Statue Sideshow Alien Warrior Mythos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also found this description given by Sideshow:

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien is our attempt at a Xenomorph because our attempts at film accuracy hasn’t worked out too well. To add to the confusion, we’ve put a cat on the base. Is it Jonesy, is it a junkyard cat, is it the Cat in the Hat? Who knows..., we just thought, ahhh hell with it. Giger is rolling over right about now, but we’re cool with that. Add this plastic overpriced piece to your collection today and don’t worry about that Prime 1 stuff."

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien is our attempt at a Xenomorph because our attempts at film accuracy hasn’t worked out too well. To add to the confusion, we’ve put a cat on the base. Is it Jonesy, is it a junkyard cat, is it the Cat in the Hat? Who knows..., we just thought, ahhh hell with it. Giger is rolling over right about now, but we’re cool with that. Add this plastic overpriced piece to your collection today and don’t worry about that Prime 1 stuff."

Seriously laughing my ass off here :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :hi5:

I died

So...It's an alien warrior, from alien, that was born and dies onboard the Nostromo, but is now on LV-426 where it never set foot, with a cat that never left the ship and would die on that plane at that point in time. Genius.
Make Ripley and stop making this ****e.

Wow this thing is Awesome!!! Can't wait to add it to my collection.. This is exactly why I downsized my collection.. So I can have pieces like this to fawn over with out being overwhelmed by other pieces. Great job SSC!!!

18485898.jpg

It's the ape alien. With extra arms. How many arms are there? I am unable to count them all

Sideshow has lost the plot in a major way with this mess. Do they not test out various designs with actual fans before approving what gets made? The stubby dorsal pipes, weird monkey hand-feet, extraneous limbs, ugly base with inexplicable Jonesy inclusion, etc. Yikes. The only thing that's kind of cool is the ridged head with skull-face visible through the dome.

And they have the nerve to say it's based loosely on Giger's big chap. Are they trying to drive people to Prime 1, CoolProps, and the like? Because it's working. :lol

That´s not Big Chap..thats Big Ape.
To look on this thing is like watching a traffic accident...you don´t wanna see all the details..but you must look on it.:slap

“Because Sideshow” has never been more appropriate, I’ve not bought anything from SS for years and they aren’t doing anything to change that, what the hell has happened to them, their older pieces from 5/10 years ago were great , not anymore

“Because Sideshow” has never been more appropriate, I’ve not bought anything from SS for years and they aren’t doing anything to change that, what the hell has happened to them, their older pieces from 5/10 years ago were great , not anymore

That's so worth me re-posting the meme we adopted . . .

image.png

And they have the nerve to say it's based loosely on Giger's big chap. Are they trying to drive people to Prime 1, CoolProps, and the like? Because it's working. :lol
I'm pretty sure people will cancel every alien that are coming from those companies to buy this one.

I like alternate versions of the original designs. I remember the Capcom arcade Aliens vs Predator which had fantastic alternate alien designs.

But this one... what's this one? It's like they had thrown random alien pieces at Zbrush

Back