Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow have DC License!

As long as they make PF, I will buy all , haha I am so exciting to get the batman pf !!! Way to go Ss!!

5 words--

Premium Format Alex Ross Superman

Superman_Ross_007.jpg

____ Alex Ross. That's right I said it. He is beyond overrated and it's a little ridiculous that people go to him as the ideal almost as much as they go to Jim Lee or even the way they used to gush over McGuinness.

Give me Dan Jurgens or John Byrne every single day of the week over Ross.

Superman_First_02.jpg

this is terrible news! i can barely afford my marvel addictions and now your telling me I am going to have to buy these now too!?

They've actually got a comic line that I believe officially debuted with "Friend" and seems to be expanded to a couple of recently announced Japanese characters I've never seen before. But there's no real evidence that they want to do U.S.-based comic characters.

DC comic characters was what I meant. I fully expect them to continue producing DC movie figures, and I expect Sideshow to take up the comic incarnations. I don't see any reason for there to be a conflict of interest between the two companies.

Boy oh boy, this is too much. There isnt enough room (or money) for the stuff we are going to have to buy. Gonna have to sell a lot of stuff to make room for DC goodness.

____ Alex Ross. That's right I said it. He is beyond overrated and it's a little ridiculous that people go to him as the ideal almost as much as they go to Jim Lee or even the way they used to gush over McGuinness.

Give me Dan Jurgens or John Byrne every single day of the week over Ross.

Superman_First_02.jpg

____ john byrne, too. Curt Swan is the definitive Superman artist.

Swan%2BMay%2B77.jpg

Are we sure the 1/6 figures aren't the Hot Toys ones they've been distributing?? (Sorry, didn't read the press release or anything) :lol

This news still has my jaw on the floor thinking of possibilities. It will be really interesting to see which items Sideshow releases first.

Hopefully they waste time on figures/statues from the Superman line first, if they fire out anything from the Batman line this year it's going to be brutal financially considering all the great pieces rolling out in Q3 & Q4.

____ john byrne, too. Curt Swan is the definitive Superman artist.

Swan is a given. But he is at a level like Gil Kane or Bob Kane or even Neil Adams where it's uncomparable.

Are we sure the 1/6 figures aren't the Hot Toys ones they've been distributing?? (Sorry, didn't read the press release or anything) :lol

According to the press released and confirmed by our own Darklord Dave, it's original 1:6 creations.

Hot toys can do the movie line. sideshow pick up the comic line, there's money to be made.

I don't really care which artist representation they commit to as long as it isn't the reboot garbage Didio & Lee is forcing down everyones throat.

Taking away the 52 alternate Earths & then bringing them back then they decide to reboot?! What the ____ is the other 51 alternate Earths for then?! Make an Earth 1 line like Marvel did with the Ultimate universe. And if you look closely at the rebooted DC's costumes & art style, it's all Image influenced because of Lee.

Back