Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for you all that have received this guy. Im newer to collecting 1/6 figures, and have only gotten Hot Toys to this point. How does the quality compare? He looks great, but just want to see if everyone is happy with their purchase to this point. Thanks in advance!

If you're expecting HT quality, this is not it; however, I do own a few sideshow pieces and this is quite a good one. I'm happy to get this figure into my collection, but was not happy with what I had to pay for it. It's overpriced by about $60 IMO.

If you're one of those who are considering passing on this figure for a possible HT version, I wouldn't let this one pass you up. I think this is the only mass produced Deadpool we will see for quite some time, if at all.

Definitely glad everyone seems happy with theirs. The only thing I'm not super into is the way they handled the pouch/sword/knife clips. Outside of those hes pretty great. The new neck peg seems like an odd choice though it does make changing the heads super quick and easy, which for this figure is probably a positive with how easy all of the pouches would have fallen off if you had to change heads like most 1/6 figures.

The figure is really great the only nitpicking thing I have about it is the cheap little clasps that hold the pouches on super hard to work with They fall off incredibly easy. Other than that for me I was really impressed with sideshow on this one, gives me hope for the future releases

There isn't anything wrong with the pouches they look great it's just the little metal clip on the back that holds them on to the strap they just don't squeeze down enough. But once posed they are fine just messing around with it they kept falling off left and right drove me nuts
nfh0s5.jpg

Yeah, nothing really wrong, just a little frustration with them. The pouches are nicely detailed, I think 8 variants. Are very tidy looking and not furry with velcro or the way you used to thread the pouches with older Hot Toys. There's just like 20 of them with the swords, knife and grenades clipping onto the straps the same way... I'm pretty sure going to lose something on this guy one day.

Loving the ease of swapping heads. He also comes with enough ball joints for all the additional hands. Which socket do you guys prefer removing when swapping out hands? Should I just be keeping those as spares or put them on each hand and swap out the wrist joint as well?

I think the blades are metal, and there's even a metal rod in the pistol, but I don't quite get that yet. Hmmm, can the clips be removed?

He's cool enough to make me think about the Punisher though...

So.....I don't have a big problem with the $18 shipping **until** it is now OFD in KY instead of Miss. :mad::gah:

On the phone with UPS...

^^damn that sucks, hope you get it sorted asap.

sure its takin a min for retailer to get anyone see it instock anywhere, assuming ss will have it instock first correct?

Sorry for poor quality pics

here's my Deadpool, i'm happy to have it, it's very good 1/6 figure
but not good enough, then i did some custom to make it better

i took off the red shirt, it made better movement of the arms
and also i want to fix the neck problem

i don't know what's that call in english, i saw most of deadpool had it on his neck
but not this figure, so i made one :)

and i don't like how it hold the katana, then i use my way to make it better :p
enjoy :) C&C 're welcome :)
View attachment 221397

I like everything you have done with it, how troublesome was it to take the undershirt out?
Having a black collar really helps with the shift between the red jumpsuit and the mask.

Great work, mate :clap

Well, I'm not too thrilled with SS. Live chat and originally they were basically like "oh well" about any compensation for the delay. Which will be into next week at best.

After she first threatening to close my account and all pre-orders with them [over $1000] she offered me free shipping on my next item.

How about doing that to start with??

Last edited:
Well, I'm not too thrilled with SS. Live chat and originally they were basically like "oh well" about any compensation for the delay. Which will be into next week at best.

After threatening to close my account and all pre-orders with them [over $1000] she offered me free shipping on my next item.

Damn that sucks Craig! Nothing worse then an extra delay when you've already waited forever for a figure :slap

Mine showed up at the office today and the first thing I did was shake off all the loose pouches into the box so I dont lose them on this brown carpet. One of his knee pads was upside down, so I had to take the foot and gaiter off, which was pretty simple. This is the first SS/HT figure I've left on my desk to play around with for the rest of the day. Normally they go back in the box after examination.

After threatening to close my account and all pre-orders with them [over $1000] she offered me free shipping on my next item.

Why/how did that come come up?

I asked for rewards points, refund on shipping, anything ....and she was basically like "nope". I then said "well maybe I just won't buy from you anymore". She threw out "well we can refund all your deposits before we close your account". I replied back "do you really want to lose over $1000, on a whim? Are you a manager?" She countered w free shipping next time. Go figure.

Back