Sideshow ALIENS Queen and Egg Chamber Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Production Sneak - Alien Queen Dio?

It looks great so far! I was hoping it would be in 1/6 scale, but realistically it would be gigantic and the price would be beyond my reach. I'm hoping they space out this and the 1:4 ALIEN. I've only got room for one $500+ piece...and at the moment that slot is reserved for the 1:4 ALIEN.

I'm not actively collecting Alien stuff anymore, but this is very intriguing. Why do I get the feeling it'll be close to $800?

Awww too bad it's not 1/6 scale. But it looks awesome either way!

I can't friggin wait to see more of this!!!

It kind of just hit me today that we are getting another queen diorama. And not in a good way. I know most fans would prefer the option of buying this eggsack-laden version. But personally, I already own the first queen diorama, am very pleased with it, and would prefer not to be offered a rehash.

What I really wanted to see SS take a stab at, was the Space Jockey. So I am a bit disappointed they chose the queen yet again. Oh well, at least I still have the Alien maquette to look forward to.

I'm ALL FOR this new Queen dio.

I think it's what Sideshow should have done in the first place.

I'm not going to complain about another Queen dio though.

This one is definately different enough that I don't see it as a rehash.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm just wondering if it'll be closer to $500 or $1k. It looks to be extremely elaborate.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm just wondering if it'll be closer to $500 or $1k. It looks to be extremely elaborate.

Considering that the "non-egg" version already cost $400, I have a hard time seeing this below the $600 (optimistic) price point... probably more...

Considering that the "non-egg" version already cost $400, I have a hard time seeing this below the $600 (optimistic) price point... probably more...

I'd be happy if this was $600. That would be awesome, but I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for it if I have to. It looks like it might be the ultimate queen alien collectible.

I'm thinking $800, its sorta like the price is right.

I think it's what Sideshow should have done in the first place.

This one is definately different enough that I don't see it as a rehash.

That, for me is part of the rub. If you, or others feel this is the queen SS should have done in the first place, why were we given the queen which we were? Aside from the fact that the duo could have made an incredible display, but my Ripley came all wonky eyed and most of my power loader parts did not match up correctly, and of course I had to send her back so now only have a queen. Quite disappointing. Although the queen does rock, and one representation of her is good enough for me right now. I actually prefer her in the action stance, rather than tethered to the eggsack unable to move. I know collectors have wanted this new representation for years, and I'm glad those of you interested will have the option. But, for me, I have longed for a decent representation of the Space Jockey. While I do have the palisades version, and feel the HCG was unworthy of a purchase, I've always wanted to see what SS would do with it. Maybe even including some of the back wall! A boy could dream, right?

I totally respect your amazing Alien collection Sabres, just saying I don't need another queen so soon after the last one.

I'm afraid this is going to be pushing the 1k mark, unless they do the piece in sections, which I don't see happening. If everything we saw in the preview is included, it's going to be costly. I'm very happy I don't desire this piece, because saving for the Alien maquette is enough for my stretched resources at the moment.

I'd be happy if this was $600. That would be awesome, but I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for it if I have to. It looks like it might be the ultimate queen alien collectible.

Again, good luck with that price point. With SS's rising prices, which are undoubtedly necessary I know, and the intricacy of this piece, I really don't see it. I remember all the conjecture on the price of the eFX McVader helmet at the end of last year, with myself hoping that it would come in around the $500-$600 mark. It was ultimately previewed with a price tag of $900, and I still ordered.

If you want something badly enough, and the quality of the product is there to warrant the price, go for it...

:D

That, for me is part of the rub. If you, or others feel this is the queen SS should have done in the first place, why were we given the queen which we were? Aside from the fact that the duo could have made an incredible display, but my Ripley came all wonky eyed and most of my power loader parts did not match up correctly, and of course I had to send her back so now only have a queen. Quite disappointing. Although the queen does rock, and one representation of her is good enough for me right now. I actually prefer her in the action stance, rather than tethered to the eggsack unable to move. I know collectors have wanted this new representation for years, and I'm glad those of you interested will have the option. But, for me, I have longed for a decent representation of the Space Jockey. While I do have the palisades version, and feel the HCG was unworthy of a purchase, I've always wanted to see what SS would do with it. Maybe even including some of the back wall! A boy could dream, right?

I totally respect your amazing Alien collection Sabres, just saying I don't need another queen so soon after the last one.

Thanks for the compliment.

And I totally see your point of view and understand why you feel that way.

I'm just one of those collectors that likes as many versions of these characters as I can get and others are willing to make.

There have been SO MANY versions of the Queen in walking/attack mode, that that version seems way over done.

For me, the Queen w/ Eggsack is such an iconic moment in the series, that it's always truly deserved a well done collectible. I've got the old AEF version, and while it's an amazing piece, it's very small.

So, this larger version will not only be incredibly accurate (based on what I've seen so far) but a damn impressive display piece as well.

Here's my AEF piece by the way...

100_0739.jpg

Again, good luck with that price point. With SS's rising prices, which are undoubtedly necessary I know, and the intricacy of this piece, I really don't see it. I remember all the conjecture on the price of the eFX McVader helmet at the end of last year, with myself hoping that it would come in around the $500-$600 mark. It was ultimately previewed with a price tag of $900, and I still ordered.

If you want something badly enough, and the quality of the product is there to warrant the price, go for it...

:D

Thanks. I will be buying this anyway.

Thanks for the compliment.

And I totally see your point of view and understand why you feel that way.

I'm just one of those collectors that likes as many versions of these characters as I can get and others are willing to make.

There have been SO MANY versions of the Queen in walking/attack mode, that that version seems way over done.

For me, the Queen w/ Eggsack is such an iconic moment in the series, that it's always truly deserved a well done collectible. I've got the old AEF version, and while it's an amazing piece, it's very small.

So, this larger version will not only be incredibly accurate (based on what I've seen so far) but a damn impressive display piece as well.

Here's my AEF piece by the way...

100_0739.jpg

This is gonna be around the 1k mark without a doubt. Hopfully they can throw in a little Alien Warrior like that in the finial dio.

This is gonna be around the 1k mark without a doubt. Hopfully they can throw in a little Alien Warrior like that in the finial dio.

Cool thing is that if she is the same scale as the other queen, then the Neca Aliens figs are in scale with her. :naughty You can see pics of mine with some figs in the old Queen dio thread for size comparisons.

You do realize that the pic you quoted of mine IS NOT the Sideshow dio right?

That's the 1:35 AEF model kit.

I can't see this being much under a grand...
I'm hoping for a translucent egg sack and Ripley and Newt as the EX!

Back