Premium Format Sideshow amazing spider-man 2 collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would have to be a pf I think, given the sloppy paint apps on that Spidey comi

Not sure if that's really a reason why this would have to be a PF but yeah, my Spidey Com has just one line that I wish was painted better. Other than that, it ain't absolutely perfect but it's actually painted quite nicely.

Finally! Something I've been waiting to hear! 1/4 statues and dioramas would be SOOOOO awesome!

Speaking of which, could anyone explain why the SS Spidey statues from the older Spidey trilogy (like Spidey vs venom vs sandman, spidey statue and venom statue (where the character was leaning on the wall)) seem much cheaper than the other Spidey statues (like iron Spidey and back in black Spidey comiquette)?

Finally! Something I've been waiting to hear! 1/4 statues and dioramas would be SOOOOO awesome!

Speaking of which, could anyone explain why the SS Spidey statues from the older Spidey trilogy (like Spidey vs venom vs sandman, spidey statue and venom statue (where the character was leaning on the wall)) seem much cheaper than the other Spidey statues (like iron Spidey and back in black Spidey comiquette)?

Smaller scale I think is possibly the reason and spider-man 3 not being widely loved

The ASM2 suit looks just like the comic...

Actually it doesn't. The biggest difference is the Spider logo is different on both sides. The comic version has a fat red spider. The soles on the boots are showing on the movie version. There are other minor differences.

Not sure it was absolutely confirmed this will be a PF, but on Statue Forum someone with inside info dropped hints that pretty much said this will be a PF, without actually saying it is.

He also said it will be entirely cut and sew (fabric), including the fingers of the gloves and the boots, which is rarely if ever the case with PFs. The eyes will be inserts. This will be interesting, but he said those details could change.

I don't mind fabric at all, but I think being similar to the existing Spidey PF would be a good way to go. But they seem confident enough with their recent cloth entries to do a fully fabric Spider-Man. We'll see.

Actually it doesn't. The biggest difference is the Spider logo is different on both sides. The comic version has a fat red spider. The soles on the boots are showing on the movie version. There are other minor differences.

So no differences normal people would notice.

Not sure it was absolutely confirmed this will be a PF, but on Statue Forum someone with inside info dropped hints that pretty much said this will be a PF, without actually saying it is.

He also said it will be entirely cut and sew (fabric), including the fingers of the gloves and the boots, which is rarely if ever the case with PFs. The eyes will be inserts. This will be interesting, but he said those details could change.

I don't mind fabric at all, but I think being similar to the existing Spidey PF would be a good way to go. But they seem confident enough with their recent cloth entries to do a fully fabric Spider-Man. We'll see.

When you think of it if another pf of spiderman did come out fabric is probably a safe bet.
I still remember the fiasco with sloppy lines on Spider womans web.
Will definitely keep my eyes out for this since I missed getting the comm.

So no differences normal people would notice.

I think anyone spending $400 (likely more by the time it comes out), will compare it to the comic Spidey and notice :dunno If they don't care that's another story. I love the new design BECAUSE it's so close to the comics but the Spider Logo is VERY different on both sides for the movie version.

Might be best to wait till seeing the film if it sucks the. The value will probably drop that being said would be great to put spidey in with my movie avengers :)

A 1/4 scale PF Spidey with cloth outfit is probably right on the top of my list of wants. This could be amazing if done with the proper materials and pose.

I hope it's revealed soon.

I think anyone spending $400 (likely more by the time it comes out), will compare it to the comic Spidey and notice :dunno If they don't care that's another story. I love the new design BECAUSE it's so close to the comics but the Spider Logo is VERY different on both sides for the movie version.

Yeah, it's definitely nicely inspired by the comic costume, but it's NOT the same as the comic costume, not in the way that in the 1st Superman movie, that IS the costume from the comic.

The web pattern is different, the webs are squares that triangulate towards the middle, not the rounded segments of the comic. The Spider Symbol sits on the lower chest and extends down his stomach, the comic version is confined to the middle of the chest. The back spider symbol is completely different. The belt has 2 horizontal black lines, the comic typically has just 1. Overall the average consumer probably wouldn't notice, and the average collector wouldn't care. Spider-Fans will know the difference, just like anyone who can differentiate Iron Man's comic and movie armors.

Might be best to wait till seeing the film if it sucks the. The value will probably drop that being said would be great to put spidey in with my movie avengers :)

Possibly, but the "quality" of the Sucker Punch movie did nothing against the value of those staues... I think even if ASM2 sucks, if the statue is nice, it's close enough to the comic version people will still go for it just to have a quality 1/4 Spider-Man, something a lot of people want. Spider-Man 3 sucked, saying this as a die hard Spider-Fan, but there was some nice product that came out of it. As it is, ASM2 looks like it will be "ok", not bad at all, certainly not great, but "ok".

Back