Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be such a fun figure. Just wish it was, oh, about $80 cheaper, which is what it feels like it is worth to me.

:exactly:

I love certain aspects of this figure but I know if I buy it I will try to make a comic book version of Deadpool which would require getting rid of the nice PJs SSC made for him and possibly the body among other things. That's too much to have to do for a 240.00 figure. For 160.00, even 180.00 it's justified; this price is not.

Sideshow and every other company (if not already) need consider packaging size and weight and try and keep products within limits of shipping sizes. I'm sure sometimes shipping can be minimised a bit better, especially the heights. I think the longer 1/6 boxes actually hit the next shipping size class.

Not interested in this figure at all, but wanted to LOL at Sideshow's arrogant-to-the-point-of-deranged pricing. If it sells poorly, I am sure they will not blame themselves.

Ordered the EX today but I'm still a little irritated that it looks like these Marvel figures are going to cost more than the DC figures. I wish they'd keep each line at/under $200.

Maybe they'll just raise the DC prices to match this.

Why?

Flash can't come with anything other than hands and feet. $189 or lower.

Green lantern will be a lantern, a few hands, and mane some glow **** effect -$189-$199

Now, if it's someone packed out with extras, or a massive figure like say, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Bane, or Doomsday, then yes, over $200 is understandable.

Why?

Flash can't come with anything other than hands and feet. $189 or lower.

Green lantern will be a lantern, a few hands, and mane some glow **** effect -$189-$199

Now, if it's someone packed out with extras, or a massive figure like say, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Bane, or Doomsday, then yes, over $200 is understandable.

Because I think they'll charge whatever they can get away with and prices across the board have been creeping up lately. Scout Trooper, Godzilla, Deadpool, etc.

It's amazing that people keep complaining about the prices,but people keep on buying them :lol....as long as people keep buying them,they'll keep making them (and charge the prices they want)

It's amazing that people keep complaining about the prices,but people keep on buying them :lol....as long as people keep buying them,they'll keep making them (and charge the prices they want)
Yup. No point in complaining. Best and only way to address it is to not buy it and go without. I can't really afford these, but the totality of the circumstances (for me) makes it 'worth' it. I could easily live without several other figures, but THIS is not one of them. Thank you SSC for making this figure! :yess:

That's really what it all comes down to in the end.

Exactly. The price for Deadpool isn't high enough for me to pass on it because I'm a big fan of the character. However, it is high enough for me to think twice about collecting other potential figures that may come out in the line if they keep the same price point. Same goes with the DC line. If they are going to sell for $230 each I'll be passing on quite a few, where if they kept them around $180-200 each I would buy more to complete the line.

Because I think they'll charge whatever they can get away with and prices across the board have been creeping up lately. Scout Trooper, Godzilla, Deadpool, etc.

Scout Trooper and Deadpool made sence. They are priority for a lot of fans. They sell their Clones at a lower price, and the OT troopers become the money makers. Look at the Snowtroopers 2 years ago. They were $169 each. So 2 years gained $20 for the OT troops.

The prices are going up. But, Sideshow has also increased their skills. Now, they aren't Hot Toys level, but, they do warrant a new price level.

Everyone had their limits, and I will say that I am slowly being priced out of the hobby. As long as the DC/Marvel line stays at a $189-$229 I'm fine. But once we break that, and it isn't warranted ( Doomsday, Apocolypse, Large figure or decked out figure) then I'm done.

Scout Trooper and Deadpool made sence. They are priority for a lot of fans. They sell their Clones at a lower price, and the OT troopers become the money makers. Look at the Snowtroopers 2 years ago. They were $169 each. So 2 years gained $20 for the OT troops.

The prices are going up. But, Sideshow has also increased their skills. Now, they aren't Hot Toys level, but, they do warrant a new price level.

Everyone had their limits, and I will say that I am slowly being priced out of the hobby. As long as the DC/Marvel line stays at a $189-$229 I'm fine. But once we break that, and it isn't warranted ( Doomsday, Apocolypse, Large figure or decked out figure) then I'm done.

Snowtrooper was $150.

Put an EX on order. By the time this releases in October 2015 (assuming no delays) it'll probably be considered cheap at this rate. With no NRD I can cancel if I decide it's not worth it or I want to spend elsewhere.

Exactly. The price for Deadpool isn't high enough for me to pass on it because I'm a big fan of the character. However, it is high enough for me to think twice about collecting other potential figures that may come out in the line if they keep the same price point. Same goes with the DC line. If they are going to sell for $230 each I'll be passing on quite a few, where if they kept them around $180-200 each I would buy more to complete the line.

Exactly! I won't be picking up Wolverine or Punisher at this price. I like the characters, but not more the DP or other potential ones.

..... Okay I lied... I might pick up wolverine! :lol

Of course, this is true. I personally speak with my wallet. Hence, no "Destro" in my collection ;)

Back