Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Batman TV Series (Adam West) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not a parody in it's first season, which was brilliant. As others may have pointed out, the '66 television series (first season especially) was pretty much doing a straight forward adaptation of the Batman comics of golden and silver age era. I think the show did become a full blown parody of itself by the third season. Batman was really only serious for about the first year of his comic book history until O'Neil and Adams sort of turned the thing on it's head in 1970. I agree with what you said about Nolan's trilogy. They are among the best Batman films, but they don't exactly have the best portrayal of the Batman character himself. Bale's Batman really conveys a lot of weakness and doubt. West is far closer the character Bill Finger was writing in those comics of the 40s' and 50s'.

Yep first season had a better tone and took things more straightforward- by the time they made the Batman movie in between first two seasons extreme camp was creeping in. The third season was awful but saved bu Batgirl

Yep first season had a better tone and took things more straightforward- by the time they made the Batman movie in between first two seasons extreme camp was creeping in. The third season was awful but saved bu Batgirl

Third season definitely the worst. Batgirl did save it. Most of key villian actors we're gone and some stand ins we're used like for Romero's Joker. Can't wait to get the West Premium Format.

Third season definitely the worst. Batgirl did save it. Most of key villian actors we're gone and some stand ins we're used like for Romero's Joker. Can't wait to get the West Premium Format.

Stand ins? No, that's not true. The only time in the third season used stand ins was for the "Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" episode which required multiple villain to be used in a prison break and fight scene. Other than that, Romero, Meredith, Bueno, Price, and even Gorshin, after being replaced in season 2, all returned for season 3. What killed season 3 was again the fact the show had simply become a parody of itself. The budget had been cut drastically. The ideas for new villain concepts were horrible. They should've turned to the comics for more inspiration like they did with the first season. Scarecrow, Poison Ivy (who debuted in '66), Hugo Strange, and Two-Face (who there was a script for) all should've been used over the likes of Olga, Louie The Lilac, Minerva, The Siren, and Dr. Cassandra. Batman was a novelty show, and most novelty shows of that era hit hard but faded quick. Nevertheless I think Batman could've easily lasted another season or two if they took it back to the tone of season 1 and shook up the formula a tad.

Got two week processing email. Wish it was a couple days later so I can get the next cycle $20 coupon.

Sad. I just missed the chance to meet him, he was going to be at the Rose City Comic show Sept. 8 in Portland OR.

Now it won't be so awesome when this arrives.

I saw Adam West in New Jersey back in the spring of 2002 and he wasn't really like very accommodating to the fans. He always wanted to personalize his autograph so you couldn't make money off of his signed picture. He also rarely signed it writing Batman on it which was kind of disappointing to the fans. However, he played the character so well and as a child I loved watching the show. May he be with Van Williams (Green Hornet) up there too.

Thinking of ordering this now before it sells out and hits scalper city. Anyone get a processing email yet and can tell me the release date?

Back