Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you're guaranteed this --> "each piece is individually painted and finished, with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product" but you what you actually get is anything less you have a right to complain. Doesn't matter what the price point is. $299 is still a lot of money where I come from. I expect it to buy me a quality statue if that's what I'm looking for and that's what this is advertised to be even at $299. If I didn't care about paint apps etc I'd settle for $20 8" NECA or $80 1/4 NECA and be done with it but I wanted to stretch my dollar a bit more and get a piece that is advertised to be better than what I ended up with.

Not to undermine what you just said, but I'm specifically talking about a Predator statue priced from the $249 - $349.

NOT a Maquette
NOT a Cinemaquette
NOT a $800 KIT
NOT a NECA toy
NOT A HT toy

Specifically, a $299 Predator statue.

If there are no other Predator statues to compare to this one, how can one express the poor quality of this one when there is nothing else to compare it to?

If people try to compare this to other mediums (formats) and find this statue is lacking, then WHY BUY THIS STATUE OR ANY OTHER ONE FROM SS IN THIS LINE?

Also, you know the paint ups on statues are iffy. Nothing is perfect. I hear some saying this is crap. How so? Crap is doo doo in your toilet or dog crap on the ground. Stop overexaggerating just because there are inconsistencies. Hell, if it was so easy, I'd make my own Predator statues and then paint them all myself.

Sorry but $300 is a lot in my world especially once converted to £ and V.A.T added.
At the end of the day it's a horrible statue and I wouldn't spend £50 on it.(£50 would just about cover my Fed-Ex bill).

Thats a grossly overexaggered statement. You all need to grow up and make intelligent non-asinine, asiten, and asieleven comments. Grow up and be precise when expressing a distaste for something when it concerns art!:thwak

I know it's a bust but I picked up the LSB for a bit less than this would cost me and there is absolutely no doubt which I prefer.
At the end of the day, price aside, I do not want this Predator in my collection and I've been looking forward to this for a year.

The unmasked sculpt is fantastic i honestly think it looks brilliant, i don't know what people are complaining about.

The only problem i have with it from pics so far ( and were only looking at 1 set of pics so far ) is the flat silver paint on the Bio the rest of it looks fine to me.

Not to undermine what you just said, but I'm specifically talking about a Predator statue priced from the $249 - $349.

NOT a Maquette
NOT a Cinemaquette
NOT a $800 KIT
NOT a NECA toy
NOT A HT toy

If there are no other Predator statues to compare to this one, how can one express the poor quality of this one when there is nothing else to compare it to?

If people try to compare this to other mediums (formats) and find this statue is lacking, then WHY BUY THIS STATUE OR ANY OTHER ONE FROM SS IN THIS LINE?

Also, you know the paint ups on statues are iffy. Nothing is perfect. I hear some saying this is crap. How so? Crap is doo doo in your toilet or dog crap on the ground. Stop overexaggerating just because there are inconsistencies. Hell, if it was so easy, I'd make my own Predator statues and then paint them all myself.

Why are you double posting in 2 forums?

Thats a grossly overexaggered statement. You all need to grow up and make intelligent non-asinine, asiten, and asieleven comments. Grow up and be precise when expressing a distaste for something when it concerns art!:thwak

Jump off your high horse...
I stand by my statment, it's horrible!
You keep your order, if you did order it, and enjoy it.
I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as the next person. :lecture

NOT a Maquette
NOT a Cinemaquette
NOT a $800 KIT
NOT a NECA toy
NOT A HT toy

u got point brother lets make it clear to all we always judge statues by pics but seriously there is lot of difference when u see it personally..... dont just compare it over pics .......u might will like it when u see it in person......... as someone said in dutch threaD dont judge books by its cover :)

If possible can anybody post pics without flash & in natural light that will be daylight

Jump off your high horse...
I stand by my statment, it's horrible!
You keep your order, if you did order it, and enjoy it.
I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as the next person. :lecture

I don't ride horses #1 (they hurt my testicles)
I did not order this (just to be clear)
You are entitled to your opinion (just to try to be repectful and give some meat to your argument).

Its horrible and it sucks mean absolutely nothing. Just like its good and its fine don't mean anything to the observer or third party reading your comments.

If you cooked a hamburger and then wanted me to taste it, and I told you this crap is horrible...what would your next response be?

WHY????

Give the same respect to SS! If you explain yourself, maybe, just maybe they might listen and take it into consideration when checking these future statues.

no i m not on hate train ..... i know pics dont do justice to these statues u have to see it in person ....... i have cancelled it coz i have Wolf LSF on order n i prefer 1/4 scale also i didnt liked pose

haha no no i wasn't quoting you for the negative i was agreeing with your agreement on the prior post. Then i just added my opinion in general sorry for the confusion!

I have this in person! Looking at it right now. It looks fine from a distance IMO. But you have to decide if the small flaws bother you. For me personally they do. Especially when I think about what was advertised and what I actually ended up with. I don't need another Predator statue at this price point to expect a quality paint job from SS. They advertise this anyway. So why would I expect or accept anything less? It's pretty simple if I'm not satisfied... If you're not satisfied when you get yours in hand... return it. That's what returns are for. Moving on...

If possible can anybody post pics without flash & in natural light that will be daylight

Did you watch the video from Emarae ? i thought it looked pretty decent in 1080 hd there outside in natural light.

:agree the paint is nowhere near as expected compared to the prototypes,, somehow SS is getting casual these days, or they have too many stuff hand to concentrate on one statue being made perfect, anyways ill get mine in hand before judging anything, for me Im not that picky,it should just be a failry good represntation of the character, Im not bothered about 100% movie accuracy, or a little sloppy paint lines as long as it isnt that noticeable
but ILL BE PISSED IF THEY MAKE ANOTHER 1/4 predator :mad:

pre·ten·tious/priˈtenCHəs/

Adjective:

Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

:agree the paint is nowhere near as expected compared to the prototypes,, somehow SS is getting casual these days, or they have too many stuff hand to concentrate on one statue being made perfect, anyways ill get mine in hand before judging anything, for me Im not that picky,it should just be a failry good represntation of the character, Im not bothered about 100% movie accuracy, or a little sloppy paint lines as long as it isnt that noticeable
but ILL BE PISSED IF THEY MAKE ANOTHER 1/4 predator :mad:

I have to say I do hope they make a 1/4 Predator PF down the line. The maquette looks awesome but looks out of scale with the Dutch PF. I would like one to fit in a bit better maybe share base styles.

The only time I was disappointed enough by SSC quality from proto to release to return the item was with the great ultron PF. I understand the final release version is never going to be the same and hand painted does not always translate to the production line. But that thing was like night and day. I did wait to see it in hand though before coming to my final judgment. I am still very excited for this predator to arrive tomorrow and im hoping its not gonna be Ultron part 2.

Back