Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Batman TV Series (Adam West) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just PO this from Sideshow. Hard to resist these big guys when they're only twice the cost of a 1:6 scale figure these days. This will be only my Second PF Statue and am starting to find them more appealing than the the little 1:6 scale figures. I think it's time to stop eating out so much.....

Ramen noodles :lecture

Maybe after this statue I go back to eating at Steak Houses and 1:6 figures.......Ahhh hell no I'll even eat Chef Boyardee to add some more DC premium formats to the collection.

Definetly turned out great!! Hopefully we get shipping notice soon. I ordered day 1. Also have Newmar. Hopefully they sell well, I want to see Batgirl or Romero Joker.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I despise the Adam West Batman. He's not Batman. He's a parody. I understand the appeal if you grew up with it, but beyond that, the show and his Batman are awful and disrespectful to what Batman originally was and what he should be.

That said, the statue looks fantastic. The way the cape attaches to the body is very cheap, but that's the way the cape was attached on the original suit, so Sideshow was kind of forced to use that kind of clip to attach the cape, I guess.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I despise the Adam West Batman. He's not Batman. He's a parody. I understand the appeal if you grew up with it, but beyond that, the show and his Batman are awful and disrespectful to what Batman originally was and what he should be.

That said, the statue looks fantastic. The way the cape attaches to the body is very cheap, but that's the way the cape was attached on the original suit, so Sideshow was kind of forced to use that kind of clip to attach the cape, I guess.

It was the 1960's. That's how tv was back then. Glad you needed to chime in and say you despise it. Received shipment delay also. That sucks.

Don't blame Adam West. Bob Kane may have made Batman to be a Dark Brooding Character but Batman changed into a cartoony super-hero already in the 50's and into the 60's. The Adam West Batman was accurate to what Batman was in the comics in the 60's, campy. This was a period in the comics where he wasn't a dark vigilante who only came out at night. This was a time in the Batman comics where Batman was running around with a whole Bat Family in broad daylight. He had a dog named Ace the Bat-Hound who was solving crimes with him and he hung out with a magical little imp named Bat-Mite. He was cartoony through the 70's too hanging out with the Super Friends. Batman didn't really become serious again till Frank Miller came along then the Tim Burton Batman Movie.

Attachments

• batfamily.jpg
    batfamily.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 69
Don't blame Adam West. Bob Kane may have made Batman to be a Dark Brooding Character but Batman changed into a cartoony super-hero already in the 50's and into the 60's. The Adam West Batman was accurate to what Batman was in the comics in the 60's, campy. This was a period in the comics where he wasn't a dark vigilante who only came out at night. This was a time in the Batman comics where Batman was running around with a whole Bat Family in broad daylight. He had a dog named Ace the Bat-Hound who was solving crimes with him and he hung out with a magical little imp named Bat-Mite. He was cartoony through the 70's too hanging out with the Super Friends. Batman didn't really become serious again till Frank Miller came along then the Tim Burton Batman Movie.

I didn't say the late 50's was a good time for Batman either. ;) There's some good stuff that came out of that era that was later altered and made better, but there's a 15-20 year period there were most comics were not terribly good. That's no excuse for the show though, which was just a straight-up parody.

Back