Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all of the comics have been great, in my opinion. Let's just not judge the movie until it comes out. I just don't want to see this turn into a SS owners vs. HT future-owners. We're all fans of the character, regardless. Different people like different versions of the same characters. I was on the fence with the SS one. Then I saw it in person and I liked what I saw and was going to buy it. Then the HT one was revealed and I absolutely love that one and have changed my mind on the SS one. Doesn't mean that SS version owners are less fans than I am, just means HT is putting out a version of the character that I find more appealing to purchase. These things are expensive, not everyone can have both, so people will have to choose. As long as everyone is happy with their choice, then everybody wins!

J

You're right. I'm not discussing the quality of the figures or the movie here. I'm just surprised to see people chosing HT's Deadpool over SSC's before watching the movie. I find it's a risky bet. I love the trailers/teasers I've seen so far and I think the movie will be good, but I've been disappointed by comic movies lately. In the meantime, one already knows if they like Deadpool comics or not.

Now, I have and like SSC's Deadpool but I might well trade it for a HT if I like the movie. And if HT's is not like $300 with an empty box... In two years or so.

There's nothing risky about buying a figure that you think looks great and really captures the spirit of a character you love. People bought the SS version not because it was affiliated with a film or comic bit because they liked the 'Deadpool' aspects. The HT version looks even better than that for ne and will be THE Deadpool figure to own, regardless of how good or bad the film will be.

That said, I'm confident that the team will make the film the best it can be and it will be awesome :)

Yeah that does look great. I never liked all that stuff of the SS one.I like my Deadpool lean.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments. :)

Have you guys noticed the guns' magazines are actually removable?

Useless but still a cool feature.

Looks great, Iam_Dabatman. :) Great poses, too.

I removed the over sleeves on mine as well last week. Might still bulk up the arms a bit, but it does look "cleaner" this way.

Thank you! And thanks for showing the way. I wouldn't have done it otherwise. :hi5:

Yeah, how did you get all of that stuff off without damaging the suit?

I did as Agonistes described a few pages back. Pulled on the shoulderpads while holding the kind of plate inside the suit, and cut the straps as close as possible to the stitching, then removed the remains with a tweezer. I noticed on my pics below there were still some threads.

Great pics!

What did you do with the holes on the shoulders from removing the armor?

Thanks! I inserted small pieces of black cloth underneath. The holes are here but they don't show too much from a distance.

I can't tell which one I like... Hot Toys or Sideshow. I don't own any Hot Tays Marvel figures, and the Sideshow is the first of its line. Decisions, decisions. I guess the deal breaker would be a unmasked sculpt from Hot Toys, and some lifelike weapons.

Got Tony Mei's suit in the mail yesterday. Allows for MUCH more pose-ability:

2031cf039f6c7824811f1ab17f47cdfa.jpg

7f3e617813b5ce8bc39759a605f480f1.jpg

98dc3f25ece28b01e19ad5c41a2cd134.jpg

98fb3d333f29b5a4e51a78a5b8f12ce0.jpg

9587e4bcca3f70d03c833e2c174cc5c3.jpg

95f59822ec8b835c033e43ffc8b99d57.jpg

16cce0ef8f5c5f0c06fb67962f4d4446.jpg

332f2bc1486dfc185d444bb5e2e70133.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to "weather" the suit, as it is bright red vs the weathered head and other parts of the SS stuff. Major thumbs up over the SS original suit.

I'm the opposite. Looks like Deadpool is out in his pajamas. It also gives him giraffe neck in those pics. Sorry but not a fan of that custom suit at all. The modded SS looks much better imo.

That looks AWESOME, Craig! I love it!

Thanks

I'm the opposite. Looks like Deadpool is out in his pajamas. It also gives him giraffe neck in those pics. Sorry but not a fan of that custom suit at all. The modded SS looks much better imo.

It's too bright, hence your dislike maybe? I disagree on the SS outfit. WAY too thick. *It* is what looks like a pajamas onesie IMO.

I darkened/weathered Tony's below, maybe you'll dig this:

Last edited:
It's not photographing as good as it looks....

Let me try my good camera.

EDIT: Here we go, this is closer to what it looks like in person. Articulation is no comparison.

412037661.jpg

Last edited:
Back