Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put an EX on order. By the time this releases in October 2015 (assuming no delays) it'll probably be considered cheap at this rate. With no NRD I can cancel if I decide it's not worth it or I want to spend elsewhere.

Did the same.

I win 1 of it from Sideshow contest :D

Not my line. I'll sell it. But I'm happy :D

First time in my life I won something :D

Last edited:
Wow, congratulations :)

I'll never win anything from that, UK people rarely do.

Not a 1/6 kind of guy, I'd probably get a Spidey when they get to him, but this DP kinda looks cool and interesting.

Can't make up my mind about this costume, though. How do people feel about this baggy costume? I haven't seen this in the comics. It's like the mechanic jump suit version of his costume underneath a bunch of accessories.

The costumes likely the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this one. It's almost like they switched outfits with Punisher. He'd wear something like this. Someone with a healing factory doesnt really need all that padding. lol

I've been calling this Deadpool in his pajamas. Not comic accurate but at the heart of it this isn't a line based on the comics. More like Sideshow's interpretation of the character as a figure.

This is the first SS 1/6 Marvel or DC figure that doesn't look like a bobblehead, and therefore the only one I've ordered. I'm sure it was too late for Batman (and probably Superman) because they were too far into production, but hopefully SS's future figures will have head sculpts scaled accordingly. I passed on Harley and Joker due to bobble heads which is too bad, because everything else looked good.

This is the first SS 1/6 Marvel or DC figure that doesn't look like a bobblehead, and therefore the only one I've ordered. I'm sure it was too late for Batman (and probably Superman) because they were too far into production, but hopefully SS's future figures will have head sculpts scaled accordingly. I passed on Harley and Joker due to bobble heads which is too bad, because everything else looked good.

By "bobble head" do you mean accurately and realistically scaled head/body ratio rather than tiny head syndrome? I don't think Deadpool has tiny head syndrome, although in the comics he's frequently Leifielded into horrible proportions.

Deadpool's head is correctly scaled to me. It's SS's 1/6 Batman and Superman heads that are incorrectly scaled IMO. Also keep in mind that comic proportions and real human proportions are typically not the same. I can't remember the proportions but it's like a half head difference or something. So while SS's heads might be accurate for actual humans they are not representative of comic proportions.

Comparison of 1:6 to PF. I think if the head was even 5% smaller it would be good. I really want to get these but the head size is putting me off.
op8k6o.jpg

Detail
23nuhj.jpg

Last edited:
The proportions issues in those pics come from the body IMO, head might be a tad bigger too.

But I already saw Batman in hand and it looks absolutely stunning.

By "bobble head" do you mean accurately and realistically scaled head/body ratio rather than tiny head syndrome? I don't think Deadpool has tiny head syndrome, although in the comics he's frequently Leifielded into horrible proportions.

This shouldnt really apply to "super heroes" they usually have more heroic proportions

and Sideshows heads are HUGE, especially if your going to mix Hot toys with em... Thats why their clones have slowly been getting smaller heads over the last couple years...

I'm not trolling believe me I really want to get these and I might take the leap and grab Batman. From the pics there are a lot of things that look very cool about it so I'm sure I won't hate it, but I also think the head size might bother me. Just as the Pinhead on HT Dutch bothered me to the point that I had to get a Terminator head customized.
6fzj2w.jpg

Accuracy in scale and proportions is just one of those pet peeves. I did a quick lookup -- proportions for the average human male is about 7-1/7 heads, proportions for an idealized body is 8 heads, and proportions for a superhero are 8-1/2 heads. So it is a matter of what system is being employed. I would guess the PFs are using Superhero proportions (8-1/2 heads) and the 1/6 are using idealized proportions (8 heads).

2m2ucec.jpg

I can see the SS Superman 1/6 has a slightly big head, but it doesn't show in that proto pic.

Besides of their bodybuilder physique and ignoring the stylized versions of the characters, why shouldn't superheroes have natural proportions? :lol

There's a guy called Kai Greene, he makes McGuinness' designs look like couch potatoes :lol

Back