.I'd just be messing with the figures all day.

It's cool to see all that stuff but that's basically the gift shop after you've walked through this amazing presentation of props and costumed characters...it's almost too much the first time. :lol
I'll post some more pics of the exhibit stuff later if people are interested (sort of off topic here).

Is this the reason HT does run after run of the main characters?

I can imagine it is difficult to explain to the people at Disney that you only do one run and then let the lucky buyers reap the benefits when the product runs scarce. "-That's just how it's done, lonely forty year olds sitting at home polishing their figures will be very upset if the figure doesn't sell out."

It's cool to see all that stuff but that's basically the gift shop after you've walked through this amazing presentation of props and costumed characters...it's almost too much the first time. :lol
I'll post some more pics of the exhibit stuff later if people are interested (sort of off topic here).

Good to see you on the boards, I'd noticed you had taken an extended leave of absence. Hope everything is good.

Didn't see this thread until now - this was the HT GG SSC area in the WDW Launch Bay on my trip this August-

View attachment 292603

That's pretty close to how it looked when I was there at the end of August, just the last cabinet on the right was different. Instead of the TIE Pilot it was a Snow Trooper and Kylo was replaced by a Heavy Gunner and regular First Order Stormtrooper. Of course, seeing all of those beautiful figures and the costumes beforehand I had to have one! I wish Kylo Ren was still there when I went, but I did also really want the First Order Stormtrooper. It was $225 in case anyone was wondering, and for some reason I thought it was sold out at Sideshow so I didn't give it a second thought, even though I had to take the display model and box since it was the only one left.

That's pretty close to how it looked when I was there at the end of August, just the last cabinet on the right was different. Instead of the TIE Pilot it was a Snow Trooper and Kylo was replaced by a Heavy Gunner and regular First Order Stormtrooper. Of course, seeing all of those beautiful figures and the costumes beforehand I had to have one! I wish Kylo Ren was still there when I went, but I did also really want the First Order Stormtrooper. It was $225 in case anyone was wondering, and for some reason I thought it was sold out at Sideshow so I didn't give it a second thought, even though I had to take the display model and box since it was the only one left.

Thanks for the giving price info on the regular FO Stormtrooper. Was wondering about prices at Disney. Did you happen to see what the price was for the Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper?

Whats with the scalper prices down there? Universal's prices for HT figs make me laugh.

If I recall correctly it was $240, I believe everything was $20 more than Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again Ryan. I'm hoping there's still a good selection when we go to Disneyland again.

I think the higher prices are due to it being sold at the Disney Parks. I've noticed that even the Hasbro figures are more expensive than normal retail prices.

Back