Statue Sideshow Alien Warrior Mythos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This price is why ss should go out of business, this is atrocious! Absolutely crap!

WTF-meme.jpg

Honestly, HTF did this thing get greenlit, and WTF has happened to Sideshow's design department?

Looking at this...thing...honestly, I can't even. :monkey4

I like this piece but it makes me very nervous. I bought that other recent Alien Warrior 'statue' from Sideshow and it was primarily PVC and the tail was a gazillion feet long. I love this design and pose, but for that price, if it's PVC I'm done with Sideshow.

I talked to them yesterday and for now the material list is not yet defined and can't be confirmed. They won't reveal it for now...
Hopefully it will be something else than plastic / PVC stuff...

I talked to them yesterday and for now the material list is not yet defined and can't be confirmed. They won't reveal it for now...
Hopefully it will be something else than plastic / PVC stuff...

I'm betting PVC.

It would then make perfect sense that they won't tell anyone . . . they are hoping to get some idiots to preorder before they find out.

Sadshow really HAVE lost it - and that's even more true for anyone that DOES preorder (or ultimately order!) it.

Because_Sideshow_99_meme.jpg

Does it matter what it's made of? Lol. Is there a way to make this orderable?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Does it matter what it's made of? Lol. Is there a way to make this orderable?

Yes, it really does matter. If it were made of polystone and a bit larger scale with different design elements then it would at least be a debatable. As it stands, it’s a plastic overpriced pile of xenomorph poo... so it’s a big pass by many.

Yes, it really does matter. If it were made of polystone and a bit larger scale with different design elements then it would at least be a debatable. As it stands, it’s a plastic overpriced pile of xenomorph poo... so it’s a big pass by many.
I hear you but....im not seeing an amount of turd polish that would put this into the realm of desirability. If it was made of silver it's value would be exactly equal it's material and not a penny more.

What your saying is: if it was bigger, looked better, made of different materials and cost less it would be good. This is beyond just "poly vs vinyl". Lol.
'If this was a totally different statue it may be good!'

You'd think polystone was marble and pvc was the antichrist by the way people carry on about it - completely oblivious to the fact they are both made of resin.
I've got 25 year old halcyon pvc kits that are still perfect and the "sideshow lean" is prevalent as ever with polystone...

Vinyl used to be known for softer details and stability issues but that only applied to older garage kits. There was a small amount of shrinkage if you compared the exact same resin kit to the vinyl counterpart. They've come pretty far with technology. I still think polystone would fare better in the sun than vinyl but who's gonna be leaving these things out in the sun anyway?

I have Skeletor from SS and the skull on his staff that is made from a soft PVC is leaning at about a 30 degree angle now. So please keep going on about how great it is...

PVC is fine (even great) if it's used correctly and if the statue is built correctly. We've seen polystone statues that have developed a lean also. If the statue has proper support and the structure is built well, it won't lean.

In saying that, I think it definitely has it's use, but I wouldn't like an entire statue made from it. I don't see a need to make an entire Alien statue in PVC when they have shown they can make a great one out of polystone.

I like it when it's used for certain parts, like when Blitzway use it for their ultra realistic headsculpts. It definitely provides better fine details than polystone.

Also would like to say, it wouldn't matter if this statue was made out of marble, it would still be garbage. The design is crap and something nobody wanted (or wants).

Back