Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow have DC License!

Just when I thought about getting out of collecting for awhile sideshow pulls me back with this announcement.

It's probably in the same line as there G.I.Joe 12" figure line. When they mention 12" figures it's not statues. I doubt we will see any 1/6 scale statues unless it's a Diorama line

I know they're probably going to create 1/6 figures like their G.I. Joe, but I'm wondering if they do that will they stop carrying Hot Toys because that could possibly lower their own 1/6 scale figures sales.

Very cool. I could see myself grabbing a couple of very nice Batman and Superman items. :rock

Does this mean Sideshow is letting their Marvel license lapse? I can't imagine them having both DC and Marvel.

Disney is capable of producing high end statues and art prints. I wonder how long it will be before they take over the Marvel collectibles business.

I know they're probably going to create 1/6 figures like their G.I. Joe, but I'm wondering if they do that will they stop carrying Hot Toys because that could possibly lower their own 1/6 scale figures sales.

Nope. Why would they drop Hot Toys when they make money distributing them? HT doesn't have a DC comics license. They pick up individual film licenses (Marvel being the 1 exception) and some of those just happen to be based on DC comic characters. This won't change anything other than what Sideshow will be making.

I'll take a comic book Batman Premium Format, switch out Bruce Wayne Portrait please.

And if it's not asking too much, Black cape & cowl preference.

I'm about broke...but I will find that money.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'd love to see:

• '66 Batman figures based on the TV show (dreaming, I know)
  • Bob Kane's original Bats with the long ears and no yellow on the chest logo
  • Curt Swan Supes
  • Rorschach!

The title of this thread is grammatically incorrect. It triggers my OCD.

It didn't stop them from importing and distributing Medicom for their Star Wars line. Plus DC Direct sold their own figures and then Hot Toys, this in theory would be the same thing.

This is an addition to the Sideshow library not a replacement of Marvel or even Hot Toys. Until we hear otherwise assuming against the status quo is simple Chicken Little behavior

It didn't stop them from importing and distributing Medicom for their Star Wars line. Plus DC Direct sold their own figures and then Hot Toys, this in theory would be the same thing.

This is an addition to the Sideshow library not a replacement of Marvel or even Hot Toys. Until we hear otherwise assuming against the status quo is simple Chicken Little behavior

Isn't this for comic versions anyway? Or are both the comic and film versions the same license?

Someone said they have a deal for the film library with WB too I think. I'd be all over a Clark figure from the 'Ville.

Back