Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been messing around with my Sideshow Stormtroopers and in these couple of years they have really grown on me!
I suppose it's a simple matter of getting used to the way they look, flaring chest pieces, small cod-pieces and all.
I've been thinking about displaying them with head sculpts as I have a couple of HT head sculpts lying about.
What's needed to customize HT sculpts on the Sideshow bodies?

The head should fit right on the neck piece or not. LOL

100_1313.jpg

I'm on my third Armor body, and it seems like I finally got a good one. First one had floppy arms and legs, second one had floppy arms, now I think I'm good. Gotta say, the new 'superhero' body that Sideshow's working on. . . even if it looks good, I wouldn't buy it, every single new body they've done has suffered from terrible loose joints, Indy, Hobbits, Troopers, blech.

Been messing around with my Sideshow Stormtroopers and in these couple of years they have really grown on me!
I suppose it's a simple matter of getting used to the way they look, flaring chest pieces, small cod-pieces and all.
I've been thinking about displaying them with head sculpts as I have a couple of HT head sculpts lying about.
What's needed to customize HT sculpts on the Sideshow bodies?

I so love OT Troopers with head sculpts even if they are clone heads ...
imag0015vc.jpg

I'm on my third Armor body, and it seems like I finally got a good one. First one had floppy arms and legs, second one had floppy arms, now I think I'm good. Gotta say, the new 'superhero' body that Sideshow's working on. . . even if it looks good, I wouldn't buy it, every single new body they've done has suffered from terrible loose joints, Indy, Hobbits, Troopers, blech.

:goodpost: So funkin' damm true! :exactly:

Any chance any of you who own mulitple Stormtrooper have one for sale? I have been looking for one in the sale section for awhile but had no luck. :pray:

I'm in the same boat. For the money they're going for now, I better off just buying the PF.

I'm thinking the same. These were going for less than $100 at the time it was released. I guess the $$ is better off with PF.

You guys serious? Check the completed eBay listings -- a lot of Stormtroopers sold over Christmas for $100. And more at $120.

Contact those sellers or just hang tight. Not sure where the $200-$300 price is coming from, overseas shipping added in?

You guys serious? Check the completed eBay listings -- a lot of Stormtroopers sold over Christmas for $100. And more at $120.

Contact those sellers or just hang tight. Not sure where the $200-$300 price is coming from, overseas shipping added in?

I looked at those that sold for $100 and they were all pretty much bought out by the same guy as soon as they went up. All I know if when I was actively looking a month ago, price were around the $150+ mark when you factored in shipping and, having owned one before, didn't think they're worth that much. So I figured I'd just spend more and get the PF instead

Last edited:
Prices tend to drop a bit right around Xmas... people running out of money and not spending as much, others desperate to sell to make ends meet.

Usually a good time to buy, but not indicative of stable prices.

Prices tend to drop a bit right around Xmas... people running out of money and not spending as much, others desperate to sell to make ends meet.

Usually a good time to buy, but not indicative of stable prices.

Very true. I was looking to buy my friend an old plush doll called 'Super Pickle; prior to Xmas, it was going for $150 plus. Post xmas, well under $100

I'll hang tight. The most I will pay is $120. SSC needs to reissue more Stormtrooper. Having one is not enough for most SW fans. I'm late in the game. Just got my first SSC Desert Sandtrooper and now I'm hooked.

Yeah, I hope they release a version 2 soon. Hopefully they fix the large chest armor piece and fix the helmet.

I'm tempted to get a desert Sandtrooper and do Stormtrooper repaint. My only concern is the helmet grill mark. Not sure if I can do it.

I'm tempted to get a desert Sandtrooper and do Stormtrooper repaint. My only concern is the helmet grill mark. Not sure if I can do it.

Or you can buy the Luke and Han Stormtroopers and then just buy and repaint the sandtrooper helmet. The armor on the Luke and Han is nicer then the original ST because it is shiny

Back