Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to replacing my floppy original armor body with a Blackhole Stormtrooper body and LO and BEHOLD, my Stormie can actually hold his blaster up high and take action poses with his legs. . . it's a wonderful thing.

My old one could barely hold his arms up, the lateral motion in the shoulders would just sway them back towards neutral. And oh vey, those legs, I'd have to finagle the leg armor to support the hips and pin them against the codpiece to keep him from falling over. I took a chance on that Blackhole Trooper body hoping they'd fixed everything by then, the left arm is still a bit floppy but it's a great deal better than the original version.

trooperp.jpg

The body of the blackhole is more rigid than the
stormtrooper?

it would better standing?

Looks great! Guess a Blackhole Body is just way cheaper than the African TrueType Slim Body I bought.
Really don't wanna sound snobbish, but I think those figures only look great standing without any display.

The body of the blackhole is more rigid than the
stormtrooper?

it would better standing?

It's still a little loose, but like the first floppy Pro on Indiana Jones, they fixed the major problems on the next go round.

Looks great! Guess a Blackhole Body is just way cheaper than the African TrueType Slim Body I bought.
Really don't wanna sound snobbish, but I think those figures only look great standing without any display.

I think I got mine for $19.99 at Toy Anxiety. . . so yeah, versus the $39.99 of a TrueType. I think it's a better deal.

Question to those of you who applied the Future shine a while back... how is it holding? Is there any yellowing? Is it flaking off? I'm thinking of using it but am afraid it won't last.

I finally got around to replacing my floppy original armor body with a Blackhole Stormtrooper body and LO and BEHOLD, my Stormie can actually hold his blaster up high and take action poses with his legs. . . it's a wonderful thing.

My old one could barely hold his arms up, the lateral motion in the shoulders would just sway them back towards neutral. And oh vey, those legs, I'd have to finagle the leg armor to support the hips and pin them against the codpiece to keep him from falling over. I took a chance on that Blackhole Trooper body hoping they'd fixed everything by then, the left arm is still a bit floppy but it's a great deal better than the original version.

trooperp.jpg

I to just used the original body that comes with the sandies, some joints were to loose for my liking so i just got a craft knife & popped all the seams on the arms & legs then put plastic washers in the knee & elbow joints & they are solid now :)
The side movement on the thigh was loose to so what i did was glue some black electrical tape around the hollowed part at the top so the hip ball joint grips tighter.

for a more secure foot joint I took the ball joint collar from the ankle of a truetype & measured the height of this then cut off the same amount of height from the black sandie body ankles so the overall height stayed the same then glued them on. There flesh colour but you will never see them.
I popped out the black foot peg on the shoes & drilled the hole out with a 6.5mm drill bit popped in a hot toys ball joint & away you go a solid body which is capable of loads of different poses & a fully loaded sandie with backpack & blaster stands proud with ease so a stormie is gonna be a breeze to stand free & not topple over.

Hope this is of some help to anyone? Its a cheaper option than trying to track down a truetype slim body that are selling for stupid money at the moment that is why i did this to all my sandies :)

Nearly forgot to say, i used the truetype neck joint on all the bodies as i have the helmets hollowed out to accomadate a head sculpt 1 tip is the black ball joint on the bodies they are loose & move around which causes the head to flop around when attached so just unscrew the chest & back, seperate them get the black ball joint & super glue it in the slot that is in either the back or chest this will make the neck joint solid when popped onto the original black ball. do not super glue it to both the chest & back or you will never be able to seperate the cheast section again.

Last edited:
Question to those of you who applied the Future shine a while back... how is it holding? Is there any yellowing? Is it flaking off? I'm thinking of using it but am afraid it won't last.

I got mine when SS first released these and I’ve had zero problems with the floor wax. Once you do it you won’t regret it.

Hey guys, sorry to dredge up this thread, but this is a huge thread and I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me how they tightened the joints on their stormtrooper? Did anyone here do this or did most of you just swap it with another body?

Even after all this time, this figure still bugs the hell out of me, everytime I look at it, it just frustrates me that I can't even touch it without it flopping all over the place and the slightest breeze has all the armor falling out of place. Now it seems the elastics that hold the shoulder armor have lost their elasticity.. jeez.

Sorry for that rant, this figure just gets me worked up, I just want a decent Stormtrooper damnit. That being said, as frustrating as it is, I don't want to give up on the figure.

You can do two things, take it all apart and tighten the screws on the actual body...or buy a newer clone body loose.

To do a body swap, you'd wind up stripping the figure bare anyway. It's easiest and cheapest to just tighten the screws. I had this issue with my CloneObi but after tightening the screws, the body has yet to re-floppy itself. :lol

How did you go about doing it?

Breaking down the figure? Or tightening the joints? The breakdown is easy once you get the chest and pelvic armor cracked open. You'll need to pick a seam and just run a razor blade across the seams on the sides until you can get it to crack/separate by pulling it. Then it's just a matter of slipping off the body suit (over the head and down) sticking a small philllips head into the screw holes and gently turning until the screws are tighter.

Tightening does help, but I haven't had the best luck. Any newer clones from the last few releases should be fine. Boil & Waxer, or Bly.

Breaking down the figure? Or tightening the joints? The breakdown is easy once you get the chest and pelvic armor cracked open. You'll need to pick a seam and just run a razor blade across the seams on the sides until you can get it to crack/separate by pulling it. Then it's just a matter of slipping off the body suit (over the head and down) sticking a small philllips head into the screw holes and gently turning until the screws are tighter.

thanks for this Nam!

My Clonobi can't pose worth s*** which sucks for someone who likes to pose his figures. I'll definitely have to tighten the joints with this method when I get a chance. Are the screws "open" or is there a cap over the screws that needs to be popped off to get to the screws?

You're talking about clone armor right? Not the stormtrooper body, or am I wrong? How did you tighten the stormtrooper elbows and knees?

Back