Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you can buy the Luke and Han Stormtroopers and then just buy and repaint the sandtrooper helmet. The armor on the Luke and Han is nicer then the original ST because it is shiny

Thanks Roc74. Good idea. I'll start that path. I'll going to mod their helmets so I can put them on.

Its probably cheaper to get a blackhole trooper and some glossy spray paint. I got 3 of them for the price of one white stormie.

Sideshow 1/6 Stormtroopers

With Sideshow doing a new Vader, I was wondering if anybody knew if Sideshow was going to produce more original trilogy Stormtroopers. Their prices seem to be pretty high on ebay and such.

Re: Sideshow 1/6 Stormtroopers

with the amount of clones available im surprised we havent gotten a new Stormtrooper.
even though their first release is unreal,i too would buy a new updated version if it became available-otherwise,Biker Scout and Snowtrooper would do ;)

i just bought two so i hope not for a while

I think SS needs to look at this seriously and try to build a culture around the militaries line. I think it's money to be made in kitting out the clones and stormies so we all can customize and make all the cool stuff they are never going to get to manufacture. Body armor, ribbed body suits, etc could all be a bit of an evergreen line for them in the 1/6th category. Not sure why they aren't doing this!

I think SS needs to look at this seriously and try to build a culture around the militaries line. I think it's money to be made in kitting out the clones and stormies so we all can customize and make all the cool stuff they are never going to get to manufacture. Body armor, ribbed body suits, etc could all be a bit of an evergreen line for them in the 1/6th category. Not sure why they aren't doing this!

:exactly::goodpost:

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on BBTS' "warehouse find" sale they had about a year ago, stormies @ $80 a piece. I already had one and I was low on funds at the time, but still...

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but I'd much rather a different company put out a stormtrooper. I have six stormies/sandtroopers, and 5 clones, and IMO there is a LOT of room for improvement. The base bodies are bordering on unacceptable, even on the "upgraded" blackhole/ new sandtrooper/ new clone bodies. Not one of them will stand without a stand for more than a couple of days. The original stormtroopers are basically ragdolls. With new sideshow star wars figures already going for 130 ish bucks, i'd rather spend the extra, say, 30 or 40 bucks and get a proper stormtrooper with a good hot toys truetype, accurate helmet and armour sculpt, and a proper shiny paint finish.

I recently made a little mod to my Stormtrooper, by grinding off the aerators and replacing them with smaller versions, cannibalized from an old Tomy helmet fridge magnet, which I had lying around.
Makes a subtle improvement I think.

stormie01.jpg

stormie02.jpg

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but I'd much rather a different company put out a stormtrooper. I have six stormies/sandtroopers, and 5 clones, and IMO there is a LOT of room for improvement. The base bodies are bordering on unacceptable, even on the "upgraded" blackhole/ new sandtrooper/ new clone bodies. Not one of them will stand without a stand for more than a couple of days. The original stormtroopers are basically ragdolls. With new sideshow star wars figures already going for 130 ish bucks, i'd rather spend the extra, say, 30 or 40 bucks and get a proper stormtrooper with a good hot toys truetype, accurate helmet and armour sculpt, and a proper shiny paint finish.

I'm Fine with the clones , but an updated Stormy is needed

Back