Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there was one mine I just rest on top of the peg, they don't fall off or anything

I cut a small piece of foam rubber and wrapped it once around the inside of the helmet. And stuck that on the peg. It works great, you can adjust the height and position the head to look in any direction and it will stay set.

Picked up a SS Stormtrooper. Glad to have one back in the collection. He's on a slim TT. Armor has been shined up with future floor polish. Big thanks to you SW freaks. So much passion over here. Love it.
IMG_1916_zpsff85b1d1.jpg

IMG_1914_zpsf75283e1.jpg

IMG_1917_zps55ad50e4.jpg

IMG_1919_zpsff675310.jpg

IMG_1921_zps226e12bc.jpg

IMG_1924_zps4f5810d8.jpg

A litte fun with a TT sculpt I had laying around. :)
IMG_1922_zps61b37ca8.jpg

IMG_1923_zps4aeaba21.jpg

Really nice pics!! Have you done the chest armor mod?? The reason I ask is it looks really good.

nice pics SR.............that future mod is a must for this figure. looks so good all shiny........:yess:

Yeah, that Stomie looks great. I can definitely see the difference between the stocks chest and the modded one but what does the mod entail?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Did the chest mod. Forgot to mention that. :) Thanks.

I was about to ask that question cos I remember Sideshow Stormtrooper chest armor is too broad. The reason why I skipped it.
Do you mind sharing how you made the modification? It looks almost perfect! Superb work.

I was about to ask that question cos I remember Sideshow Stormtrooper chest armor is too broad. The reason why I skipped it.
Do you mind sharing how you made the modification? It looks almost perfect! Superb work.

You skipped this figure for the price of a bowl of boiling water... :monkey2

Yeah, foolish me isn't it? :p
But I do have a Medicom's Stormtrooper which, IMO, is in better proportion than the Sideshow ones albeit it looks smaller scale wise.

Yeah, foolish me isn't it? :p
But I do have a Medicom's Stormtrooper which, IMO, is in better proportion than the Sideshow ones albeit it looks smaller scale wise.

Scale aside I like the medi body, it poses very well- but it is fragile as buggery, especially the ankles, and the shoulders aren't great either. The ankle on mine came straight off one day just through very gentle handling. I don't have any problems with the medi's proportions personally, but being picky there's a fair bit that's off compared with the SS version. Kind of bummed I sold mine, for all its faults it was a fun figure.

I keep wanting to buy this figure...but I know that the Stormtrooper 2.0 with extra hands / weapons / etc is just around the corner...

Remove the chest piece from the figure, place it in very hot water and as the plastic softens bend it into shape by squeezing the sides towards each other. Allow to cool and voila :)

Ah, the hot/cold method. Easy. I thought it would involve cutting or something. I'll keep this in mind if I everntually hunt one down at a decent price.

Ah, the hot/cold method. Easy. I thought it would involve cutting or something. I'll keep this in mind if I everntually hunt one down at a decent price.

I also added a strip of velcro to keep the two 'halves' closer together.

I can't see how a variant wouldn't sell really well... I hope we see a new stormtrooper figure sooner rather than later. I'm kicking myself for only getting the one at MSRP, which was all I thought I could afford at the time. I was still a newb at the time and didn't reckon on them becoming rare as hen's teeth.

Back